• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2023/24 Premier League Thread

Clinton Morrison takes some beating as a nomination for The World’s Worst Pundit. He makes Tactics Tim look knowledgeable.

Clinton Morrison takes some beating as a nomination for The World’s Worst Pundit. He makes Tactics Tim look knowledgeable.

He may be atrocious but there’s hyperbole and then there is this.

The clam put rSol in our best premier league x1 in the week. Not the most ridiculous call ordinarily but as a man who should understand our club that’s possibly the worst call anyones ever made.

He may be atrocious but there’s hyperbole and then there is this.

The clam put rSol in our best premier league x1 in the week. Not the most ridiculous call ordinarily but as a man who should understand our club that’s possibly the worst call anyones ever made.
I'm sure I read he supports Spurs

When the hell are they going to bin Merson?

I'm more against paying ex refs to shamelessly defend ridiculous decisions and the whole jobsworth approach - "Train them better with the process" whilst stating that the process was correctly followed and "Simple as, you can't change the law" as if rules of football aren't frequently changed.

Merson might not be in mensa but his frustration at how flimflam the excuses are is reasonable enough, even if not delicately put but its not like Mike Dean would listen anyway if it was.

fair play Mike Dean, the last thing we need in the process is more fudging footballers, like he says, they don't know the laws of the game half the time

the only worse people to involve in the process is the fans

more technology, fewer humans, and get rid of the idea that the on field ref is in control, they should just be the communication medium

He meant mid game. They can't invent new laws in the middle of the game.

But you can do what's actually right in the spirit of things, which is my point (and probably why I don't thrive in the corporate world!). The officials between them managed to circumvent the rule of offside by inadvertently ruling out a valid goal. It's not a "law" as such but if a real discussion was had outside of the melts in the VAR room bound by process something could have been done, it is entirely possible.

Back