• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2024/25 Premier League Thread

All I can think of is, as it was the subjective part of offside ie interfering, they gave the onfield ref the deciding look (ie multiple angles) and decision.

Luckily he backed his own original decision (which is rare once asked)
From what they showed on camera, looked like he only saw it from the angle which suggested there was no interference - but whatever, I’ll take it if it p isses Arsenal off. :)

I don't think the last one there by Sanchez is a pen - but since the discussion is there now - if you challenge for the ball, and you take the ball first, but in the next moment of the action, you plow down your opponent - what decides whether it's a foul or not? Is it all about being on the ball first?

Caicedo just won the ball in midfield and also took the man. Free kick against him.
Not that I really give a brick.

I don't think the last one there by Sanchez is a pen - but since the discussion is there now - if you challenge for the ball, and you take the ball first, but in the next moment of the action, you plow down your opponent - what decides whether it's a foul or not? Is it all about being on the ball first?
The precedent was set for Romero last season, IMO.

It's also about force, direction and angle and if it's potentially dangerous etc. Lots of factors. But in this instance, there wasn't any of that to consider. It was front to front, and Sanchez was down on his knees, so it became a matter of who got there first. The Liverpool player knows he'll get cleaned out regardless.

Great that Liverpool won (sorry @Baleforce ). Next Sunday Arsenal have a big match at home vs Liverpool knowing they need to win otherwise they are at least 4 points off the top (maybe even more if City beat Southampton at home the day before. Love to see how that pressure is dealt with if they don't have Saka or Odegaard as well as Saliba in that game too.

Let's see them Pulis their way out of that one haha.

Imagine the wailing if they lose that one? My extra-sized popcorn is fukking ready!

Great that Liverpool won (sorry @Baleforce ). Next Sunday Arsenal have a big match at home vs Liverpool knowing they need to win otherwise they are at least 4 points off the top (maybe even more if City beat Southampton at home the day before. Love to see how that pressure is dealt with if they don't have Saka or Odegaard as well as Saliba in that game too.

Let's see them Pulis their way out of that one haha.

Imagine the wailing if they lose that one? My extra-sized popcorn is fukking ready!
I think they can’t fathom that the reds they keep on getting are because they are trying the dark arts all the time

However, i don't think Liverpool were amazing or anything. If Arsenal had their full team i think they might actually give Liverpool a bit of a pasting tbh. Slot has them more cautious/measured in their play compared to Klopp's 'heavy metal' and i think for good reason tbh...

Back