• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Centre Forward thread

Our goals will come from a variety of positions, so CF to score goals is not a pressing need. What we are lacking is good hold up play and bringing others into the game. From the little I have seen of Lankshear he seems to do well at both. Whether he needs a year on loan (Champo not League 1) or he is ready to start featuring now only Ange knows. I hope it's the latter, but even if it's the former, we still don't need to rush and get a CF.
Agree. Either way, I see it far more likely we go for a young talented forward who can play across the front line like Johnson/Son/Werner can. Unless we go for Toney if the price is right....

He is huge
I was the youth cup game and I was shocked
Looks a big as any striker I’ve seen and he is still young

He's 6'2" - 1.89m for all you metric gnomes - and as we can see, developing a solid physique. With youth on his side. More than ready to take - and dish out - the physicality of the PL.

Our goals will come from a variety of positions, so CF to score goals is not a pressing need. What we are lacking is good hold up play and bringing others into the game. From the little I have seen of Lankshear he seems to do well at both. Whether he needs a year on loan (Champo not League 1) or he is ready to start featuring now only Ange knows. I hope it's the latter, but even if it's the former, we still don't need to rush and get a CF.

Excuse the pun, Ange’s CF is often a sacrificial player used for pressing and opening up space. deployed to create space for others by making runs, and fundamental to compressing and pressing opponents. For that you do need young fit forwards.

I should imagine we’ll keep Scarlet and Lankshear around. As subs, in cup games and crucially in training, they can establish themselves and take the next steps up in ability.

Last edited:
I think its the clearest need TBH. As much as they get panned BJ and Werner are getting alot of balls into right areas IMO, you watch alot of Celtic under Ange and its the areas he loves to attack with balls, but we have so much hit and miss success unless its one of them following up. We desperately need a CF who knows the job

If Richarlison is still injured, does that just not mean he's been a bit better than Veliz?

It means that we are seeing a player who is in the process of playing his way into the squad this season. I suspect the plan was to loan him until the last few weeks. I think he is fast-tracking himself, and showing that he can impact games in 20 minute spells. (I think he is better than Veliz, yes, but this hardly makes me a seer!)...

I wonder whether Duran from Aston Villa could be a left field option to sign for centre forward? £35m probably gets him and he would likely come to Spurs as cover/competition for Richy.

Back