• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

I would like to see some attacking signings but our main weakness last season...was rank bad defending.

I can see the logic in trying to address this...two defensive signings already! would be pleased with this signing if it is a done deal.

lb- rose,davies
rb- walker,trippier
cb- Dier, Wimmer, Toby & Jan

nothing wrong with that, not to shabby just need to clear out Kaboul & Vlad....no point in them stifling Wimmer & Dier, our young cb's

Yeah I get that but llalana was Taken from Bournmouth, Clyne from Palace, Scheiderlain from France...

I guess I think we should as a club get more credit for the amount we have brought through

I'd guess last season there were more Tottenham youth team products playing in the premier league than Southampton

It's also about expectation... It's easy bringing through youngsters when your not a great side. Do it at the top and its massive due to the ability needed, the pressure and the scale

Let's see how many they have playing in the premier league in just 1 seasons time

Indeed. I especially like the idea of Clyne being a Southampton youth product despite having made some 140 competitive appearances for Crystal Palace prior to joining the Saints! To be fair, though, Lallana did join them as a 12 year old. So a genuine youth product even if originally from Bournemouth.

Agreed, too, that Southampton won't find it half as easy to bring through youth players if they establish themselves as a top 4-8 club and hope to stay there.

I would like to see some attacking signings but our main weakness last season...was rank bad defending.

I can see the logic in trying to address this...two defensive signings already! would be pleased with this signing if it is a done deal.

lb- rose,davies
rb- walker,trippier

nothing wrong with that, not to shabby just need to clear out Kaboul & Vlad....no point in them stifling Wimmer & Dier, our young cb's

You forgot Faz, Nige. ;)

lb- rose,davies
rb- walker,trippier

What about Fazio !!? I agree though .. Personally I would be using Fazio and soldado as bait to Spanish clubs for potential swaps or straight cash deals

lb- rose,davies
rb- walker,trippier

Some good points made there and I agree with some of it, however our defense got a lot of stick last year which was over the top. Our biggest problem is that our back four had little or no protection from our CM and were left exposed on far too many occasions and until we sort that out the same will happen next season.

Some good points made there and I agree with some of it, however our defense got a lot of stick last year which was over the top. Our biggest problem is that our back four had little or no protection from our CM and were left exposed on far too many occasions and until we sort that out the same will happen next season.

to a lesser extent I guess.

I doubt we will give so many gifts away by playing Kaboul & Vlad.

Assuming if signed Toby will be a nailed on starter, Dier can cover anywhere across the back 4 but ideally we want to be grooming him as our future cb.
Not sure if I buy into the idea we need a midfield destroyer, I think we need to be better at retaining possesion and playing out from the back.

to a lesser extent I guess.

I doubt we will give so many gifts away by playing Kaboul & Vlad.

Assuming if signed Toby will be a nailed on starter, Dier can cover anywhere across the back 4 but ideally we want to be grooming him as our future cb.
Not sure if I buy into the idea we need a midfield destroyer, I think we need to be better at retaining possesion and playing out from the back.

To be honest we conceded goals all season and it was not just Kaboul and Vlad who were playing at the time ( but I get the point you are making), as for a midfield destroyer i do not think that is what a lot are saying we need. What we need is a M/F player who is able to read the defensive part of a CM players job which neither Bentalab or Mason are good at. The number of time they both allow runners in behind them is shocking and needs to be sorted.

Indeed. I especially like the idea of Clyne being a Southampton youth product despite having made some 140 competitive appearances for Crystal Palace prior to joining the Saints! To be fair, though, Lallana did join them as a 12 year old. So a genuine youth product even if originally from Bournemouth.

Agreed, too, that Southampton won't find it half as easy to bring through youth players if they establish themselves as a top 4-8 club and hope to stay there.

I suppose Bentaleb was born in Enfield?
Kane also had stints at Arsenal and Watford, arriving at Spurs aged 11. So if we're unsure of Lallana's credentials, I suppose we need to ask ourselves if Kane is really a Spurs product?

The highlighted part is pure, unsubstantiated conjecture, so i wont even bother with that. I guess if you doubt whether saints produce academy players that go on to make first team appearances then thats fine. I think you'll be in a small minority though.

Last edited:
Who: JJetset
When: 3oth June
Where: Twitter

Q: Are Spurs going to get Alderweireld?

JJetset: no
I think majority of itk from Spurs is s lead of rubbish but there is no doubt this jetset lad has some top connections if not working within Spurs himself .. Fact he said no could have been right at time . Maybe we knew Southampton in box seat so levy went over pushed boat out which athletico then scrapped deal with Southampton and he signs for us .. No itk is always right 100% but at least this guy doesn't spout out flimflam already out there in media like the likes of others who haven't a foggiest clue and he has definitely got more right than wrong .. With the others they never commit to anything it's just a mountain of manure

I think majority of itk from Spurs is s lead of rubbish but there is no doubt this jetset lad has some top connections if not working within Spurs himself .. Fact he said no could have been right at time . Maybe we knew Southampton in box seat so levy went over pushed boat out which athletico then scrapped deal with Southampton and he signs for us .. No itk is always right 100% but at least this guy doesn't spout out hogwash already out there in media like the likes of others who haven't a foggiest clue and he has definitely got more right than wrong .. With the others they never commit to anything it's just a mountain of manure
He hasn't signed yet, so could well be right and looking at Saints forum they believe they are still in the mix to get him and Madrid are playing games to get the price hiked up.

A Belgian jouro has also said there is no agreement with us at the moment...

He hasn't signed yet, so could well be right and looking at Saints forum they believe they are still in the mix to get him and Madrid are playing games to get the price hiked up.

A Belgian jouro has also said there is no agreement with us at the moment...
Id believe it . Levy drags the crap out of things to very end. Quite duprised myself if he met a club and agreed everything within 24hrs . That's not his or Spurs style unless absolute desperate and that will be the day with him !!!

Back