• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

True. I couldnt help myself...i just keep thinking about Gutter boy actively campaigning for us to lose and i was relieved and happy that someone could gloat about the win....i apologise for that as it does not help

i would like to say though that your second comment was provocative as well, normally i dont mind / care at all that but in the same post that you say dont provoke others you go on to actually do that

I can understand completely about adding fuel to the fire, i shouldnt have done that but like i said it was an impulse i couldnt control at the time....

Water under the bridge, Affy and sorry if the second paragraph appeared provocative, it wasn't meant to be.

I think it would be really good if we could try and put an end to the infighting and gloating on this board. If you disagree with GB (and by GHod, I certainly do) defeat his argument with your laser guided precision of old.

Water under the bridge, Affy and sorry if the second paragraph appeared provocative, it wasn't meant to be.

I think it would be really good if we could try and put an end to the infighting and gloating on this board. If you disagree with GB (and by GHod, I certainly do) defeat his argument with your laser guided precision of old.

ah you can be a sweet heart sometimes ;)

now lets get back to our corners and continue avoiding each other for the better :lol:

Can you imagine how GB is feeling today? not only did Sherwood mastermind a big win....but he did it using GB's preferred 4-3-3 formation. This must be a severe blow to him so i genuinely hope he is ok.

Enough of that, what a win yesterday. I thought the team selection was terrible but deary me how wrong was i? If Sherwood is able to get us to play fluid football on a regular basis using 4-3-3...i want him in the job next season regardless of what happens.

It would have been easy to looked at the result rather than the performance against Everton and not made many changes. But all credit to Tim he knew changes were needed and made them. Looked a better side lady night, though the opposition didn't look committed.
Still a work in progress, but picking up maximum points while developing.
Only 6 points behind Arsenal and closing. They were described as a spent force last night.

We must be on the up even Huddy sounds positive hahah !!!

23/30 points is all you need to say, well done TS !!!

Up the Spurs !!!!

Can you imagine how GB is feeling today? not only did Sherwood mastermind a big win....but he did it using GB's preferred 4-3-3 formation. This must be a severe blow to him so i genuinely hope he is ok.

Enough of that, what a win yesterday. I thought the team selection was terrible but deary me how wrong was i? If Sherwood is able to get us to play fluid football on a regular basis using 4-3-3...i want him in the job next season regardless of what happens.

If he's anything like me then he'll feel glad that Sherwood has finally got it right, frustrated that it took him so long.

If he's anything like me then he'll feel glad that Sherwood has finally got it right, frustrated that it took him so long.

Do you want us to lose all our games as long as Sherwood is in charge?

Also, why do you think AVB didn't try a 4-3-3 formation in his stint here?

come on people, the stick for GB is over the top, we're supposed to play the ball not the man around here

it seems to me some may have enjoyed this win more so they could stick the boot into GB this morning more than they did for the 3 points

Do you want us to lose all our games as long as Sherwood is in charge?

Also, why do you think AVB didn't try a 4-3-3 formation in his stint here?

AVB played a formation that very simply transitions in and out of 4-3-3 (and a number of other formations) during a match. There's almost no difference between a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-3-3, especially when using inverted wingers. Look at the heat maps of the two and you'll see that.

AVB played a formation that very simply transitions in and out of 4-3-3 (and a number of other formations) during a match. There's almost no difference between a 4-2-3-1 and a 4-3-3, especially when using inverted wingers. Look at the heat maps of the two and you'll see that.

I genuinely feel there's a big difference (hell didn't AVB himself say there was a big difference?). We're not going to agree on this one (surprise surprise ;) though.

LOL screw you lot man, I love GB's posts' personally. Man the guy has a strong opinion and sticks to it, sure he rams it down our throat a lot, but you cannot fault his persistence. The man knows what he wants.

So the previous wins were nothing to do wit Sherwood's tactics?

Bringing back Ade was the biggest change Sherwood made when he took over and boy has it paid dividends, he's adjusted the team every game for what he thinks is right, I agree it hasn't been pretty but its been effective most of the time.

This is his 7th win in 10 matches in the EPL you can't argue against that points tally, enough to get 2nd last season with a 70% win ratio.

So the previous wins were nothing to do wit Sherwood's tactics?

Bringing back Ade was the biggest change Sherwood made when he took over and boy has it paid dividends, he's adjusted the team every game for what he thinks is right, I agree it hasn't been pretty but its been effective most of the time.

This is his 7th win in 10 matches in the EPL you can't argue against that points tally, enough to get 2nd last season with a 70% win ratio.

I don't think I'm the only one that thinks up until last night we've been winning without playing well. I don't think Sherwood's tactics deserved the wins we've got, neither do I think the application of many of our players deserved the wins we've got. I'd say we've had those wins despite what Sherwood's done (other than bringing Ade back and probably reminding him his City deal ends this summer).

He got it right last night though, but what's so frustrating is that it was so nearly right anyway - there was no need to break it then fix it (other than proving he's different to his predecessor).

It's still early days, only just starting to get close to his first choice line up. Get Verts and Kaboom up to speed at the back and The Beast back anchoring the midfield, then Tim will have the solid foundation for the attacking game he wants us to play. He's making do with a few that will be fringe players once everybody is fit.
He's not got everything right, but he's got a lot more right than wrong.
The fundamental change is the freedom he's giving the players to play.

Before people get carried away Saudi Sportswashing Machine were a huge influence themselves on the way the game panned out last night.

I don't think I'm the only one that thinks up until last night we've been winning without playing well. I don't think Sherwood's tactics deserved the wins we've got, neither do I think the application of many of our players deserved the wins we've got. I'd say we've had those wins despite what Sherwood's done (other than bringing Ade back and probably reminding him his City deal ends this summer).

He got it right last night though, but what's so frustrating is that it was so nearly right anyway - there was no need to break it then fix it (other than proving he's different to his predecessor).
really??? off the top of my head, we played well at Southampton, Swansea, Man Utd and home to Stoke, plus last night against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Scored goals, created chances, won the games

23 points out of 30?!?.... If that's Sherwood taking so long to finally get it right then I thoroughly look forward to us running away with the premiership next year under him!

Back