• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
For any of you tories out there here's what your leader was doing last night

20_chelsea_G8_r_1200_G0.jpg

good on them

ManU in 1999 was the most undeserved in CL history. Bayern completely dominated the match and led 1-0, hit the post 3 times but still lost it in injury time.

Maybe but over the whole of that season Manchester United were excellent in the Champions League. Two fantastic games against Barcelona in the group stage......fantastic wins over 2 legs against Juventus and Inter Milan with the former being the most dominant team in Europe at the time. Over the season they deserved it but got a spot of luck in the final.

Chelsea have rode their luck unbelievably against Napoli, Benfica, Barcelona and Bayern. Thats before even mentioning how they nearly got knocked out in the group stage. To say they are undeserving would be a little ungracious as they have won it so in some respects they have deserved it but they certainly haven't set the standard like Barcelona did in 2009/2011, like Real Madrid in 2000/2002, like Man U in 2008.

Looking at it, its that point that I think really hurts. They have had so much luck this season across all competitions, its just so hard to swallow that we could wait 100 years for that amount of luck spread out over a century yet they have experienced it all in one season. Anything that we get we really have to earn and go through the mill to earn it. If we saw that amount of luck go for us during a season then I think I would die of shock.

Just flicked on SSN for the 1st time today and my first image is of Terry carrying the cup through the airport, does this clown shoe have no shame

Obviously the one of him at a BNP/Neo-Nazi rally didn't make the cut...

or maybe 'cos that's the ONLY one that didn't need to be photo-shopped!

While Paercut is merging all the depressing, football died, Chelsea are ****s threads into one, can I point out that this particualr thread is now redundant.

As such, I'll be moving it into classics some time tonight.

We can start again in July when the friendlies kick-off (or June if Swansea make the EL 1st pretend knock-out qualifying round)

While Paercut is merging all the depressing, football died, Chelsea are ****s threads into one, can I point out that this particualr thread is now redundant.

As such, I'll be moving it into classics some time tonight.

We can start again in July when the friendlies kick-off (or June if Swansea make the EL 1st pretend knock-out qualifying round)

Football doesn't exist outside england?

Football doesn't exist outside england?

There is/will be a Euros thread.

The only leagues still playing this time of year are the Irish and Aussie. And I don't see a vast amount of interest in those.

We always start a fresh one at the start of the new season.

I'm sure everyone will be watching the Copa Del Rey on Friday.
No one seems to be paying any interest in the last day of Ligue 1 tonight though.
Montpellier have just gone a goal down.

I'm sure everyone will be watching the Copa Del Rey on Friday.
No one seems to be paying any interest in the last day of Ligue 1 tonight though.
Montpellier have just gone a goal down.

Ok, I still don't think the interest will be there, especially in light of what happened to us last night, but to prove a point, why not start a summer games thread? I just feel we need to leave this season behind now.

I will be starting the midweek/weekend games thread for 2012/13 and if anyone disagrees they can suck my big fat dingdong.

This is just as important, if not more important, than the OMT spurs thread as we will require other teams to slip up.

END.

Back