• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

I think most Spurs fans knew we had no chance for the title ( even if Redknapp did), and Rose is not to blame for our failure to finish third. However he is never going to be a good FB in the prem and the manager has to take some blame for playing him there.

Hang on, so what SHOULD a Manager do?

I've heard Redknapp being slaughtered for not giving youth enough of a chance, or having old pro's as back up instead of young hungry players.

Ekotto gets injured, in comes a youngish player to replace him (and before anyone comments, I think it IS pretty obvious that Rose's best position is full back and not on the wing) and Redknapp is an idiot for having a young player as a back up?

Jesus, he really can't win :|

Hang on, so what SHOULD a Manager do?

I've heard Redknapp being slaughtered for not giving youth enough of a chance, or having old pro's as back up instead of young hungry players.

Ekotto gets injured, in comes a youngish player to replace him (and before anyone comments, I think it IS pretty obvious that Rose's best position is full back and not on the wing) and Redknapp is an idiot for having a young player as a back up?

Jesus, he really can't win :|

Well it obvious to me that he is a better wide player then a full back, and i would have no problem with Redknapp playing him in the position he is best at. He could have played Gallas, if he had kept Bassong or Corluka ( who have all played LB before) but no he decided to play a player who is a natural attacking player.

As i have said i do not blame Rose in any way for his performances or the sending off ( many fans did) he was/is not a FB;

Well it obvious to me that he is a better wide player then a full back, and i would have no problem with Redknapp playing him in the position he is best at. He could have played Gallas, if he had kept Bassong or Corluka ( who have all played LB before) but no he decided to play a player who is a natural attacking player.

As i have said i do not blame Rose in any way for his performances or the sending off ( many fans did) he was/is not a FB;

Well we'll have to agree to disagree on Rose. The boy needs to stop diving into tackles, that's for sure but there is little doubt in my mind that he won't cut it as a winger.

Rose is a better winger than left back. End of as far as I'm concerned. He let the club down with his red against Villa though and hopefully this has been made clear to him by management.

Rose is a better winger than left back. End of as far as I'm concerned. He let the club down with his red against Villa though and hopefully this has been made clear to him by management.

If his delivery as a winger is as bad as his delivery as a left back, then he's not going to be a particularly good winger until he solves it.

His crossing is crap.

If his delivery as a winger is as bad as his delivery as a left back, then he's not going to be a particularly good winger until he solves it.

His crossing is crap.

That's being kind. He also isn't very fast, or that good at dribbling. The boy is brave though, and he is fearless in the tackle. A little TOO fearless and too aggressive.

His crossing is poor agreed but that can and should be worked on - he works with Gareth Bale ffs!!! I don't think tackling is a strong point of his so can't agree he should be utilised in defence.

Classic Bantah

Ive been having classic bantz with the arsenal folks on twitter. Has anyone else got some brick comments they think are so brick they deserve a mention? Piers has already been up there with 'mindtheevenbiggergap'. Well done Piers, thought of that all by yourself did you?? Bantz

also just in "welcome to 'we always finish below arsenal' team avb". i mean why even bother typing it? its not even a coherant point! BANTZ

Robin Bant Persie is smashing it UP

As I said in another thread, the last few years have been so shocking for their supporters that they are now clinging to the "forever in their shadow" line as some desperate trophy they can parade. They can no longer look to threaten in the title race or the CL as even the most hardened Arsenal fan knows that their board and manager dont have that drive and ambition to win when finishing 3rd or 4th still pays so well. You can sense their fear in any of these comments that they know we are close and with a good start and a bit of luck can go one better next year.

As I said in another thread, the last few years have been so shocking for their supporters that they are now clinging to the "forever in their shadow" line as some desperate trophy they can parade. They can no longer look to threaten in the title race or the CL as even the most hardened Arsenal fan knows that their board and manager dont have that drive and ambition to win when finishing 3rd or 4th still pays so well. You can sense their fear in any of these comments that they know we are close and with a good start and a bit of luck can go one better next year.

After last season, I'll believe we can finish above them when we actually do it!

Agreed that their fans are ****s. That forever in our shadow line is getting tedious, it's as if the phrase was drilled into them when they were all kids!

One on my Facebook doesn't stop talking about us. I mean every single status. They are getting deluded themselves.

I think this brick deserves its own thread, rather than getting lost in a sea of Jenas' next club posts

Back