• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2016-17

He's a deep-lying or box-to-box CM, in that game he and Rossiter shared defensive duties rather than there being one dedicated holder.

I'm a big fan of Onomah, and I have high hopes for him. I was wondering if you think that long-term he could play with Winks in a double pivot, or if you think that would be too lightweight.

I'm a big fan of Onomah, and I have high hopes for him. I was wondering if you think that long-term he could play with Winks in a double pivot, or if you think that would be too lightweight.

I've been thinking about this too, although I don't think either of them have the defensive know how to do it together at this moment in time. Personally, I think we could use them like that, but only with a holding player behind them or an actual back 3.

In the game vs Italy, he gradually took control as the game went on. The whole physicallity thing is a joke though, he doesn't use it like some people in the younger age groups and doesn't have that nasty streak in him. I've been converted by Yoof though, I do think he has more of a future as a CM and not as one of the attacking 3. If he takes some lessons off of Dembele, he could shield the ball just as well in a couple of years time.

Luke McGee seems to be a big success in his loan to Peterborough. A few POTM awards and the local press are now reporting that Posh are in talks with us about a permanent transfer.
http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...nsfer-talks-have-started-with-spurs-1-7656535

Well, given that we signed Pau for some reason, and that we have Glover apparently also coming up through the ranks, this one might work for all involved if we can wrangle a good fee + sell-on clause.

Well, given that we signed Pau for some reason, and that we have Glover apparently also coming up through the ranks, this one might work for all involved if we can wrangle a good fee + sell-on clause.

Maybe that he's believed to have great potential?

Maybe that he's believed to have great potential?

Maybe, but the GK position's a bit of an iffy one in terms of bringing in players with 'potential', for me.They won't get much playing time if we've already got an established No.1, and if we lose an established No.1 like Lloris (who also happens to be our captain), our first thoughts will naturally go towards securing a like-for-like replacement. It's not like it is with outfield players, which is why the Pau signing somewhat baffles me. Especially given that he's still technically only here on a loan deal.

Maybe, but the GK position's a bit of an iffy one in terms of bringing in players with 'potential', for me.They won't get much playing time if we've already got an established No.1, and if we lose an established No.1 like Lloris (who also happens to be our captain), our first thoughts will naturally go towards securing a like-for-like replacement. It's not like it is with outfield players, which is why the Pau signing somewhat baffles me. Especially given that he's still technically only here on a loan deal.

Lloris's contract does mean that we aren't going to 'lose' him to a transfer. Just an injury - which is harder to forecast.
It could be that Pau's experience (for he has played first team football), initial ability shown but also his willingness to not play whilst developing his game have all meant that he's viewed as a longer-term number 2 option and possibly a Lloris replacement in three/four years.

Lloris's contract does mean that we aren't going to 'lose' him to a transfer. Just an injury - which is harder to forecast.
It could be that Pau's experience (for he has played first team football), initial ability shown but also his willingness to not play whilst developing his game have all meant that he's viewed as a longer-term number 2 option and possibly a Lloris replacement in three/four years.

Eh? If Lloris wants to go, we're probably going to have to (ultimately) let him go - his contract will have little to do with the matter.

I get your argument with respect to Pau, but I don't agree with it - for me, when Lloris goes for what will likely be a very big fee (for a GK), the pressure will be on the board and the manager to spend that on a GK of a similar profile and with similar ability - if Pau is still looked at as a 'prospect', I don't think anyone will really be comforted by suddenly relying on him as Hugo's replacement, especially if he doesn't play much between now and when Hugo goes.

Eh? If Lloris wants to go, we're probably going to have to (ultimately) let him go - his contract will have little to do with the matter.

I get your argument with respect to Pau, but I don't agree with it - for me, when Lloris goes for what will likely be a very big fee (for a GK), the pressure will be on the board and the manager to spend that on a GK of a similar profile and with similar ability - if Pau is still looked at as a 'prospect', I don't think anyone will really be comforted by suddenly relying on him as Hugo's replacement, especially if he doesn't play much between now and when Hugo goes.

If Lloris goes then we need to sign Pickford he looks very good.

Back