• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He cost us £6m
I assume his wages are around £100k per week.
That equates to £5m per year.
On a four year contract, the total cost is £26m.

For Damiao/Remy, the fee would be £15m and the wages would be circa £50k per week.
That equates to £2.5m per year.
Cost is identical over a 4 year contract.

Ade is a proven striker who succeeded with us last year. There's no guarantee the other two would be successful.

Good business getting Ade in IMO

(psst, resale value)

thumbnail.php
berbatov-wearing-man-united-shirt.jpg

do not say anything bad about either of these two, or you will have Rosie snapping at your heels

(psst, resale value)

agreed, but success also brings money in, and provides a platform for future success, bringing more money in. The more money we get, the happier Levy is :lol:

Ade works in our team, no guarantee that the other two would work in our team

agreed, but success also brings money in, and provides a platform for future success, bringing more money in. The more money we get, the happier Levy is :lol:

Ade works in our team, no guarantee that the other two would work in our team

I agree that success is the be all and end all, but in a 'financial analysis' of the player i'd think it more well rounded to include it ;)

I am all for the Ade deal. Just excited to wait and see what else materialises.

Van der Vaart focused on Spurs

Playmaker says talk of a return to Hamburg is 'just gossip'

By Thomas Zocher. Last Updated: July 13, 2012 10:54am

Rafael van der Vaart insists he is focused on the coming season at Tottenham Hotspur and says talk of a return to Hamburg is 'just gossip'.

The Dutch playmaker joined Spurs from Real Madrid in 2010, but there have been reports he could be sold during the summer transfer window.

He previously enjoyed three years at Hamburg between 2005 and 2008, scoring 29 goals in 74 appearances for the Bundesliga club.

Hamburg coach Thorsten Fink has admitted he would be happy to welcome Van der Vaart back to the club, but the 29-year-old is planning to stay at Spurs.

Incredible

"It's kind of incredible how my name has been mentioned across Europe in the last few days," Van der Vaart told BILD. "But I just want to say that this is just gossip talking.

"I am about to play for Tottenham Hotspur in the new season. I have had two good campaigns in England and I am enjoying it.

"It's amazing the people of Hamburg and Hamburger SV still hold me in such kind regard. I enjoy this, it gives me a big boost."

Hamburg's general manager Frank Arnesen also conceded that agreeing a deal to bring Van der Vaart back to the club is just a pipedream.

Arnesen said: "Rafael van der Vaart would be an ideal signing. Every manager would be glad to be able to rely on him.

"But a transfer of Rafael van der Vaart to Hamburg is impossible. We would require massive subsidies for that."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7896425/Van-der-Vaart-focused-on-Spurs

Van der Vaart focused on Spurs

Playmaker says talk of a return to Hamburg is 'just gossip'

By Thomas Zocher. Last Updated: July 13, 2012 10:54am

Rafael van der Vaart insists he is focused on the coming season at Tottenham Hotspur and says talk of a return to Hamburg is 'just gossip'.

The Dutch playmaker joined Spurs from Real Madrid in 2010, but there have been reports he could be sold during the summer transfer window.

He previously enjoyed three years at Hamburg between 2005 and 2008, scoring 29 goals in 74 appearances for the Bundesliga club.

Hamburg coach Thorsten Fink has admitted he would be happy to welcome Van der Vaart back to the club, but the 29-year-old is planning to stay at Spurs.

Incredible

"It's kind of incredible how my name has been mentioned across Europe in the last few days," Van der Vaart told BILD. "But I just want to say that this is just gossip talking.

"I am about to play for Tottenham Hotspur in the new season. I have had two good campaigns in England and I am enjoying it.

"It's amazing the people of Hamburg and Hamburger SV still hold me in such kind regard. I enjoy this, it gives me a big boost."

Hamburg's general manager Frank Arnesen also conceded that agreeing a deal to bring Van der Vaart back to the club is just a pipedream.

Arnesen said: "Rafael van der Vaart would be an ideal signing. Every manager would be glad to be able to rely on him.

"But a transfer of Rafael van der Vaart to Hamburg is impossible. We would require massive subsidies for that."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7896425/Van-der-Vaart-focused-on-Spurs

Nice. And everyone else can go fudge off too. NOT FOR SALE

Transfer Central TNC ‏@TransferNewsCen
Arnesen claims they needed money from investors to sign Van der Vaart. Now Kuhn tells Bild he is willing to help -W.

Kuhn is the big investor in Hamburg

from the 11th july -
Football Agent‏@FootballAgent4
Tottenham and Man Utd have both expressed an interest in Radamel Falcao of Athletico Madrid ‪#thfc‬ ‪#mufc‬

Football Agent‏@FootballAgent4
Regarding Falcao..An enquiry is an enquiry.I never said offered or bought. Athletico WANT offers for him. Not near the 50m people mentioned

Why is it that players that are complete ****s, start behaving and function as a normal person when they transfer to us?

In Ade's case, part of his being a "complete ****s" , in our eyes, may have been down to his propensity for scoring against us.

I am delighted if we can get him for. 5-6 + signing bonus, that is being mentioned.

(psst, resale value)

If Ade's goals get us into the CL that any loss of a resale value, an unproven striker may take 2 seasons to realise any value with both season seeing us miss out on CL football "costing" the club 60m in those 2 seasons.

There's pros and cons on any player Ade, if he plays like last season, will score and get assists any new player may not.

@steviebateman: German billionaire Klaus-Michael Kuhn has urged Hamburg to sign Rafa Van Der Vaart saying he is prepared to finance the deal. #THFC #HSV

i have a sneaky suspicion we are trying our hardest behind the scenes to sign Lewandowski...he could be the big name striker signing that was rumoured by Moose on Talksport this morning

Back