• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Stats Thread

efvz.jpg

This stat compares our results against other teams results in the same fixtures. i.e. we beat Everton and Arsenal only drew against them which means we are +2. Likewise we lost at home to Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Swansea City beat them so we are -3 to Swansea.

Teams are list in order of who we have the most favorable points advantage over. The number in brackets shows how many points we have gained against that team in head-to-head. This in not included for the first sum.

1. West Ham +22pts (-3)
2. Stoke C +18 (+3)
3. WBA +17 (0)
4. Swansea +14 (+6)
5. Sunderland +12 (+3)
6. Norwich C +11 (+3)
7. Fulham +11 (+3)
8. Hull C +8 (+3)
9. Crystal Pal +6 (+6)
10. Cardiff C +6 (+3)
11. Aston Villa +5 (+3)
12. Arsenal +4 (-3)
13. So'ton +4 (+3)
14. Saudi Sportswashing Machine +4 (-3)
15. Emirates Marketing Project +3 (-6)
16. Man Utd +1 (+3)
17. Everton -3 (+3)
18. Liverpool -4 (-3)
19. Chelsea -15 (0)

The most striking figures there have to be that we have scored more points than Emirates Marketing Project in our corresponding fixtures - they dropped points at Cardiff, Villa, Sunderland and So'ton where we got maximum points from.

Also we are 4 points better off than Arsenal which backs up my theory that apart from beating Liverpool at home they've not recorded any particularly impressive results this year that you wouldn't have expected. However, they will be ahead of us if they gain more than the 1 point we recorded at home to West Ham, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and WBA. Also, if they win against Man U and we drop points at Saudi Sportswashing Machine this midweek as you'd probably expect that would also balance the stats out.

I did a similar comparison of the Top 7 back on 1st of January, good to see that we have outdone ARSEnal, Liverpool and ManU in the corresponding fixtures since then plus remain 3pts better off than City and Everton thanks to their poor away form.

Chelsea have raced ahead of us courtesy of their recent wins against ManC, ManU, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Hull though.

ARSEnalChelseaEvertonLiverpoolMan_CityMan_Utd
Relative Pts / Goal Diff(= / -13)(-1 / -8 )(-3 / -12)(-7 / -15)(+3 / -15)(= / -6 )
http://www.glory-glory.co.uk/showth...-to-beat-to-it?p=490029&viewfull=1#post490029

The last time we bettered our away record at this stage of the season we went on to win the Double ... :lol:

!960-61: P13 - W11 D0 L2

2013-14: P13 - W9 D2 L2

Of course, we were about ten points (old money) clear by then, and still in the FA CUP. Oh well there's always the Europa ... :-k

If we were to lose all six of our remaining away games, this will still be the 2nd best away season we've ever had in the Premier League (5 points behind last season).

We've already taken more points on the road this season than we did in the entire 03/04 and 00/01 seasons put together.

I remember the days when 50 points was about average for what we'd finish on for the entire season. I mean, we failed to get that many over the season in 96-97, 97-98, 98-99, 00-01, 03-04 and 07-08 (one third of the 18 Premier League seasons with 38 games). Here we are on that figure after just 26 games.

It's also the first time in Premier League history, that after 26 games, we're still within 7 points of top spot.

What an awful season we're having.

Great stats.

Would be interested to see Eriksen's goals and assists tally since he started his current run of form. Has to be one of the best in the PL - if not THE best over the period?

13 assists is crazy, who was the last person to get that many assists for us?

Bale got 14 assists in 2012, 10 in the league and 4 in the Cups. Berbatov had 15 assists in 2007 and 13 in 2008.

Hope Eriksen will get more in the remaining 3 matches. In any case, Eriksen deserves more credit as this is his first season in England and he has just turned 22.

Last edited:
Bale got 14 assists in 2012, 10 in the league and 4 in the Cups. Berbatov had 15 assists in 2007 and 13 in 2008.

Hope Eriksen will get more in the remaining 3 matches. In any case, Eriksen deserves more credit as this is his first season in England and he has just turned 22.

Thanks.

Does anyone have comparisons for key passes?

Didn't think assists stats have been going all that long have they?

ESPN have assist stats going back to the 2001/02 season.

Eg: http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/7975/jermain-defoe?cc=5739

Thanks.

Does anyone have comparisons for key passes?

Here are the Spurs players who've reached double figures for key passes in in a league campaign since 2009/10 according to http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/30/. I don't know if KP stats for earlier than that season are available elsewhere.

Last edited:
ESPN have assist stats going back to the 2001/02 season.

Eg: http://espnfc.com/player/_/id/7975/jermain-defoe?cc=5739

Here are the Spurs players who've reached double figures for key passes in in a league campaign since 2009/10 according to http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/30/. I don't know if KP stats for earlier than that season are available elsewhere.

Thanks, very interesting to see.

I suspect that Eriksen on his current form for a whole season would be much nearer Bale but probably short of Modric.

Back