• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tennis thread

Djokovic vs Federer is on at 1:00, that is going to be brilliant.

Tsonga/Murray is then at 3, which I think will be match of the tournament, certainly has the potential..

Aaaaah, great day of tennis ahead

Djokovic vs Federer is on at 1:00, that is going to be brilliant.

Tsonga/Murray is then at 3, which I think will be match of the tournament, certainly has the potential..

Aaaaah, great day of tennis ahead

Agreed. Up early, get work out the way, lunch on my lap for 1pm and potentially 8hrs? of magic tennis. I love the roof on days like tomorrow........its ON.......100% ON!!

Federer/Tsonga would be awesome. classic rematch of the quarter epic between them last year. I think the only way Tsonga can potentially win Wimbledon is by meeting Federer in the final.

Federer/Tsonga would be awesome. classic rematch of the quarter epic between them last year. I think the only way Tsonga can potentially win Wimbledon is by meeting Federer in the final.

http://www.tennis.com/livescores/head2head.aspx?id1=47591&id2=48648

Tsonga is great when he's on fire.

Usually too inconsistent though.............I think Murray will be too good for him as he usually is:

http://www.tennis.com/livescores/head2head.aspx?id1=48783&id2=48648

Shame on any slag wanting a Brit to lose.......they guy is a brilliant player, humble and we are lucky to have him.

You guys were probably cheering Italy last week against England....shameful.

There are a lot of players i like. The annoying thing is, when they meet i cannot wholeheartedly back one or teh other.

Tsonga i love, but do i want murray to do it for britain....... hmmmmm...

Sport is better when you really want one to win and the other to suffer.

http://www.tennis.com/livescores/head2head.aspx?id1=47591&id2=48648

Tsonga is great when he's on fire.

Usually too inconsistent though.............I think Murray will be too good for him as he usually is:

http://www.tennis.com/livescores/head2head.aspx?id1=48783&id2=48648

Shame on any slag wanting a Brit to lose.......they guy is a brilliant player, humble and we are lucky to have him.

You guys were probably cheering Italy last week against England....shameful.

I don't like Murray, and I don't care how great you think he is and what a top bloke he is, I always think he comes across as a stroppy, petulant taco (I'm talking about his on court demeanour). Tsonga plays with a smile on his face and is more entertaining to watch. I think Murray is the better player and will win, but I prefer Tsonga as a person and as a player. Even if Murray does win, I still won't be supporting him because Roger is my favourite player of all time, and I am also a huge fan of Djokovic, so I would prefer either of them to win it over Murray. Nationalities don't come into it with me when it comes to tennis. I don't care if Murray is British. I wouldn't like him if he was any other nationality so why should I support him just because he's British?

Head to head means nothing to me. It's a semi final match between two humans where anything can happen

I don't like Murray, and I don't care how great you think he is and what a top bloke he is, I always think he comes across as a stroppy, petulant taco (I'm talking about his on court demeanour). Tsonga plays with a smile on his face and is more entertaining to watch. I think Murray is the better player and will win, but I prefer Tsonga as a person and as a player. Even if Murray does win, I still won't be supporting him because Roger is my favourite player of all time, and I am also a huge fan of Djokovic, so I would prefer either of them to win it over Murray. Nationalities don't come into it with me when it comes to tennis. I don't care if Murray is British. I wouldn't like him if he was any other nationality so why should I support him just because he's British?

Shameful.

Murray plays better tennis than Tsonga and is far far far more talented, he will smash passing shots past Tsonga all afternoon to demonstrate this fact.

I fancy Murray in 4, Tsonga to start fast and take the 1st set as per usual.

For the record, I like JW as well, what's not to like. Also, Nadal and Federer both NEVER smile on the court, in fact they have permanent scowls and are sometimes overly aggresive and petulant........but you wouldn't admit to that i'm sure.

Head to head means nothing to me. It's a semi final match between two humans where anything can happen

Yes - head to heads mean nothing.

Even when they've played on the same surface at the same tournamants in the past.

Yep, nothing.

What a complete non-comment.

Yes - head to heads mean nothing.

Even when they've played on the same surface at the same tournamants in the past.

Yep, nothing.

What a complete non-comment.

it's like comparing head to head in football though surely and other sports ? ANYTHING can happen. It's a bit out there to look at head to head and think oh, because player a has won 5 times to in the 6 previous games, he's DEFINITELY going to win. If that was the case, they might as well not play the match.

Shameful.

Murray plays better tennis than Tsonga and is far far far more talented, he will smash passing shots past Tsonga all afternoon to demonstrate this fact.

I fancy Murray in 4, Tsonga to start fast and take the 1st set as per usual.

For the record, I like JW as well, what's not to like. Also, Nadal and Federer both NEVER smile on the court, in fact they have permanent scowls and are sometimes overly aggresive and petulant........but you wouldn't admit to that i'm sure.

It's not shameful, it's just a different point of view. Murray is a much better player than Tsonga, I'm not disputing that. I just think Tsonga plays a more exciting game. Federer and Nadal don't smile much on court, that's true. But at least they are not always shouting up to their boxes and swearing and generally acting like moody teenagers. Look, I know you like him, but I don't so don't try and say I'm in the wrong for having a different opinion to you.

it's like comparing head to head in football though surely and other sports ? ANYTHING can happen. It's a bit out there to look at head to head and think oh, because player a has won 5 times to in the 6 previous games, he's DEFINITELY going to win. If that was the case, they might as well not play the match.

I didn't say that. But form is everything. When we play Man Utd does our record against them count? You bet it does.

I didn't say that. But form is everything. When we play Man Utd does our record against them count? You bet it does.

I know you didn't but you seem adamant Murray will win because of the head to head record, you've posted twice now in the thread. I just want to see good tennis. If Murray goes through, brilliant. British player in the final, first ever Wimbledon final for him and I wish him luck. If Tsonga goes through, brilliant, his first ever Wimbledon final too and I have money on him.

I love how these two brilliant Tennis players just get on with it, first two sets have absolutely breezed by!

AN ENGLISH GAMBLER HAS DIED BUT HIS ROGER FEDERER WIMBLEDON BET LIVES ON

53 year old Nick Newlife walked into a William Hill betting parlor in 2003 and bet $2,400 that Roger Federer would win 7 Wimbledon titles at 66 to 1 odds. The potential payout? $157,000.

Federer, in case you don’t know, has 6 Wimbledon titles and will be going for his 7th this year. But here’s the thing: Nick Newlife passed away in 2009, sadly.

To his credit, Newlife had a will and left the William Hill betting ticket to Oxfam, an international charity focused on alleviating poverty. So now, Oxfam has $157,000 riding on Roger Federer’s at Wimbledon.

Federer is the third most likely player to win Wimbledon this year, according to oddsmakers. Novak Djokovic is the favorite at +170, Rafael Nadal is second at +265 and Federer is +495.

The question that crossed our minds: should Oxfam hedge the Federer future? Then we laughed at the thought of a charity making Wimbledon future bets to hedge a gift. The good news is Oxfam (Great Britain) has annual income of approximately $470M so this potential $157,000 isn’t a make-or-break deal.

But if you needed another reason to pull for Roger Federer, a good guy and class act by all accounts, to win Wimbledon, Nick Newlife provided it.

It's not shameful, it's just a different point of view. Murray is a much better player than Tsonga, I'm not disputing that. I just think Tsonga plays a more exciting game. Federer and Nadal don't smile much on court, that's true. But at least they are not always shouting up to their boxes and swearing and generally acting like moody teenagers. Look, I know you like him, but I don't so don't try and say I'm in the wrong for having a different opinion to you.

Yeah I know what you mean. It is annoying when he has a go at his entourage like it's their fault that he is playing badly, but I think he does it just to get his frustration out. On the whole I like him, but I too would root for Federer in the final if they meet because Federer is also my all time favourite player. I met him in New York 3 years ago and he was extremely friendly and polite!

It's incredible how accurate Federer is with his serves. He's by no means the fastest server, but he usually places them to perfection.

Back