• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Sorry guys, I apologize.

It was meant to be a joke. Maybe I am not good at jokes.

However, I cant understand all the brick that has been thrown around.

PEACE [-o<

You did nothing wrong at all, mate. A little bit of banter is exactly what having a rivalry with another club is all about. You seem to understand that better than some others. Keep it up!

You probably need to work on your routine a bit if you plan to make a career in stand up, though. ;)

Arsenal fans can't have it both ways, they can't say that our history means nothing as its exactly that - in the past, then dismiss the fact that we were the last N. London team to win a trophy because their past trophy haul is a lot better.

Fact is that we won a trophy more recently than they have and actually the actual fact that both our clubs are now competing on a fairly even front must be absolutely gutting for them given that although we have improved, a lot of it has to do with a massive downgrade in quality of their squad over the past 7-8 years.

They've won more trophies than us and many more league titles, fine.

But for such a huge club (one of the biggest in the world as they claim), their number of European trophies is embarrassing. Even we have won more European trophies than them. They've only ever come close once to winning the CL, and when do they ever get a difficult group in the CL? My uncle even said to me that they have been in more European finals than any other English club. Not even sure if it's true, but even if it is, losing so many is nothing to be proud of.

We could go into administration, demoted to the Rymans Premier League and have Stephane Dalmat as our manager. And I would STILL laugh at Woolwich.

They've won more trophies than us and many more league titles, fine.

But for such a huge club (one of the biggest in the world as they claim), their number of European trophies is embarrassing. Even we have won more European trophies than them. They've only ever come close once to winning the CL, and when do they ever get a difficult group in the CL? My uncle even said to me that they have been in more European finals than any other English club. Not even sure if it's true, but even if it is, losing so many is nothing to be proud of.

Is your uncle a gooner?!!

Liverpool have been in far more European finals than Arsenal. Probably getting on for twice as many.

What probably is true is that, of the English teams ever to have won a European trophy, Arsenal have lost a greater proportion of the finals that they've contested.

Interesting dilemma for Arsenal fans.

If we beat Emirates Marketing Project and United seal the title this weekend then Arsenal will be required to do the traditional guard of honour and applaud them (obviously including RVP) onto the Emirates pitch.

Alternatively if it’s delayed until next week then it looks like Man Utd could seal the title at Emirates. Not sure what scenario would be worse for Arsenal fans?

Option 2, please (with Utd failing to beat Villa this weekend)

pay back for '02 and the thought of Utd having something to play for in that game

Is your uncle a gooner?!!

Liverpool have been in far more European finals than Arsenal. Probably getting on for twice as many.

What probably is true is that, of the English teams ever to have won a European trophy, Arsenal have lost a greater proportion of the finals that they've contested.

Yes he's a gooner.

"The physicality of the English game is one of the attractions of it and a strength," said Wenger.

"Sometimes I watch foreign games and after 20 minutes am bored because every time someone goes down it's a foul, and you say: 'Come on. It's not football'."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22212276

Pot, Kettle? The Arsenal - Everton game had Arsenal player throwing themselves to the ground all over the pitch.

Interesting dilemma for Arsenal fans.

If we beat Emirates Marketing Project and United seal the title this weekend then Arsenal will be required to do the traditional guard of honour and applaud them (obviously including RVP) onto the Emirates pitch.

Alternatively if it’s delayed until next week then it looks like Man Utd could seal the title at Emirates. Not sure what scenario would be worse for Arsenal fans?

I don't give two hoots about how Gooners 'feel'. I would prefer Manure to go there to have to win to get the title.

A nice RVP hat-trick plus kneeslide in front of Wenger would be perfect. 'We won the league, at Ars-en-al'...

hmm, manyoo could go to the death star next week with nothing to play for :(

even when we win, we cause problems for ourselves!

Back