• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

Sevilla - levante is brilliant, it's been all Sevilla, levante keeper has had a blinder and from 4 attempts levante have scored 3, Sevilla could have had 7 or 8 but are 3-2 down

Platini, brilliant player, **** administrator, this is madness,

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jan/25/michel-platini-euro-2016-qualification

France, despite qualifying as hosts, will play in a qualifying group.

Clueless. Stlll say the Final stages should only include 16 teams, especially when we are only talking about 50-odd countries entering.
With 24 being able to qualify and, as the article states, 10 countries like San Marino,etc; have no chance, England should be embarassed if they dont reach the finals. Good GHod even Wales might qualify now!

Expanding the Euros from 16 to 24 teams in the Finals will be the death of the tournament.

Complete and utter madness.

Really find it surprising that Chelsea sold one of their best players Mata to ManU. They don't need the money, so why sell to one of your traditional rivals for league title ? After all Mourinho is not someone stupid enough to help his rivals get strong. Unless he intends to join them as the manager ! Now I wonder if Mourinho will replace Moyes as the manager at ManU next season.

Last edited:
Really find it surprising that Chelsea sold one of their best players Mata to ManU. They don't need the money, so why sell to one of your traditional rivals for league title ? After all Mourinho is not someone stupid enough to help his rivals get strong. Unless he intends to join them as the manager ! Now I wonder if Mourinho will replace Moyes as the manager at ManU next season.

Actually they do, even though he wasn't one of their higher earners, £37 million comes in handy.

Actually they do, even though he wasn't one of their higher earners, £37 million comes in handy.

I am sure Chelsea will regret it if Mata goes on to make ManU strong again. ManU had always bought those important players to save them at many crucial part of their history during the PL era : Cantona, Keane, Carrick, Rooney, RVP etc. I will be very annoyed if Mata is to make ManU strong again.

Mata will be a fantastic player for Man Utd but it will need more than that to find a proper season long resurgence. The whole back line at United needs replacing and that most certainly can't be done until the summer.

Van Persie and Rooney are world class but haven't played enough together this season and are unlikely to really click until next season. Van Persie will be 31 and possibly will have another couple of seasons at elite level given the style of player he is. So it is a continual overhaul throughout the next couple of seasons really until Man Utd have rebuilt a side capable of challenging on all fronts.

Chelsea don't have that worry and only need to tinker here and there every window adding what they fancy, when they want to. They have made £15.5m on Mata after 2.5 years service and he can have an impact on a game by game basis against their potential challengers. It is a win-win for Chelsea if they weren't going to use him as often as he should be used.

It also does us a favour considering we have played Man U twice. Liverpool still have to go to OT whilst Arsenal and Everton play Man U at home. Man U also have other difficult fixtures that could hamper their own progress and help us with away games against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Southampton and Stoke as well as CL aspirations that should see them reach at least the quarters which gives them games well into March.

Platini, brilliant player, **** administrator, this is madness,

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jan/25/michel-platini-euro-2016-qualification

France, despite qualifying as hosts, will play in a qualifying group.

(Almost as per usual at this point), I don't understand what the big deal is.

So France will be drawn into groups, this will ensure that they get games as similar to the games other European teams play during the qualification as possible whilst not really influencing much of anything for most other teams.

Has been discussed in the past that the hosts are at a disadvantage because of the lack of competitive football in the buildup years to the tournaments. No perfect solutions available, but this seems perfectly reasonable.

As per usual though people get a gut negative reaction to most things done by UEFA or FIFA as illustrated by that article.

Yeah, at least it has been reported that they're fairly close to complying with FFP regulations, replacing Mata with Salah at a solid £25m-ish profit could be what they need to make sure they're in line.

maybe I've misread it, as I understand it France don't accumulate points but their opponents still will, what's to stop France going easy on another side to eliminate a potential threat in the group stage?

maybe I've misread it, as I understand it France don't accumulate points but their opponents still will, what's to stop France going easy on another side to eliminate a potential threat in the group stage?

I really doubt their opponents will accumulate points, that would be outright ridiculous as you say. I don't think UEFA are that incompetent...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25870855

Their addition to the group-stage draw will create nine pools of six teams, yet the games will be "centralised friendlies" with no points awarded.

ah missed that, not sure it was in the guardian article, then why bother listing them in the group, just stick then on the friendly schedule

Don't think it was in the guardian article. Certainly the media partakes in the negative gut reaction tendency towards UEFA/FIFA, if they don't outright drive those reactions, by their need to sensationalize and dramatize stories like this.

They're drawn in a group because that's the fair way to do it perhaps? People can present the groups however they please I would imagine.

Back