• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Can anyone explain to me how Darwin Nunez having his hair in pigtails is acceptable?

Just when I thought he couldn’t look any more ridiculous.

He’s a dipper clam, so deserves constant ridicule, but in this specific case, freedom of expression, all power to him.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1701784620

We play less but get more injuries. I don't think it's just quantity of games.

Mate of mine works for an international cricket side and he thinks the injuries come from players overloaded away from games. Quicker recovery means quicker to work which would be no replacement for actual rest. Increased use of supplements designed to push the bodies harder and further for longer in a game that's now more intense.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1701784620

We play less but get more injuries. I don't think it's just quantity of games.

Mate of mine works for an international cricket side and he thinks the injuries come from players overloaded away from games. Quicker recovery means quicker to work which would be no replacement for actual rest. Increased use of supplements designed to push the bodies harder and further for longer in a game that's now more intense.

Maybe. How many are contact injuries though? Bentancur, maddison were. Vdv possibly due to a var break then sprinting cold.

Clubs will have people trying to work it out, as it's their jobs.

It definitely needs to be looked at. What is the point of spending £100m on a player and £300k a week if they are out injured half the time? Not good for anyone.
Yeh def

Probably a level of shortermism to some of it, managers pushing players knowing they might not be there long enough for the fall out, International teams doing the same knowing they are not their players, maybe heightened by a lack of consistent medical care from club to international.

Talk of independent body coming in to check on care of players because of some of it and TBH I think it's a great idea.

Maybe. How many are contact injuries though? Bentancur, maddison were. Vdv possibly due to a var break then sprinting cold.

Clubs will have people trying to work it out, as it's their jobs.
Add in that Ange ball is very intense - an intensity most of these players won't have been used to, and it's often a fine margin between a movement that's brilliant athleticism and an injury.

Arsenal just put out the same 10 or 11 EVERY single game! How are they not picking up any injuries!?!?

Do you think Kompany will eventually get sacked if they keep this up all season? Or do you think they will keep him around knowing that he tinkled the Championship last season?

Back