• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

My view is more about game time

- Winks until last year never had a season where he played as many games as Skipp's loan spell season with Norwich, and no surprise Winks has looked back to his best with Leicester
- Skipp has steadily seemed "worse" since returning because he just doesn't get consistent game time

This is the next piece the club needs to sort, it's great to buy/develop all these promising youngsters but either you need to loan them back (Udogie, Bergvall, etc.) or if after first year they aren't getting consistent game time, they have to go on a loan where they will be played.

Skipp would be better off moving if he wants to get regular gametime, I think both could be solid PL players if played regularly. It's going to be hard getting the youngsters gametime if we keep stacking them, there's already a bunch of youngsters from the last batch who haven't really gotten gametime like Parrott etc. Also I don't think Ange is as interested in playing youngsters as Poch.

Skipp would be better off moving if he wants to get regular gametime, I think both could be solid PL players if played regularly. It's going to be hard getting the youngsters gametime if we keep stacking them, there's already a bunch of youngsters from the last batch who haven't really gotten gametime like Parrott etc. Also I don't think Ange is as interested in playing youngsters as Poch.

We need club trained. Only devine, scarlet, skipp, parrott and one of the gks qualify at the moment. We'll need 4 if we want a full squad for europe.

We need club trained. Only devine, scarlet, skipp, parrott and one of the gks qualify at the moment. We'll need 4 if we want a full squad for europe.

Having less players in the European squad vs having a full quota with a couple of extra club trained players who are unlikely to play shouldn't really dictate our squad building plans imo

Presumably the young players like Moore can be played in Europe without being named, due to their age? If so we'll still have numbers to call on

Do we lack Desire? :)

(Can't see if happening unless we shift Solomon since Werner's loan extension has been confirmed)
We're not going to pass on an exceptional talent when we could either simply cancel Werners loan, or shift him to come Richarlisons cover in the centre.

I think Doue can play right or ACM too

Having less players in the European squad vs having a full quota with a couple of extra club trained players who are unlikely to play shouldn't really dictate our squad building plans imo

Presumably the young players like Moore can be played in Europe without being named, due to their age? If so we'll still have numbers to call on
Agreed that having a full European squad isn't the worst thing. But wouldn't want to end up with players in the squad that can't be registered for Europe.

"A player may be registered on List B if he is born on, or after, 1 January 2002 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA – or for a total of three consecutive years with a maximum of one loan period to a club from the same association for a period not longer than one year. Players aged 16 may be submitted if they have been registered with the club for the previous two years without interruption."

So Moore would be eligible for the B list. Bergvall won't. Any new U21 signing won't. Gray wouldn't either, but would be on the association trained part of the A list.

Ah yes, the good old player liking a post ITK - It must be as good as done, 'Here we go' is going to appear any minute now :D

In all seriousness, if this is the case then the player I think is at risk in the not too distant future is Kulu. Ange would have known well before the season ended his idea of which wingers he wants to use, yet he has still chosen to re-sign Werner and apparently Doue is wanted too. Johnson is a certainty, whilst he can improve his style is exactly the type of winger Ange likes and we have invested big money in him. Werner and Doue also are more of the 'flying winger' type and to me Kulu just looks to be the odd one out even if to his credit he works extremely hard. It can be quite painful watching him out wide, he has his qualities but just isn't that type of wing forward and I could see by the start of next season he is replaced by one of our HG young talents and sold for decent money....

Also, chances are we'd play a senior player out of position, rather than HG 'filler'.

We're not going to pass on an exceptional talent when we could either simply cancel Werners loan, or shift him to come Richarlisons cover in the centre.

I think Doue can play right or ACM too
The club knew when renewing the Werner loan that we would have some HG issues. Still the first deal we made and fairly quickly. I think that should tell us as fans that he was someone Ange really wanted to keep.

Doue is young, way too early to say that he can only play this role or that role. Won't stop us I agree.

Ah yes, the good old player liking a post ITK - It must be as good as done, 'Here we go' is going to appear any minute now :D

In all seriousness, if this is the case then the player I think is at risk in the not too distant future is Kulu. Ange would have known well before the season ended his idea of which wingers he wants to use, yet he has still chosen to re-sign Werner and apparently Doue is wanted too. Johnson is a certainty, whilst he can improve his style is exactly the type of winger Ange likes and we have invested big money in him. Werner and Doue also are more of the 'flying winger' type and to me Kulu just looks to be the odd one out even if to his credit he works extremely hard. It can be quite painful watching him out wide, he has his qualities but just isn't that type of wing forward and I could see by the start of next season he is replaced by one of our HG young talents and sold for decent money....
Still an asset as a squad player, particularly as a backup for Maddison, but I have to agree. He and Son never looked like Ange-type wingers.

I imagine we might shift him next summer or possibly sooner depending on how the rest of our business goes.

As said many wouldn't be eligible. Phillips, lankshear, gray, begville etc... Also i'd prefer if some got good loans to get regular match experience.

I'm not against not having a full 25 for europe though.

But it's up to the coaching team.

Back