• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The youth players/on-loan thread 2015-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished 1-0 to ours. Goalmouth scramble early in a better 2nd half, the decisive touch supplied by the number 4, Christian Maghoma. One or two chances to extend the lead, including a one-on-one with the keeper for the number 17 couldn't be taken. Yellow cards shown to a couple of Spurs lads as BM's attempt to mount a late surge came to nought.

I wouldn't call it a goalmouth scramble. Georgiou did well to turn his man and flash the ball into the 6 yard box and Maghoma was just in the right place.

I am very hungover but in my quest to find a river for paris-roubis cycling I stumbled across something that looks like us playing a Japan under 19 side.

Lost 2-1 in the end, deserved win for them. It's a shame this tournament is on an international weekend as it means some of our better players are missing it.

The game against Fortuna Dusseldorf started ten minutes ago. Our line up:

McDermott; Mukena, Dinzeyi, Walkes. Tsaroulla; Duncan, Stylianides; Tracey, Roles, Bennetts; Loft.

Reading tonight that Edwards scored another two goals for the England U18's against the ROI.

Setting aside his ability, can anyone comment on whether he has the attitude, work rate and application which Poch absolutely requires?

I see photos of Shayon Harrison training with the first team on the OS.
For those who follow the youth/development players, what are the thoughts on next steps for him? Is he likely to follow Onomah's route straight to the first team squad or is a loan move more likely?

Great to see these young players being involved.

I see photos of Shayon Harrison training with the first team on the OS.
For those who follow the youth/development players, what are the thoughts on next steps for him? Is he likely to follow Onomah's route straight to the first team squad or is a loan move more likely?

Great to see these young players being involved.

He's been training with the 1st team for a while now so Poch obviously sees something he likes, I've personally never considered him to be on the same level as the likes of Onomah, KWP or CCV but I guess our lack of strikers has opened up a door for him. You'd think that we'll sign one in the summer though so I'd be surprised if he were involved much next season, I think a loan is more likely. That said, Marcus Rashford was never seen as being a big time prospect, just a decent one and he's taken to first team football well with Man Utd so you never know.

Thanks very much Yoof

On a more general note, before I started reading this board I had no knowledge of - or tbh interest in - what went on outside of the first team. But reading insights from the likes of yourself, Cochise and others has made me take more notice of our youth and development players, and has me looking out for those on loan.
So thanks from me for the time you take to post your views and knowledge - very informative and much appreciated!

I don't know about my insights :)
I'm just a fan who is very proud of what we as a club are doing.

Like you, I've become more interested in the youth sides since reading the forums. I try to watch the games that are streamed and catchup on the highlights on the official site. I like seeing us promote talented youngsters ahead of going out on shopping spree's, it's something we should be proud of. In a way the prospect of the Champions League is a bad thing as I can't see us giving time to players like Onomah and Winks in midweek.

I don't know about my insights :)
I'm just a fan who is very proud of what we as a club are doing.

Like you, I've become more interested in the youth sides since reading the forums. I try to watch the games that are streamed and catchup on the highlights on the official site. I like seeing us promote talented youngsters ahead of going out on shopping spree's, it's something we should be proud of. In a way the prospect of the Champions League is a bad thing as I can't see us giving time to players like Onomah and Winks in midweek.

Or it could mean they get more exposure through LC and FAC games. Whether that will be enough for them is another question. But Poch does seem to place high value in bringing through youth and I can't see him changing from that philosophy too much. I hope not as it's certainly a good time to be a promising young player at this club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back