• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2024/25 Premier League Thread

Expecting to finish 5th again and a challenge for 4th. Hopefully, we win the Europa Cup ! For Son and Romero!

Hoping to see :
- more direct football and shots from outside the box
- youngsters get extended minutes to stake their claims
- more effective rotation and full use of subs

Only 10 days to go until it's back again!

Starting this off with a bit of a bombshell, if Manchester United getting special treatment can be called a bombshell...

Anyway, this is quite remarkable, and I suspect other clubs will be asking questions!

As i said in the other thread. They haven't been let off yet. The financial reports are handed over to the prem in december. Decision made in jan. Utd though have to produce quarterly reports because they are on the new york stock exchange.

I'll be happy if we could. Be better at defending counters and corners. Move the ball quicker from defence to attack.

If we can improve on those things we should finish higher up the table and maybe win a trophy.

Charity Shield is as exciting as ever. Currently 55 minutes I'm not getting back.
Never understood why anyone besides the fans of the teams playing bother watching a friendly.
That 'trophy' is as important as our J-League world challenge trophy. Actually that is more significant, as it's an international trophy.

Mason Mount just got subbed, and I didn't know he'd been playing for the last hour. What happened to that guy. Waster.
What happened? Nothing. Never been anything else than bang average. Had a purple patch, and United fell for it (as usual)

Never understood why anyone besides the fans of the teams playing bother watching a friendly.
The alternative was doing housework for my wife.
The match was OK but pretty boring, flashes of brilliance, quite a lot of meh.
Going to penalties now to ensure a winner.
Am just sat about waiting for my beloved Spurs to come on Spurs Play.

I'm looking at that Arse team from last year, and I do recognize that they played well, I just don't get why they did. Who exactly makes them so good? I look at their players and they're mostly nothing special. Saliba, Saka and Ødegaard are the standouts, possibly Rice, but who else are playing that well for them? Jesus and Havertz can't hit a barn door to save their lives. Ben White? Raya? I don't get it.

I'm looking at that Arse team from last year, and I do recognize that they played well, I just don't get why they did. Who exactly makes them so good? I look at their players and they're mostly nothing special. Saliba, Saka and Ødegaard are the standouts, possibly Rice, but who else are playing that well for them? Jesus and Havertz can't hit a barn door to save their lives. Ben White? Raya? I don't get it.
It's mostly about will and desire, in addition to a well drilled system. They just go for it. They have gotten many penalties just by really going for a 50-50, getting a toe on the ball and getting fouled, in similar situations were I've seen our players make a half assed challenge and instead concede a FK.
It also helps when you don't get a single injury all season.

Back