• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tennis thread

It's not shameful, it's just a different point of view. Murray is a much better player than Tsonga, I'm not disputing that. I just think Tsonga plays a more exciting game. Federer and Nadal don't smile much on court, that's true. But at least they are not always shouting up to their boxes and swearing and generally acting like moody teenagers. Look, I know you like him, but I don't so don't try and say I'm in the wrong for having a different opinion to you.

+1.

He wouldn't openly admit it, but Murray must be even more fired up to win this as Nadal is out and think this year must be his best chance of potentially winning it.

Marray has got through in the Men's doubles - first UK finalist in the Men's double for 50 years or something.

Very under the radar media wise.

I do. You know my reverse bets fella!! Win win. And as a massive tennis fan I've been waiting for this.

Well done Andy Murray, wasnt sure if I'd ever see the day a bloke would make thw Wimbledon final.

Virginia Wade won in the Queen's Silver Jubilee, I just wonder...can he win the Mens in another Jubilee year????

I do. You know my reverse bets fella!! Win win. And as a massive tennis fan I've been waiting for this.

No matter what the casual sports fan thinks of him, I think the majority of proper tennis fans (me included) would love to see him win, even if it is at the expense of my favourite player Federer.

Really surprised how badly Djokovic played today. Federer was awesome, but Djokovic never really looked like winning except for the 2nd set.

I'm happy whoever wins. I'm a big Federer fan and would love him to take the record off Sampras as I think Federer is an infinitely better player. But I like Murray and would be very happy for him to win. He's very dry on the court but off the court he has a great sense of humor and deserves something.

Would be a great day for Scottish tennis if Murray can get up.

I think the final is 50/50. I don't think Murray has choked in previous finals, he has just been outplayed and has had to play at a level way above himself (and out of his comfort zone) to compete.

I'm actually thinking of the Wimbledon semi last year against Nadal where for a set and a bit he was absolutely inspired banging winners but then the wheels fell off when he started missing and he lost all his confidence. Not comfortable going on all out attack in the way Federer does (not even sure Federer is anymore).

Anyway, this time I think Federer is mentally still fragile, something has gone from him there, he doesn't hit winners with the same confidence and Djokovic was below par meaning that semi result is a little misleading. Murray has a great chance but I hope he doesn't take it (sorry Leedspurs) as I love Fed to bits.

Last edited:
What I really want to see is Federer beating Nadal in another slam final but I can't see that happening. He needs that to be considered the greatest ever in my opinion, because at the moment I think Nadal has the greatest mentality while Federer is clearly the greatest technician. Both make the player.

Back