• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Inbetween Transfer Windows Rumour Thread

They've mostly spent the big bucks on players that they see as main stars. Carvalho, Torres, Drogba, Ramires, David Luiz etc.

They did sign Damien Duff for £17m though

Chelsea brought SWP for 21m? As in Shaun Wright Phillips?

wow fudgein hell. Dont remember it bein that high. I thought it was a few quid like 5.

They've mostly spent the big bucks on players that they see as main stars. Carvalho, Torres, Drogba, Ramires, David Luiz etc.

They did sign Damien Duff for £17m though

Duff was brilliant for Chelsea, and i think it was only that high as they had to hit a release clause

Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas hasn't considered making a new bid for Willian

By Graeme Bailey - Tweet me: @skygraemebailey. Last Updated: October 24, 2012 2:04pm

Spurs tried and failed with a bid for the Shakhtar Donetsk forward in the summer, but their interest in him has not waned.

Earlier this week Willian revealed that Villas-Boas was in constant contact with him via text messages, but the Portuguese insists he has not thought about making a renewed bid.

"He is an extremely good player, but we have to respect what we are doing and the talent we have in our squad and to be fair to you I have not thought about January," he told Sky Sports.

"We have scouts all over the world gathering information but we have not studied January as we have so many players coming back from injury and I think they will be the main players coming in."

"It can be a little unsettling but I think it goes on a lot in football when another team is after a player, they always find ways to get messages through and that is football and I don't read too much into that."

Palmer believes that Willian will remain with Shakhtar during January, but admits continued good performances - like the one on Tuesday which saw them defeat European champions Chelsea 2-1 - could lead to interest.

"For us to continue to progress we need to hold onto our best players through the January window and I suspect we will but if we perform well in the Champions League we are bound to attract interest," he added.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...asn-t-considered-making-a-new-bid-for-Willian

Chelsea will make a sensational £48 million January move for Atletico Madrid star Radamel Falcao, Goal.com has learned.

Roman Abramovich, the Chelsea owner, has decided to activate the €60m (£48.1m) release clause in the Colombian’s contract as he looks to land one of the hottest strikers in the world.

Emirates Marketing Project are also interested in Falcao but the Premier League champions fear the 26-year-old is destined for a switch to Stamford Bridge in the New Year, with some suggesting that he has already agreed personal terms with the Londoners.

Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo wants a leading striker in the next transfer window, with Fernando Torres currently the only out-and-out forward in the first-team squad.

Falcao, who has already scored 12 goals in eight Atletico Madrid appearances this season, fits the bill as a natural goalscorer to combine with the likes of Eden Hazard, Juan Mata and Oscar as Chelsea target Premier League glory this term.

Atletico are desperate to keep Falcao but will have no option if a club activates the buyout clause for a player who cost £34.7m when he joined from Porto in 2011.

The deal will be complicated by third-party ownership issues - with super agent Jorge Mendes part of a consortium holding an interest in Falcao - but Chelsea have started work early to ensure the move goes through smoothly.

City could yet rival Chelsea for Falcao’s signature but first need to offload one of their four main strikers - Sergio Aguero, Carlos Tevez, Edin Dzeko and Mario Balotelli - meaning the Blues are hot favourites to land the former River Plate man.

Falcao scored 36 goals in his first season in the Spanish capital, firing them to victory in the Europa League before further catching the eye with a stunning hat-trick in Atletico’s 4-1 win against Chelsea in the European Super Cup in August.

The Blues spent more than £70m in the summer to bring in Hazard, Oscar, Victor Moses, Marko Marin and Cesar Apilicueta - but Abramovich is ready to make the money available to sign Falcao and remains confident that the club will meet Uefa’s Financial Fair Play regulations.

Falcao’s arrival would again raise questions over the long-term future of £50m Fernando Torres, who has scored four goals in eight Premier League appearances so far this season

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/10/26/3479168/chelsea-set-for-48m-falcao-swoop-in-january

You hear these numbers being banded about and it makes you tinkle yourself still that Liverpool paid £35million for andy carroll

Back