• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The race for 86 points

Next Saturday is so huge.

I think we would put paid the pool's chances of overtaking us with a win. Massive opportunity, and we rarely do well there.

We're in great form, they're in awful form. Will it count for anything at all?

I think we would put paid the pool's chances of overtaking us with a win. Massive opportunity, and we rarely do well there.

Nah. It seems Liverpool save their best form for the Top 6 battles, and uncannily no matter what form they are in, they seem to raise their game at Anfield when we come to town

None of the chasing pack will catch Chelsea now, it's obvious. IF we had beaten Sunderland then I might hold out some hope, but the gap is too big and they have the talent to brush aside the smaller teams with ease.

Arsenal are doomed because of their lack of central midfielders, I couldn't believe they lined up against Chelsea the way they did and Walcott and Oxlaide Chamberlain were both guilty of not doing their defensive duties for the first two goals. Liverpool look likely to shoot themselves in the foot when defending. Too many times I've seen their defenders fail to sort out situation's between themselves and almost get punished. Today they were.
We lack depth in the final third. Today Son and Kane missed good opportunities and could've cost us. Irrespective of Lamela being injured, we should've kept hold of Chadli. The guy at least knew how to score goals.
Emirates Marketing Project imo are going to have a revolution from here on out and I can see them finishing second. They will beat Chelsea and likely win 12 games out of their remaining 15 (you heard it here first).
UTD severely lack goals. If Ibrahimovic isn't turning it on for them then they struggle. They do have the Mourinho defensive setup, but I don't expect them to be in the mix come the end of the season. If they lose to Leicester and Everton catch them, then I would expect to see their heads drop a little bit.

14 games to go for the league. fixture congestion is going to play a big part soon... hopefully lamela, rose and verts can be back in about 7 games to give us a boost mid-way - they'd feel like high quality signings.

They have Arsenal after us, that could really kill them off.

They have been humiliated since the turn of the year, Chelsea should have beaten them last week.

Routine 3-0 Liverpool win then!

Where can I find a line chart of points, "game week by game week"? So I can look at LAST year and see how we were 5th and 4th and 3rd and 2nd but never really in position to go first... and it was the other teams like the Goons who were right up there and fell away?

Nah. It seems Liverpool save their best form for the Top 6 battles, and uncannily no matter what form they are in, they seem to raise their game at Anfield when we come to town

Having been to several games at Anfield I believe the team was beaten before it got of the coach in the past, this is a different team. I'm sure Liverpool will be desperate and throw everything they can at us, at least the game will be covered by TV and the ref will have to behave and not just listen to the crowd.

Having been to several games at Anfield I believe the team was beaten before it got of the coach in the past, this is a different team. I'm sure Liverpool will be desperate and throw everything they can at us, at least the game will be covered by TV and the ref will have to behave and not just listen to the crowd.

Good point, for many years the team and fans went up there with the headline " not won since the titanic went down" ringing in our ears. I will never forget ( after spending many years coming back from there with yet another defeat) the first time we broke that run, it took us three days to get home :D

Where can I find a line chart of points, "game week by game week"? So I can look at LAST year and see how we were 5th and 4th and 3rd and 2nd but never really in position to go first... and it was the other teams like the Goons who were right up there and fell away?

After rounds 26-28 we were within 3 points of them. They lost to Arse, then went unbeaten rest of the season.

Title_Race.png

We are doing well arent we? I can't remember a time when i've supported Spurs when we had only 2 defeats at this point in the season.
However, it's hard to work out whether we are running at full capacity given that two games a week is about to start in the next 10 days or whether we are just saving our energy and strength and just warming up.

Our chance conversion and especially our pass decisions in the final third seem poor and i (as usual) fear that the double training sessions are starting to take their toll late on in a season again for Poch. I guess we'll see next week, when we play a side i DEFINITELY think are suffering from that (just without much defensive training/strategy).

Then again, looking at some of Chelski's decisions re final ball yesterday vs Arsenal, perhaps i'm overworrying...(hope so!)

We are doing well arent we? I can't remember a time when i've supported Spurs when we had only 2 defeats at this point in the season.
However, it's hard to work out whether we are running at full capacity given that two games a week is about to start in the next 10 days or whether we are just saving our energy and strength and just warming up.

Our chance conversion and especially our pass decisions in the final third seem poor and i (as usual) fear that the double training sessions are starting to take their toll late on in a season again for Poch. I guess we'll see next week, when we play a side i DEFINITELY think are suffering from that (just without much defensive training/strategy).

Then again, looking at some of Chelski's decisions re final ball yesterday vs Arsenal, perhaps i'm overworrying...(hope so!)

From what I've heard we adapt the sessions now well in advance of the games we have and is it double sessions or do we now do the longer ones as standard and sometimes do less

The only twunt who ever comments about double sessions is the unemployed Dutch fitness coach

From what I've heard we adapt the sessions now well in advance of the games we have and is it double sessions or do we now do the longer ones as standard and sometimes do less

The only twunt who ever comments about double sessions is the unemployed Dutch fitness coach

Ah, sounds interesting. Can you elaborate more? I like the idea of methods evolving

Ah, sounds interesting. Can you elaborate more? I like the idea of methods evolving

Only from what players have said...

Wimmer commented the other month that we have been playing 3 at the back in training for a month before we played it vs Watford (before Chelsea)

Rose made comments that the hard sessions are now "standard"

The players also play 7 a side a lot now to work on shape

There has been a lot of snippets around the training side but nothing singular

Only from what players have said...

Wimmer commented the other month that we have been playing 3 at the back in training for a month before we played it vs Watford (before Chelsea)

Rose made comments that the hard sessions are now "standard"

The players also play 7 a side a lot now to work on shape

There has been a lot of snippets around the training side but nothing singular

Hmmm, now Rose's comment has got me scared again...:eek:

Back