• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

I'd be very surprised if Mason is sold to Bournemouth; more likely he'll have an operation to finally rid him of his injury that he's been having injections for.
He sacrificed having the operation mid-season putting himself out of contention for the Euro in the process (yes remember he was on the fringes of the squad by the end of last season) and if he's sold it would be in very poor taste from the point of view of him putting the team's run-in ahead of rectifying himself earlier.
When the operation happens we can pour scorn on any exit rumours officially..

I'd be very surprised if Mason is sold to Bournemouth; more likely he'll have an operation to finally rid him of his injury that he's been having injections for.
He sacrificed having the operation mid-season putting himself out of contention for the Euro in the process (yes remember he was on the fringes of the squad by the end of last season) and if he's sold it would be in very poor taste from the point of view of him putting the team's run-in ahead of rectifying himself earlier.
When the operation happens we can pour scorn on any exit rumours officially..

I cant see him getting game time for a start. Sadly he has not stepped up to the plated in Dembele absence.

Any legs in this one, or more agent talk?

Transfermarkt shows him as playing DM in addition to CB. Replacement for Fazio/rotation for Dier?

Hmmm...6ft 6! Danish as well...i wonder if that's the main reason we're being linked due to being a country teammate of Eriksen.
I'd be surprised if we were so susceptible from crosses and set-pieces if he was with us.
Fazio was that height but poor on the round so....

I cant see him getting game time for a start. Sadly he has not stepped up to the plated in Dembele absence.

He has been playing with injections so needs to be judged as such. I suspect he'll be much better after the operation, but yes stepping into Dembele's shoes will difficult regardless. Depends on the system: he kept out Dembele for large parts of last season and played well in the 2/3 games before he was injured vs Sunderland imo.
Time will tell...plenty of games next season as well!

With concerns over the ability of Chadli, Onomah and Mason, Carroll out of contract, Son probably playing in the Olympics and starting the season late, and Dembele suspended for the first 4 games of the season we could have a bumpy start to the season if we are not careful.

I want some proven quality in the summer, maybe 4-5 players.

Just imagine if we had lost Dembele and Alli for a month during the season :eek:

Exactly''' things happen..and then what? were cut short!
in fact we did have injuries and had to rely on Carrol and Mason.
Mason not at his best because of surgery!?

Maybe we simply do not have the money or will to move forward.

More than anything I want us to bring a Real star player back into the Team.

You Know! the kind of player that gets you out of your seat.
Gaza..Ginola..

We have to get Bale and Modric back..........................
or ...any idea's???????????????????????????

Exactly''' things happen..and then what? were cut short!
in fact we did have injuries and had to rely on Carrol and Mason.
Mason not at his best because of surgery!?

Maybe we simply do not have the money or will to move forward.

More than anything I want us to bring a Real star player back into the Team.

You Know! the kind of player that gets you out of your seat.
Gaza..Ginola..

We have to get Bale and Modric back..........................
or ...any idea's???????????????????????????
IF we are going to bring in a star then it has to be one of the Bale type, who plays for the team and not himself. Ginola would be a disaster in this team as having just one single player not prepared to put their shift in terms of pressing, renders the whole press useless.

I would also argue that Alli is a player that gets you out of your seat. I think the occasions on which he does so are only likely to increase as he moves closer to his peak.

IF we are going to bring in a star then it has to be one of the Bale type, who plays for the team and not himself. Ginola would be a disaster in this team as having just one single player not prepared to put their shift in terms of pressing, renders the whole press useless.

I would also argue that Alli is a player that gets you out of your seat. I think the occasions on which he does so are only likely to increase as he moves closer to his peak.

Took the words out of my mouth!

As a cheap (although one would assume not in terms of wages) gettable player to come in and provide cover/competition for Dier's place in the team what about Roman Neustadter from Schalke?

6ft2", 28 years old, decent level of experience (including having played for a couple of years in the CL), no history of injuries, predominantly a holding midfielder but has played most of this season as a centre back and is on a bosman this summer. Got to be worth a look?

I agree with your point here, but I'm sure I remember you being an advocate of us signing Rodriquez just after he had recovered?

Rodriguez was in the last year of his contract and I thought might have been worth a punt for £4-5m. But when he signed an extension and the price quadrupled it was definitely not worth the risk.

I'm in the club myself. And although my reconstruction couldn't have gone any better, I completely appreciated the 'lost 5%' and have to adapt your game to cope with that thing. And I'm not a pacy forward, where it matters much more.

Back