• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd rather watch him waste a few than have someone who doesn't get those chances in the first place.

Awaiting Ade's signature.

boring.jpg

Ohh no not another season with Ade wasting chance after chance. Hope we pull of someone better.

Higuain? Aguero? Van Persie? Rooney? Cavani? Sanchez? Villa? Torres? Falcao?

Beyond those strikers, I struggle to see anyone vastly better than Ade. And all the above are unaffordable.

Higuain? Aguero? Van Persie? Rooney? Cavani? Sanchez? Villa? Torres? Falcao?

Beyond those strikers, I struggle to see anyone vastly better than Ade. And all the above are unaffordable.

Good post. people moan and complain but tell them to come up with a realistic alternative and they're lost.

Would rather us taking a gamble on someone like Loic Remy or Leandro Damiao, than signing Ade on a permanent.

For the same money as we are paying for Ade? Damiao is overrated and half the people who are calling for us to sign him have probably never seen him play. Remy is more of a wide forward imo.

Good post. people moan and complain but tell them to come up with a realistic alternative and they're lost.

Agreed. It does rankle somewhat. The man wasn't a minute's problem, worked hard (mostly), and scored 17 goals while setting up twelve more. For roughly 10 million quid (including the signing-on fee, else it'd be just five million) I cannot find a single striker who can better that.

Would rather us taking a gamble on someone like Loic Remy or Leandro Damiao, than signing Ade on a permanent.

we might yet sign one of these two, and with Ade on board either one of Remy or Damiao will have time to adjust to the Premier League and english football and can be slowly introduced to the team

Why? Ade is a proven premiership scorer,17 goals and 11 assists last season that's 28 goals potentially missing from the team but you would rather take a punt on players with no PL experience? Makes no sense to me. Plus they would cost a lot more than the reported 6m we are going to get Ade for.

and even if Ade flops for whatever reason, there will always be a QPR or West Ham etc waiting in the wings ready to offer 12 mill plus for his services, meaning a nice profit for all the trouble

Levy=financial genius

The other thing with Ade is that he had 4 legit goals chalked off for offside. So he was effectively a 20 goal a season striker last year, plus the boatload of assists. Amazing piece of business if we effectively pay for him by selling Pienaar.

as i mentioned yesterday, Man U paid us 32 mill for sulky Berbatov who never managed a season like Ade had for us last season in terms of goals and assists in the league, and we are getting Ade for 5-7 mill

its outrageous how Levy is getting away with it =D>

Adebayor for £5m all day long over unproven strikers in the prem.

The guy is proven, knows the whole team, and will probably be a better fit in our new system with AVB and the 4-3-3

as i mentioned yesterday, Man U paid us 32 mill for sulky Berbatov who never managed a season like Ade had for us last season in terms of goals and assists in the league, and we are getting Ade for 5-7 mill

Not our fault other clubs have more money than sense.

berbs had several amazing seasons for us dude, and he scored in a cup final. his partnership with Keane was excellent. I do agree however, that £5m is a snip by comparison if true - i imagine the signing on fee is pretty hefty though.

for Utd or Spurs?

in his 2 seasons at Tottenham, iirc Berbatov never managed 17 goals and 11 assists in either league season

season 2006/2007.....12 goals, 11 assists
season 2007/2008.....15 goals, 11 assists

and Man u go and pay 32 mill

Last edited by a moderator:
Back