• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

With Werner and Son already here, do we need another LW?

Unless Son is going to play as a striker...
Son is not effective as a left winger anymore, he doesn't have the pace out wide and doesn't have the skills. He had about one good game there last season, at home to Saudi Sportswashing Machine.....

Hope we see some links to a striker soon.

Think it’s an area that needs addressing.
Richi is not good enough and don’t think Son looks good enough when he plays there either.

I don't see a lot of obvious upgrades at CF that warrant spending big fees on tbh - asides from the likes of Isak I'm not sure we could be certain of upgrading on the goals that Son & Richy can get when playing CF. Spending 50m + you'd want to be confident of an improvement, the names linked are punts

I don't see a lot of obvious upgrades at CF that warrant spending big fees on tbh - asides from the likes of Isak I'm not sure we could be certain of upgrading on the goals that Son & Richy can get when playing CF. Spending 50m + you'd want to be confident of an improvement, the names linked are punts

The question then is, who are we spending it on? who/where is the "bigger" signing

- Defense doesn't look like a lot of changes, Sess gone, Royal likely out, Gray can cover that side, VDV can cover LB side (talk of Davies moving on seems to have quietened?), may be one more in here?
- Midfield, PEH & Lo Celso out, a fit Bentancur, Sarr, Bissouma, Maddison plus Bergvall & Gray, Gallagher talk seems done, questions re Skipp
- Attackers, Son, Richi, Johnson, Deki, Werner, questions re Solomon

Is Eze our big spend? who else outside of another smart pickup here or there?

Hope to see more minutes for Scarlett possibly this season. Parrot maybe because if we are not going to buy we need to look to our younger players.

I think you are pretty spot on regards what’s out there to be brought unless it’s huge fees and wages.

I fear Son’s better days are now past and Richi is just not good enough.

We do look a little light in that department.Hence my hoping to see some links to strikers.

Isak and Osimhen are the two worth dropping big cash on if we could get deals happening. The rest seem Richarlison's level or lower.

Only read his wikipedia but sounds like he has serious potential

One of the very few actual solid sources around. Obviously just "firm interest" being reported, but still.

If we could get him as well the level of young talent at the club would be getting to a really good level. The kind of profile we should be looking for as well. Hope we get him done too and then start going for a couple of players with a bit more experience as well.

Back