• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

The man cannot handle the pressure or himself in this job. He shows it every week and every time he opens his mouth. He embarrasses the club

Sherwood: " its easy to be critical when you've got nothing else to talk about."

Some unintentional self analysis from the man there.

Tim Sherwood has hit back at Glenn Hoddle's criticism of the Spurs players' body language ahead of last Sunday's defeat to Liverpool.

The Reds ran out easy 4-0 winners to go top of the Premier League.

Former boss Hoddle, passed over by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy for the manager's job after Andre Villas Boas's sacking in December, believes the North London club's players were beaten before the match on the basis of their body language in the tunnel.

But Sherwood, whose men face Sunderland on Monday, defended his team.

He said: "It's been a long time since Glenn Hoddle has managed a team and the game has moved on significantly.

"I've been a pundit myself and its easy to be critical when you've got nothing else to talk about."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-boss-tim-sherwood-slams-3365427#ixzz2xvMt4Rrt
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

On the evidence of Timmeh's showing as a pundit, it's not easy - not easy at all. The only two things Timmeh showed as a pundit are that he's not a very good pundit, and that he doesn't know much of anything.

that's a low one timmeh.

you were ever only in the game as much the U-21s only, you can't put yourself in the same sentence as G Hoddle on or off the pitch!

"It's been a long time since Glenn Hoddle has managed a team and the game has moved on significantly"..............its a shame your football from the 90s tactics havent moved on hey Timbo!

Didn't he fall out with Hoddle when he was a player here? Can imagine this is a hangover from that

It's within the scope of a pundit to critique what they see. Hoddle said the players were beaten in the tunnel, who can really argue that? They weren't prepared properly, who is to blame for that?

With every new day comes a new embarrassment with Tim.

that's a low one timmeh.

you were ever only in the game as much the U-21s only, you can't put yourself in the same sentence as G Hoddle on or off the pitch!

Hoddle's only won the FA cup and taken England through an impressive World Cup finals campaign. What sort of credentials are they compared to loaning Ryan Mason to Swindon a couple of time?

Didn't he fall out with Hoddle when he was a player here? Can imagine this is a hangover from that

It's within the scope of a pundit to critique what they see. Hoddle said the players were beaten in the tunnel, who can really argue that? They weren't prepared properly, who is to blame for that?

What frustrates me about this is that he doesn't actually address the criticism aimed at him. He's basically said 'his opinion doesn't matter to me' having repeatedly said 'I'm still learning the job'. How does he expect to ever learn anything if any time he gets any constructive criticism he dismisses it totally.

What frustrates me about this is that he doesn't actually address the criticism aimed at him. He's basically said 'his opinion doesn't matter to me' having repeatedly said 'I'm still learning the job'. How does he expect to ever learn anything if any time he gets any constructive criticism he dismisses it totally.

Yeah, it's all a deflection. Probably because he knows that what Hoddle said is right.

Last edited:

On a slightly different tack, what kind of post-lobotomy, inbred, redneck, backwards depart do you have to be to take public potshots at a Spurs legend like Hoddle when plying your trade as Spurs manager?

He was, at least partly, responsible for getting Hoddle sacked. He wormtongued to Levy. Just as he later did about Hodgson (not to Levy) and it seems AVB.

Hoddle has actually been quite dignified and not kicked Timmeh while he's down, like he must surely be tempted to.

Hoddle's only won the FA cup and taken England through an impressive World Cup finals campaign. What sort of credentials are they compared to loaning Ryan Mason to Swindon a couple of time?

when did Hoddle win the FA cup as a manager? iirc Chelski lost 4-0 to Utd back in 94

On a slightly different tack, what kind of post-lobotomy, inbred, redneck, backwards depart do you have to be to take public potshots at a Spurs legend like Hoddle when plying your trade as Spurs manager?

image.jpg

Attachments

• ts.jpg
    ts.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 8

He was, at least partly, responsible for getting Hoddle sacked. He wormtongued to Levy. Just as he later did about Hodgson (not to Levy) and it seems AVB.

Hoddle has actually been quite dignified and not kicked Timmeh while he's down, like he must surely be tempted to.

spot on

I listened to the warm up on Radio R5 and the announcer (Greenie, a notorious Liverpool fan) said the Spurs players' body language was all wrong and that they looked beaten before the kick off. So what Greenie saw, Glenn also saw by the sound of it.
Whatever the rights and wrongs, Sherwood must be stark raving mad to have a go at Hoddle - why not ignore it, why on earth annoy the fans?
I'm sure Sherwood knows that he is on a hiding to nothing by now, but alienating the fans further is daft.

I listened to the warm up on Radio R5 and the announcer (Greenie, a notorious Liverpool fan) said the Spurs players' body language was all wrong and that they looked beaten before the kick off. So what Greenie saw, Glenn also saw by the sound of it.
Whatever the rights and wrongs, Sherwood must be stark raving mad to have a go at Hoddle - why not ignore it, why on earth annoy the fans?
I'm sure Sherwood knows that he is on a hiding to nothing by now, but alienating the fans further is daft.

He had a go at him as a player (imagine how he'd react if one of his lads did that) so it's no surprise he's having a go now. In playing terms Sherwood is not fit to even look at Glenns boots.

Tbh the one thing I'm starting to warm to about Timmeh is how completely insane he's becoming. It's like instead of committing suicide by taking a bag of sleeping pills, he's going for 'death by cop' by trying to take down the prime minister.

All that has gone on since he was sacked confirms what we were all saying - if you give the spurs job to an inexperienced manager it's only going to end one way.

There is an enormous weight of pressure on any spurs manager built up by our recent good league campaigns. Throw an inexperienced manager into the mix and it's just a disaster waiting to happen. I honestly don't think TS thought It would be that hard.

Classic case of ego setting himself up for a fall. If you're an inexperienced manager you will be judged on results a nd style of play, as well as your general demeanour and behaviour.

TS has failed at every level for me at proving he is ready for a top job like this- though that's not to say some years down the line he might not make a decent manager.

He hasn't endeared himself to the fans or the players it's like he us he'll bent on some power trip.

Bring back BMJ Levy, you owe us fans someone who will love our club like we love it. And I'm sure he could do something with this lot.

Back