• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Ax2VYrfCMAAHN9k.jpg

Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong has been warned about his future conduct after tweeting an anti-Semitic slur at a Tottenham Hotspur fan.

The 20-year-old, who is currently recovering from a knee injury, posted a message on his official Twitter account which said: "If you going church today Pray For me Giving today A Miss."

A Spurs fan then replied to Frimpong saying "I prayed you break your arms and legs." The midfielder then retweeted this with the response "> Scum Yid" - a derogatory term for a Jewish person.

We use it as a term of endearment, whereas others use it in a derogatory manner. Much like use of the N word.

I would have had to see the context he used it in but still to me it seems quite hypocritical and I don't think its the same as the n word because many Spurs fans who aren't Jewish (including myself) toss the word around freely

Edit: After seeing the context clearly he is using it as an insult fudge him punsihment deserved

Last edited:
I would have had to see the context he used it in but still to me it seems quite hypocritical and I don't think its the same as the n word because many Spurs fans who aren't Jewish (including myself) toss the word around freely

Edit: After seeing the context clearly he is using it as an insult fudge him punsihment deserved

haha your edit made me laugh!!

The context is key and the scum bit makes it clear that it was an insult. And the insult contained a racial/ethnic/religious reference. Those were the two charges Suarez was found guilty of. The insult and racial reference were separate charges.

This is going to open a can of worms and its not good for us. If its reported correctly and the rules don't only apply on the pitch, then the FA will find it hard not to find him guilty. It is an insult and there is a reference to religion/ethnicity, even if the context indicates that it's not an anti-Semitic insult.

If he is found guilty then there will be a lot more pressure on our use of yid. If he is not found guilty there will be people like Baddiel blaming our use for Frimpong's behaviour. Either way it could be a problem for us.

It's all a bit of a joke really. Anti-semitic is gonads. It's no different to Andros Townsend calling someone Gooner scum.

Last edited:
What the Spurs fan said was out of order also. Whole thing has been blown up way too much..

Yeah but after letting terry off when he was so obviously using a racist insult they have to pick someone they aren't really bothered about to punish to remind people that they are 'tough on racism!'

We use it as a term of endearment, whereas others use it in a derogatory manner. Much like use of the N word.

Yeah, but like someone said, if I started calling myself a N*****, when I have no stake in the oppression of black people at all, I'd rightly be told to fudge off.

Calling yourself a Yid to share in the fight against the persecution of jews in this country would be good in a sort of 'I am Sparticus' way at a demonstration or something (probably in the 1930s), but to use it in an argument between two football teams as some sort of badge of honour when you have no experience of the persecution yourself, just cheapens the legitimate struggle and encourages idiots to say racist things imo.

Having said that, saying 'Yid Army' is different to saying 'Yid scum' and Frimpong deserves everything he gets.

Yeah but after letting terry off when he was so obviously using a racist insult they have to pick someone they aren't really bothered about to punish to remind people that they are 'tough on racism!'

Have the FA actually let him off? I was under the impression they could still charge him regardless of the court verdict.

Have the FA actually let him off? I was under the impression they could still charge him regardless of the court verdict.

They need proof dont they? (hehehe, i cant get over the irony)
but seriously if the courts have let him off what will the FA have that can make him guilty ?

Back