• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Chelsea are a fading power and Spurs are on the rise, but they can still turn in a good performance on any given match day and we have a few oldies in our ranks too don't forget. When the match is not going for them they do like to bully and cheat their way to victory which is not pretty but shows they still have a scumbag winning mentality of sorts.

Let's face it they are in the CL semi-finals which is an achievement, though they are hardly likely to beat Barca. The bookies have them at 10/3 to win it outright, down from 28-1 a few weeks ago.
I'd be disgusted if they won the CL. I want them to be humiliated by Barca and fall out of the CL places. I'd prefer Arsenal to take the last CL spot over them and saying that made me a little sick in my throat.

****s.

They've a much more ruthless mentality than Spurs and, Torres aside, they're probably more capable of clinical finishing, so they won't need so many chances. I think it'll be close, but I'm not too confident of getting past them Sunday week, tbh.

He scored 9 goals in 2002/03. 8 of them were penalties though!
He scored 6 goals in 2003/04. 3 of those were penalties.
The rest of his seasons are comparable to Modric's

Proved me pretty much wrong in my comparison with Pirlo there then, was unaware that the majority of his goals were penalties.

I think MarkySimmo is correct though, his technique is off the majority of the time when shooting and his passing hasn't actually been up to the standard you'd expect a world class deep lying playmaker to be in recent times imo.

I love all these player for player comparisons - we did that against the Arse right? was it 10 out of 11 from spurs team? yet we got hammered, anhialated and absoluted bummed without lube.

My concern is that Chelscum win the damn CL and we finish fourth. I think id just jump off a bridge.

Chelsea are a fading power and Spurs are on the rise, but they can still turn in a good performance on any given match day and we have a few oldies in our ranks too don't forget. When the match is not going for them they do like to bully and cheat their way to victory which is not pretty but shows they still have a scumbag winning mentality of sorts.

Let's face it they are in the CL semi-finals which is an achievement, though they are hardly likely to beat Barca. The bookies have them at 10/3 to win it outright, down from 28-1 a few weeks ago.
I'd be disgusted if they won the CL. I want them to be humiliated by Barca and fall out of the CL places. I'd prefer Arsenal to take the last CL spot over them and saying that made me a little sick in my throat.

****s.

I'd rather see Chelsea in the CL next year than the goons. Finishing 5th won't do their finances any damage at all, whereas Arsenal will only be one failed season away from massive financial problems.

:D

Mourinho: Chelsea have no chance

Thu, 05 Apr 09:16:00 2012

Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho has written off former club Chelsea's hopes of reaching the Champions League final, branding their semi-final opponents Barcelona as "super-favourites" to progress.

Mourinho saw his own side ease into the final four with an 8-2 aggregate victory over APOEL Nicosia, and they will now face final hosts Bayern Munich in the next round. But should Mourinho's side go through, the Portuguese does not expect to find his old team waiting in Munich.

Asked why he had told Telemadrid that Barcelona would advance, he said: "Because they are very good. Barcelona aren't the favourites, they are super-favourites."

He added: "Let me be honest, I don't think the final will be a Real Madrid/Chelsea final. It could be Bayern or Barcelona, I just don't think it will be Real Madrid v Chelsea and we know why."

The Spanish league leaders completed an 8-2 aggregate thrashing of APOEL that is unlikely to have taught Bayern very much that they did not already know about their next opponents.

Mourinho's men maintained their 100 per cent home record in the tournament this year with a 5-2 second leg win at the Bernabeu against the valiant but limited tournament surprise package.

Leading scorer Cristiano Ronaldo bagged a brace, including a swerving and dipping free kick, to take his season tally to 49.

Kaka curled in a sumptuous long-range effort, the busy Jose Callejon came off the bench to notch Madrid's fourth and Angel Di Maria continued to work his way back to full fitness after injury as he came on at the end to lob a fifth.

The La Liga leaders have scored 100 goals in their 30 league matches this season and in Europe have racked up 32 in 10 so far.

"The team are in good shape and we are well prepared for a difficult April," Mourinho said.

"Bayern is a very powerful opponent. It is a team I know well as it is almost the same side that I played when coach of Inter Milan in the Champions League final two years ago and they have great individual players.

"The players and myself are looking forward to what should be a great semi-final.

Having won 3-0 in Cyprus last week, and with a tough league clash at home to third-placed Valencia on Sunday, Mourinho was able to rotate some of his players though, as ever, Ronaldo started and finished.

"We wanted to build a team to win the game," Mourinho said. "Because I didn't think it was possible for APOEL to score four, we wanted to rest a few players and we attempted to balance things.

"We wanted to rest Marcelo and (Esteban) Granero so we substituted them and there might have been a few defensive errors towards the end, but I don't have any criticism, just positive words for a group that have reached this stage for two seasons in a row."

Conceding two goals at home to the unheralded Cypriots, a breakaway from Gustavo Manduca that made it 2-1 after 67 minutes and a penalty given away by Hamit Altintop near the end, was of no particular concern to Mourinho.

"I am not going to criticise anyone for the odd loss of concentration, because over the last two years this group of players have given their all," he said.

APOEL bow out with their heads held high after grabbing two surprise goals which were loudly hailed by their colourful and raucous group of travelling fans.

"The final result was fair. They were better than us but we leave satisfied," APOEL coach Ivan Jovanovic said.

"The important thing is the result was not terrible and we managed to score as well. There were lots of goals and the fans will have enjoyed it."

"It's been a great year for us. We were the only team left who started out on the 12th of July. It was our 16th match and we don't have a big squad. We worked hard to get here and we deserved it. The Bernabeu was a fitting place to end our run."

Mourinho gave them a glowing tribute. "Theirs is the biggest achievement in the Champions League this year. If Barcelona, Bayern or us go on to win, it won't be as big and achievement as theirs has been."

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/05042012/58/champions-league-mourinho-chelsea-chance.html

Us pipping Arsenal to 3rd and them finishing 4th and being excluded from the CL would be perfect payback for Lasagne gate. But I can't bare the thought of Chelsea winning the CL and having them ****s lording it as the first London club to win the competition.

I'd rather see Chelsea in the CL next year than the goons. Finishing 5th won't do their finances any damage at all, whereas Arsenal will only be one failed season away from massive financial problems.

Fair point. My level of disdain for City, Arsenal and Chelsea depends on who I've last seen play.

Because it doesn't suit the agenda since Silva is the better performer overall. Not by much however

Or because it's a worthless comparison? People of your ilk are determined to compare Modric to Silva when it's really VDV you should be comparing him to.

VDV plays off a frontman or as part of an attacking trio, like Silva. Modric plays in a central two, like Gareth Barry. Stick Silva in Luka's position in our team and see how he does.

Silva most certainly does not play as a second striker so I'm not sure what you mean

Luka spends most of his time in a similar position to Silva as I'm certain any heatmap would confirm

Do you actually watch us play? Let alone City ...

No point taking this any further, Modric and Silva are both little and both have shoulder length hair so they're the same player right. You're the guy that thinks Sandro was playing as a right winger last week so it's safe to say it's pointless me even debating here.

Do you actually watch us play? Let alone City ...

No point taking this any further, Modric and Silva are both little and both have shoulder length hair so they're the same player right. You're the guy that thinks Sandro was playing as a right winger last week so it's safe to say it's pointless me even debating here.

What a patronising post

No point going around in circles disagreeing with eachother. I'm happy with Modric, I'm not particularly fussed over what the stats say but Arcspace sees it differently, not really much else to say.

Back