• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Love how people are claiming Arsenal could be title challengers this season due to one big transfer they didn't need. Just as deluded as Arsenal fans.

Love how people are claiming Arsenal could be title challengers this season due to one big transfer they didn't need. Just as deluded as Arsenal fans.

Form at the end of last season, top of the league atm, only lost to Villa because they were down to 10 men.

Top of the league, but have a lot of injuries. Got as good a chance as any

I don't see that they're worth the hype. They lost against Villa, they were lucky against Sunderland (the Altidore disallowed equaliser) and they had less possession than us, when we were looking disjointed ourselves. And to think that this is a team that's not in transition.

I fully expect them to contend strongly for a top 4 place but they won't be anywhere near a title challenge this season.

Form at the end of last season, top of the league atm, only lost to Villa because they were down to 10 men.

Top of the league, but have a lot of injuries. Got as good a chance as any

25 minutes left, a goal down. Yeah, foregone conclusion that they would have scored if they didn't get a man sent off...

They've bounced back impressively since then and obviously added a top class player in Ozil, but they still have plenty of weaknesses and problems.

That's just being ignorant.

Their powderpuff midfield didn't look out of its depth against us.

Arsenal have a way of playing which generates so many chances

When arteta and podolski are back they'll have added depth and experience

United will probably bore their way to another league win but arsenal look a serious outfit again

Not at all. Arsenal have had much better teams than they do now - ones that would laugh at the idea of Walcott an Wheelchair being starters. Those teams couldn't get near Utd either so this one has no chance.

And their midfield couldn't get the ball from us, neither could they get through us. They just put everyone behind the ball and hit it over the midfield on the break.

Podolski can only worsen their attack and whilst Arteta is twice the player Flamini is, he'll only make their midfield more lightweight.

They have a lot of injuries at the moment too.

Think Koscielny would have stopped that Altidore goal anyway. He slowed down when he heard the whistle

They have a lot of injuries at the moment too.

Think Koscielny would have stopped that Altidore goal anyway. He slowed down when he heard the whistle

I don't believe they have any more first teamers missing than we do. Probably no more than most teams and certainly no more than we've averaged over the last few years.

And there's no way fivehead would have got to that ball - Lennon would have struggled.

Doesn't matter anyway.

We will both finish top four and neither of us will win the league.

No point denying they're set to go up a few levels now they've paid the stadium off and have appeal again now ozil is there. They'll get some like like Reus.

We are on upward trajectory too.

Arsenals last 18 matches:

WWWWWDWDWWWLWWWWWW

They are really reaping the benefits of a settled squad that is very familiar with their style of play; Ozil fits them like a glove too. Regardless of talent, just about everyone else this season except maybe Liverpool has to contend with new managers or styles or a ton of new players (us).

I don't care how they do, I just hope we settle in quickly and not have to rebuild yet again.

Back