• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

He had a short period when writing for goal.com where he got some stuff right, but it's been slim pickings last couple of years.

That would leave us with 8 AMs for 3 positions - too many. We probably need to sell Pritchard too to bring in an AM

Yeah - if Chadli does go I can't see us adding an AM, it will just be to promote Pritchard and Onomah

"We need to improve our squad -- this is very clear," the Spurs manager told a news conference. "Me, our supporters, our players, our squad -- we are all agreed that we need to improve.

"It's a different level to play in Champions League. To play in the Champions League, the Premier League and in the cups, it's important to have a very good balance. We need to improve our squad.

"This is our challenge -- to reduce the gap. The Champions League demands a lot of energy, more than the Europa League. It's a very different competition. For that, we need to ensure we have a strong squad to compete in every competition."

The problem is that you would currently only really ever be comfortable in picking 4 of those 8 players as your starting attacking mdfielders in league games against the better opposition or in any of the CL games (3 from Eriksen, Ali, Lamela and Son).

Exactly this. We have 4 players good enough for those 3 roles behind Kane, with Chadli being a different sort of player who doesn't seem to fit the style. Ideally we want more than 1 player as the cover for the attacking midfielders before falling back on Pritchard and Onomah.

I agree, we need more quality in CM as back up to Lamela, Eriksen and Alli. then Mason etc.

Exactly. Poch has worked brilliantly with what we have. He has eeked out the best from them and collectively has us playing greater than the sum of our parts. This has taken us higher than even we thought possible.

However at the very top (ie top 3 prem, last 4 CL) you are going to need top quality to break into and cement your place amongst the elite. They dont have to be expensive (payet, mahrez etc) and there may well be someone already in our ranks (dele, pritch?). But its equally likely you'll have to pay for the ready made player.

Poch is clearly stating just this. He knows the players, has assessed them all season and realises if we are to push-on, better is needed. Luckily for us this isn't the typical 'they need 3-4 top players to really challenge', Poch is a master at identifying cheap/homegrown players that want to listen and learn and will fulfill the more 'robotic' rolls within his system. Rolls where 80-90% of their play can be defined and predicted before walking out on the pitch. That saves us money, so if a £35M attacking player is perfect for us, i believe we can do that. We dont need a massive influx.

It's the stardust he needs (hard working stardust!), who can win the match with something special, pass or goal. Bale.Suarez (ajax),Griesman (sociedad).

Will Hughes, he's been considered a great talent for years now. Why hasn't he been picked up yet by a Premiership club? I know he was injured most of this season, but even so.
Also, would he not be a good signing for us? Energetic midfielder with excellent skills?

Will Hughes, he's been considered a great talent for years now. Why hasn't he been picked up yet by a Premiership club? I know he was injured most of this season, but even so.
Also, would he not be a good signing for us? Energetic midfielder with excellent skills?
8 months with an ACL - only just back. Gotta see how he comes back, that injury can be recurring.
Might get a summer move somewhere like Southampton or Sunderland or Everton

"We need to improve our squad -- this is very clear," the Spurs manager told a news conference. "Me, our supporters, our players, our squad -- we are all agreed that we need to improve.

"It's a different level to play in Champions League. To play in the Champions League, the Premier League and in the cups, it's important to have a very good balance. We need to improve our squad.

"This is our challenge -- to reduce the gap. The Champions League demands a lot of energy, more than the Europa League. It's a very different competition. For that, we need to ensure we have a strong squad to compete in every competition."

Nothing in there about an attacking midfielder though...

I like Pritchard and I really hope he has a successful career at Spurs, but I would still expect us to sign even more quality

If Pritch is behind Eriksen, Alli, Lamela, Son, Clinton a new signing and potentially Onomah and a new striker in the pecking order how is he supposed to be successful?

I think it's a fair observation that if we bring in another AM we expect to compete with the current first choice 3 of Eriksen, Alli and Lamela we probably should sell Pritchard.

Back