• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

I'm assuming you grow all of your food, diet is dictated by harvest, playing cards are made from rock, music someone singing acapella, medicine is purely herbal, the dog is a pure bred etc

No but I didn't try to start a foolish debate about what is technology, civilisation has evolved by steps which generally improve its situation, now we are forced to use technology to improve profit, the people with power always use it for their benefit, do you enjoy trying to reach a major company and speak to a person about a problem with their service or product or the frequent email and telephone calls we recieve trying to con us? I'm and old fart and like to speak to people to resolve problems and was disgusted when I went in to my bank last week and heard an assistant tell and 86 year old woman she would have to use an atm or bank on line in future as the branch was closing, is that a better world technology has for us?

What a block from Murillo, looks a proper footballer and is just 21, could be one to look at as we're in the market for a left footed CB. Not seen how pacy he is but the guy looks good on the ball.

Forest really struggling to create, can see why Cooper is under pressure..

What a block from Murillo, looks a proper footballer and is just 21, could be one to look at as we're in the market for a left footed CB. Not seen how pacy he is but the guy looks good on the ball.

Anyone who starts Chris Wood should be under pressure. It's basically playing a man down and then to top it off, they don't cross the ball at him when given the chance. It's all he's good for.

So what is their plan? Surely Origi is the better option if you're going to try and intricately create goals. Bizarre.

Agree Murillo looks good. Sangare and Mangala in midfield look decent too.

Anyone who starts Chris Wood should be under pressure. It's basically playing a man down and then to top it off, they don't cross the ball at him when given the chance. It's all he's good for.

So what is their plan? Surely Origi is the better option if you're going to try and intricately create goals. Bizarre.

Agree Murillo looks good. Sangare and Mangala in midfield look decent too.

Mangala's been decent every time I've watched forest.

Might be fitness with Origi, possibly saving him for the last half hour.

Wood was a puzzling signing, seemed a fair bit of money and they aren't playing to his strengths. Awonyi had started to look good at this level.

Beto for Everton looks pony.

And that should have been a pen, Doucore had a fistful of Yates' shirt..

Reactions: jrh

You watch them play like Real madrid when we rock into town a week next Friday night

Livramento reminds me so much of a young Bale. Just blasting past people for fun. His recovery pace is unbelievable too

Livramento reminds me so much of a young Bale. Just blasting past people for fun. His recovery pace is unbelievable to

He looks the gonads, I wanted us to sign him when he got his big injury, would have made him affordable to us.

Reactions: jrh
VAR reflect our modern life, everything is new, improved, will enhance the users experience, mostly it's not and disappoints. Our expectations were that errors would be either reduced or corrected yet they seemed to have increased. I would agreed that the management of the system is the problem. We will never get consistency with referees as they all interpret the game differently, some let games flow, some get influenced by crowds others are just poor. Until they sort out the protocols and training of users no one will totally be happy with the system.
As with many things, it's not about the technology itself but how it's implemented and for what purpose. When VAR was introduced, I was all for it, as I believed it would be an extension of TV replays but for referees. But as it became just another tool for judgement errors, then what's the point? Yes it has made some things better, but it's used wildly inconsistently and it's bad for the flow. And I don't think it has made the results that much more fair over an entire season. I for one would like to see VAR used more to retrospectively punish blatant cheaters than for measuring toenails in offside situations.

That being said, it's made worse than it is by incompetent and biased commentators on TV, you know those who proclaims that cheating is a part of the modern game and to cheat is to be smart. Yes it is, and so is doping. I don't know how intrusive people who can go to games find VAR.

The commentators are irritating. They can't hide their bias and show a wonderful lack of creativity and knowledge. They seem to behave like they know all things. Very rare to find one I don't mentally tune out for my sanity.

Livramento reminds me so much of a young Bale. Just blasting past people for fun. His recovery pace is unbelievable too
If he stays fit he shouldn't have much problem replacing Shaw for England/ No more playing Tripper on the wrong side etc.

Gallagher off for two yellows. The 2nd yellow really was not too dissimilar to Cash’s 2nd last week in terms of severity. Feels like we’re falling on the wrong side of these 50/50 calls lately.
We've been kicked to pieces in numerous games this year and with little or no protection from the refs, seems to have happened after Liverpool and the offside call in our favour

Back