• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

2074yu4sw2.gif

LOL..LOL..LOL

Excellent coverage by the local paper.
Shame they didn't expand on the allocations of costs as I'm very surprised no costs were awarded to THFC and Harringay Council, more so the council as it involved public expenditure.
Hopefully Spurs didn't push the matter having reached an 'undertstanding' that a further appeal would not be made.
I assume THFC no longer have to pay the sweetener and relocation costs as the CPO would just mean purchase of the land at current market rate? If so THFC would be quids in.
Great day to be a Spurs fan.

Can't the find the twitter feed but this is an interesting point made on SC:

Found this point in this link: http://uk.practicallaw.com/2-521-8795

"An application for permission to appeal from a decision of the High Court or the County Court which was itself made on appeal is a second appeal. Only the Court of Appeal can give permission for a second appeal. It will only allow this in an exceptional case, where the appeal would raise an important point of principle or practice (that has not yet been established) or there is some other compelling reason to hear it."

So they could technically appeal directly, but it doesn't seem likely they will get permission as Archway's case is nonsensical.

SSN saying Archway have right to go to Court of Appeal but must do so in the next two weeks. Have not heard from archway yet whether they will take that step.

And so it goes on.

I hope we are not paying any legal costs for this shambles! Judging by the comments from the judge there is no case, it was a complete waste of everyone's time. I for one hope levy takes them to the cleaners now, even if it takes another couple of months to settle, f@ck them, they've done the damage delaying the stadium for a couple of years, I say we take an extra couple of months to try and bankrupt them!!

I hope we are not paying any legal costs for this shambles! Judging by the comments from the judge there is no case, it was a complete waste of everyone's time. I for one hope levy takes them to the cleaners now, even if it takes another couple of months to settle, f@ck them, they've done the damage delaying the stadium for a couple of years, I say we take an extra couple of months to try and bankrupt them!!

A couple months more delay could easily push the stadium development out one further season. Thats the last thing we need.

Dazzla.. They claimed that they are a small family business and would pay SOS costs but asked not to pay Tottenham and Haringey. Judge accepted this. They then went on to ask if they could appeal. LOL at the ballsyness.

Dazzla.. They claimed that they are a small family business and would pay SOS costs but asked not to pay Tottenham and Haringey. Judge accepted this. They then went on to ask if they could appeal. LOL at the ballsyness.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes the cheek of people beggars belief

They can appeal directly to the court of appeals. It will obviously get thrown out, but they might waste a few more weeks/months. Which seems to be their main ambition anyway.

So...is this over yet or not?

Not quite. Waiting to hear whether Archway decide to go to the Court of Appeal which if they do they must apply within the next fortnight, but they need to demonstrate exceptional circumstances to stand a chance of winning the right.

What's the betting they'll now hang it out the full fortnight their allowed before announcing whether they'll appeal.

Those two articles clearly shows how the media court clicks onto its site just by the headlines and which section they are in.

I don't want Tottenham to announce anything stadium wise just yet.. I want this Chelsea Paris racism to fester a little longer.

Not quite. Waiting to hear whether Archway decide to go to the Court of Appeal which if they do they must apply within the next fortnight, but they need to demonstrate exceptional circumstances to stand a chance of winning the right.

What's the betting they'll now hang it out the full fortnight their allowed before announcing whether they'll appeal.

So basically they'll appeal on March 6th, and then the case will probably (hopefully) be thrown out for good in early May?

Back