• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Juniors/on-loan thread 2013/14

Footage from the U18 game vs Fulham

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D92U16u5Bdk#t=112

The patient build up play for both our goals was exactly how AVB is trying to have our senior team play, with the cross for the first goal coming from the full back and being finished by the right wing forward.
Liked the look of the small one in midfield (can't make out shirt number) who constantly picked it up and looked to carry it to the front (got the assisst for the 2nd goal i think).

Footage from the U18 game vs Fulham

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D92U16u5Bdk#t=112

The patient build up play for both our goals was exactly how AVB is trying to have our senior team play, with the cross for the first goal coming from the full back and being finished by the right wing forward.
Liked the look of the small one in midfield (can't make out shirt number) who constantly picked it up and looked to carry it to the front (got the assisst for the 2nd goal i think).

Dembele looked an absolute beast. That back heel for the assist was ridiculous, great awareness. Good penalty too.

Their first was a fine example of how to counter attack, no wonder they are joint top.
I might need to retract my comment on who did what for our first goal mind as I think our right back didn't even move into the final third (hmm).

That's William Miller (no.14), him and Harry Winks played one half each, both are England U18 internationals.

U18 Preview: Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur

John McDermott wants our Under-18s to put a winning end to a productive week as the lads head to Leicester City on Saturday lunchtime.

Academy Manager John was delighted with what he saw from an inter-age group training session this week, while also highlighting the importance of a presentation given by our former striker Garth Crooks at the Training Centre on Tuesday.

And ahead of Saturday’s noon kick-off at Leicester’s training ground, John is anticipating another good performance from the players as they seek to build on their eye-catching performance in last weekend’s draw against Fulham.

He said on Friday morning: “It’s been a good week in that we had a very lively training session on Wednesday with first years against second years – we made a games morning of it. It was very interesting that’s hopefully spiced things up for this week.

“We also had Garth Crooks in and I thought he gave an outstanding insight into being a professional footballer.

“We’re trying to tie the week up now as we go to Leicester. Traditionally they are a very, very tough side to play against. They have a style and they’re very good at playing that.

“We go there and I expect the lads to be able to adapt on the day. We’ll play our way, do our own thing and I’m sure Leicester will do the same. Then it’s a battle of who can impose their way upon the other and hopefully it will be us.

“We won’t go overnight – it’ll be a three-hour journey on the day and it’s about getting the players used to playing after that long trip. It’s about getting off the bus and performing hopefully as well as we did last week against Fulham.”

U18 Premier League HT: Tottenham Hotspur (Akindayini, Miller) 2-1 Arsenal (Jebb)

McGee

Walker-Peters Lesniak Carter-Vickers Ogilvie

Winks Onomah Sonupe

Miller Oduwa Akindayini

Subs: Priestley Pritchard Georgiou Harrison Walkes​

Last edited:
63 mins: Spurs 4-1 Arsenal U18s

William Miller with a low finish into the bottom corner after the Gunners fail to clear their lines

A brace from Will Miller, coupled with an own goal and a Cameron Carter-Vickers effort, saw the lads claim a deserved victory at the Training Centre – at the same time putting an end to a four-match winless run.

Prior to kick-off, Academy Manager John McDermott had called for the players to put aside any pre-match hype surrounding the North London derby and to focus on playing their game – and it was evident from the first whistle that the lads heeded that command.

Emmanuel Sonupe caused problems for the Gunners down the right in the opening stages, and it was the wide attacker who had our first glimpse of goal in the fourth minute. He latched onto Harry Winks’ pass and surged forward, but he lashed his effort over the top.

Two minutes later, Josh Onomah fed Sonupe again and he exchanged passes with Daniel Akindayini along the edge of the 18-yard box before whipping a dangerous low ball across the box from close to the byline. Gunners goalkeeper Matt Macey fumbled the ball but we were unable to take advantage and Arsenal got it clear.

Continuing our early pressure, we launched a route one attack in the eighth minute as Connor Ogilvie headed on Luke McGee’s goal kick into the path of Nathan Oduwa. He ferried the ball out to Sonupe on the right, with Miller testing keeper Macey with a rising shot after getting on the end of the resulting cross.

We were unlucky not to break the deadlock with a quarter of an hour gone, as Akindayini scooped the ball just over the bar as he surged into the box to meet Sonupe’s cross.

The visitors’ first real effort at goal arrived a minute later. After Daniel Crowley found himself crowded out on the edge of the box, he rolled the ball to Alex Iwobi. He found a gap in the congested penalty box and tried a shot, but McGee was equal to it.

Arsenal defender Arinse Uade made a fine covering tackle to deny Sonupe at the other end, while McGee saved at the feet of Renny Smith, before seeing Crowley’s long-range shot clear the bar by some distance.

Five minutes after Winks found the roof of the net with a 30-yard free-kick, we took the lead. Sonupe shrugged off the attentions of Gunners defender Alfred Mugabo and surged forward before rolling a through ball into the path of Akindayini, the presence of the attacker forcing an Arsenal defender to steer the ball into his own net with half an hour gone.

Five minutes later we doubled our lead as a quickly taken free-kick allowed Oduwa to roam forward and pick out Miller on the overlap, the midfielder finishing low beyond Macey with time and space at his disposal.

Despite being two goals down, the Gunners dug in and pulled one back six minutes before the interval. Jack Jebb rose highest in the box to head home unchallenged following Chiori Johnson’s right-sided cross.

We were quickly back into our stride as the second half got underway, and in the 50th minute we restored our two-goal lead as Cameron Carter-Vickers bundled home from close range after Onomah’s cross from the right squirmed beyond the Arsenal defenders at the near post.

Macey made a fine stop at close range to prevent Akindayini from bagging another goal, denying the centre-forward as he tried to divert Oduwa’s cross inside the far post on 55 minutes.

A speculative long-range effort from Stephy Mavididi proved comfortable for McGee, before we further extended our lead. Oduwa scooped the ball into the box from a central position and with the visitors unable to deal with it, Miller stole in and slotted low into the bottom corner of the net with 63 minutes on the watch.

We continued to look threatening down the right following the introduction of Anthony Georgiou and with 20 minutes remaining, the substitute launched a shot from an acute angle after being fed by Onomah, but it sailed over the bar.

Georgiou was on the ball again a minute later as he got down the wing and crossed for Oduwa, but the attacker saw his delicate effort hit the post before being cleared.

Within 60 seconds we almost extended our lead further, as Oduwa’s ball in from the left just ran beyond Shayon Harrison with the goal gaping.

Harrison and fellow substitute Joe Pritchard both went close late on as we forced a couple of corners and, despite the visitors pulling a goal back a minute into stoppage time when Jamal Raage found space on the right and finished low into the bottom corner, our young stars can be happy with three well-earned points.

Spurs: McGee, Walker-Peters, Ogilvie, Winks (Pritchard 60), Carter-Vickers, Lesniak, Sonupe (Georgiou 70), Onomah, Akindayini (Harrison 70), Miller, Oduwa. Subs not used: Walkes, Priestley (GK).

Christian Cheballos

Where is he? I remember seeing him play in the U21s last year and looking quite good and many people were talking him up. Where has he gone?

Christian Cheballos

Where is he? I remember seeing him play in the U21s last year and looking quite good and many people were talking him up. Where has he gone?

People tend to talk up most of our youngsters, regardless of actual ability. Playing well for the youths means **** all in the PL. That said, Jesse Lingard, who tore us a new one in the only U21 game I saw last season (ManU away), is doing really well in the Championship now. Sometimes you just have to throw them in the deep end and see what happens.

Christian Cheballos

From wiki:

Tottenham Hotspur U21

In the 2012-13 season, Cristian Ceballos played for Tottenham Hotspur's U21 side in the new Barclays U21 Premier League and scored a hat-trick against Southampton U21 In a 4-2 win for Tottenham.[12] Ceballos also netted a brace against Liverpool U21 in the Elite Group of the league on 1st April 2013.[13]
F.C. Arouca

On 2 September 2013, Cristian Ceballos joined newly promoted Portuguese First Division side Arouca on loan[14] and was given the number 11 shirt.[1] On 20 September 2013, Cristian Ceballos made his professional debut in the Portuguese First Division for Arouca;[15] coming on as a 63rd minute substitute in a 1-0 loss to Braga.[16]

He's wearing nr 11 for Arouca, make of that wht you will.... :-"

Back