• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The European Football Championship

Looking forward to the French think-pieces about how isolated Mbappe was and that Deschamps has no idea what his best team is after a less-than-convincing 1-0 win to start the tournament.

Looking forward to the French think-pieces about how isolated Mbappe was and that Deschamps has no idea what his best team is after a less-than-convincing 1-0 win to start the tournament.
I know Deshamps has won the WC but I think he's terrible for them and they very much do well in spite of him rather than due to his management. They have had the most outrageously gifted squad for the world for the last 10 or so years and he just never gets them playing to the level they should be capable of.

I honestly would have fired him after the WC win (probably before that if I'm honest😅) but it feels like they just keep him on because he does largely get results, even though they really should have at least one note Euros to their name if not two more based on squad depth and quality.

I know Deshamps has won the WC but I think he's terrible for them and they very much do well in spite of him rather than due to his management. They have had the most outrageously gifted squad for the world for the last 10 or so years and he just never gets them playing to the level they should be capable of.

I honestly would have fired him after the WC win (probably before that if I'm honest😅) but it feels like they just keep him on because he does largely get results, even though they really should have at least one note Euros to their name if not two more based on squad depth and quality.

Should have won it in 2016 when they were at home. They’re not great to watch despite all the top players they have. Also quite lucky at times. For example in 2018 I thought they were outplayed against Belgium in the semis. We were the better team when they beat us in 2022 also.

Last edited:
Back