• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Baines certainly has qualities Benny doesn't possess, but you could equally argue the other way. I think the primary job of a fullback is defence, so I prefer BAE, on balance, for his coolness under pressure. I just think he can be a bit too cool for his own good, sometimes.

...but hey, I remember when we had Justin Edinburgh at left-back, and no heart-in-mouth moment I've ever had from Beno?«t can even come close to that.

Gary Neville picking his back 5 in the team of the year so far

He went for Baines at LB

GG won't be happy

I've seen Baines maybe 4 times this season and he has been absolutely superb each time. I suspect he's a player like Ledley King - or perhaps BAE himself - who's true quality is only really known by home fans who see him every week. It's that quiet but unrelenting quality that I think Baines has. I definitely think he is due a step up - not sure who's looking for a LB though. Utd? I'd say he's good enough.

Ed: Evra's only 30. Sheesh, thought he was older than that. 32 or 33 I thought.

United's away record so far is 12-3-1. Pretty amazing. At home they're 12-1-2. Overall they're 2.45 ppg, which has them on course for 93 points!

+1

Does he ever save a shot from outside the area. The Young goal was a stunner, but poor positioning for Valencia's goal. Cost us so many goals the year during the 05/06 season alone.
He was brilliant in 05/06, after the world cup he became crap and was horrible in 06/07... I think it was the worst i've seen a player decline, and so quickly, maybe just Torres can compete with that kind of loss of form (though he's picking up lately).

He went for Baines at LB

GG won't be happy
am disappointed with that i wont lie. enrique is easily a better defender and quite possibly all round footballer than baines. only thing baines does better than him is cross and pass, but thats mainly due to a difference in formation.

and like BAE , enrqiue tends to get left to do the defending on his own quite a bit, not as much as BAE but often you see enrique defend by himself.

baines has two players help him out at times but most often just one other guy, and somehow he's getting the nod

mad.

He went for Baines at LB

GG won't be happy

Every time I've watched Baines this season (around 9 full games and numerous extended highlights) he has been nothing short of very good to great

Excquisite delivery, pace, relentless work-rate, and a great passing range. Should be England's starting LB in the summer.

Last edited:
Dont agree with the title being wrapped up by that game. Did anyone think Man U wouldnt beat Blackburn?

Could have basically said the title was Utds when City drew in that case.

Bye Bye bricky! Delighted to see the gap increase to 5 points. Obviously want them to keep it interesting in both races by beating or drawing with Arsenal but after that I hope they collapse monumentally.

Eventhough the title is 99% lost - they should go to The Emirates for nothing less than a win and absolutely smash those cnuts.

Premier League Combined Goals & Assists Table 2011-12 MD 31

Premier League Combined Goals & Assists Table 2011-12 Updated after Matchday 31...

312.png

Altogether, 319 different players have scored or assisted (or both) during the season so far.

Premier League Combined Goals & Assists Season 2011-12

It's interesting that Spurs could well have four different players on double figures for Premier League goals by the end of the season.

As it stands, we have...

Emmanuel Adebayor 13
Gareth Bale 10
Jermain Defoe 9
Rafael van der Vaart 9

...the last time Spurs had four players on double figures for Top Flight goals came during season 1964-65 (42 matches played)...

Jimmy Greaves 29
Cliff Jones 13
Alan Gilzean 11
Frank Saul 11

Every time I've watched Baines this season (around 9 full games and numerous extended highlights) he has been nothing short of very good to great

Excquisite delivery, pace, relentless work-rate, and a great passing range. Should be England's starting LB in the summer.

baines is not an international quality LB. cole starts every time

Maybe we should let Gary neville know that Baines is not a LB, but a goal scoring, forward, attacking defensive playmaker.

Back