• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

Trouble is Levy wants to let a Director of Football run the contracts side of things. But every time they do they go and waste it all on Crap.

I would have to be a Southampton Fan at the moment. Basically they are becoming a feeder club for the Top 6. I suppose as long as they continue to produce through their ranks they will be ok. But in the last year they will have lost nearly 7 first team starters.

Shaw
Clyne
Alderweireld
Lovren

Lallana
Lambert

I would have to be a Southampton Fan at the moment. Basically they are becoming a feeder club for the Top 6. I suppose as long as they continue to produce through their ranks they will be ok. But in the last year they will have lost nearly 7 first team starters.

Shaw
Clyne
Alderweireld
Lovren

Lallana
Lambert

and still achieved their highest PL finish, qualified for europe. Fans are having a great time

and still achieved their highest PL finish, qualified for europe. Fans are having a great time

yeah maybe. But you cant sustain that amount of turnover of playing staff and stay successful. But I hope they do in a way, I Want to see English team bringing players through. I liked the fact that teams like Southampton, Leicester etc rely on bring through their own than relying on buying over priced foreign players that are not better.

yeah maybe. But you cant sustain that amount of turnover of playing staff and stay successful. But I hope they do in a way, I Want to see English team bringing players through. I liked the fact that teams like Southampton, Leicester etc rely on bring through their own than relying on buying over priced foreign players that are not better.

But Southampton aren't gonna do that much more. There buying in foreigners as they now have they cash to replace the British lads they have sold

When we played them last season over both games they had hardky anyone who had come through the ranks.

At WHL they had two lads in the bench

At their ground they had one starter and two lads in the bench that came through the ranks

It's now a bit of a myth under Koeman

16M Euros [£11.4M] + bonuses agreed terms with Atletico allegedly

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/calciom...-dallatletico-madrid-le-cifre-delloperazione/

Google Translation

"Tottenham , there is an agreement with Atletico Madrid for Alderweireld : the figures of the operation

Last season he played at Southampton on loan from Atletico Madrid , and the future of Toby Alderweireld still speak English . In the night , in fact, an agreement was reached between the Colchoneros and Tottenham , which has so much talk in recent weeks . Intesa found on the basis of 16 million plus 1-2 bonus , operation ended a few hours ago . The Belgian defender is ready , now White Hart Lane awaits him .

Last edited:
11.5 mill pounds, thats fair enough i suppose. I was worried at the 18 mill pounds reports earlier in the week

well done Danny boy

now can we buy a couple attacking players?

But Southampton aren't gonna do that much more. There buying in foreigners as they now have they cash to replace the British lads they have sold

When we played them last season over both games they had hardky anyone who had come through the ranks.

At WHL they had two lads in the bench

At their ground they had one starter and two lads in the bench that came through the ranks

It's now a bit of a myth under Koeman
To be fair a whole generation got poached when they slipped down the leagues: Bale, Walcott, Oxlade Chamberlain, Mills, McGoldrick, Blackstock etc.

They then brought through another lot which has just been plundered: Clyne, Lallana, Chamberlain, Shaw etc.

They still have Ward-Prowse, Schneiderlin etc in the first team. They can't just have wave after wave of youth ready to go. If 6-7 of our youth products knocking on the first team door went then we would have none either. They have to buy to replace holes created in their squad: they cant have no right back for 3 years on the pitch whilst they wait for the next one to develop to be fair.

To be fair a whole generation got poached when they slipped down the leagues: Bale, Walcott, Oxlade Chamberlain, Mills, McGoldrick, Blackstock etc.

They then brought through another lot which has just been plundered: Clyne, Lallana, Chamberlain, Shaw etc.

They still have Ward-Prowse, Schneiderlin etc in the first team. They can't just have wave after wave of youth ready to go. If 6-7 of our youth products knocking on the first team door went then we would have none either. They have to buy to replace holes created in their squad: they cant have no right back for 3 years on the pitch whilst they wait for the next one to develop to be fair.

Yeah I get that but llalana was Taken from Bournmouth, Clyne from Palace, Scheiderlain from France...

I guess I think we should as a club get more credit for the amount we have brought through

I'd guess last season there were more Tottenham youth team products playing in the premier league than Southampton

It's also about expectation... It's easy bringing through youngsters when your not a great side. Do it at the top and its massive due to the ability needed, the pressure and the scale

Let's see how many they have playing in the premier league in just 1 seasons time

Back