• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
if Defoe goes then we must have another decent striker apart from Ade lined up [-o<

TRANSFER GOSSIP

QPR are poised to loan midfielder Joey Barton, 29, to the Championship, with Blackburn favourites for the player.

Full story: Daily Mail

Fulham hope £9m plus Clint Dempsey, 29, will be enough to tempt Liverpool into allowing Andy Carroll, 23, to move to Craven Cottage.

Full story: the Guardian
Nathaniel Clyne

Nathaniel Clyne was named Crystal Palace player of the year in 2011

Liverpool have agreed a £12m deal to make Fabio Borini, 21, Brendan Rodgers' first signing, with the Italian expected to complete the move by the weekend.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Borini's arrival could see Craig Bellamy leave Anfield, with QPR and Cardiff both interested in the Liverpool striker's signature.

Full story: The Times (subscription required)

Tottenham are interested in Atletico Madrid striker Adrian Lopez, 24, and are willing to pay the £15m get-out clause in his contract.

Full story: talkSPORT

Porto boss Vitor Pereira admits Tottenham want Joao Moutinho, 25, but insists the White Hart Lane club will have to pay £31.5m to land the midfielder.

Full story: London Evening Standard

Emirates Marketing Project defender Kolo Toure, 31, is wanted by Bursaspor, with the Turkish side ready to pay £6m for the player who was signed for £16m in 2009.

Southampton are hopeful of pushing through a move for Crystal Palace right-back Nathaniel Clyne, 21.

Full story: Daily Mail
OTHER GOSSIP

Nottingham Forest's new owners want Peterborough manager Darren Ferguson, 40, to take charge of the team after they sacked Steve Cotterill.
Peterborough manager Darren Ferguson

Darren Ferguson took charge of Peterborough for a second time in January 2011

West Ham's Ricardo Vaz Te, 25, is considering his West Ham future after being turned down for a wage rise.

Kyle Walker, 22, says the Tottenham dressing room will give new boss Andre Villas-Boas a chance to succeed at White Hart Lane. "He's going to give us a chance; we're going to give him a chance. Hopefully we'll gel and win trophies."

Full story: the Guardian
AND FINALLY...

New Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert, 42, has e-mailed supporters asking for help to turn around the club's dismal home form by making more noise.

Kyle Walker, 22, says the Tottenham dressing room will give new boss Andre Villas-Boas a chance to succeed at White Hart Lane. "He's going to give us a chance; we're going to give him a chance. Hopefully we'll gel and win trophies."

stop being a knob Kyle and just get on with it!! give the manager a chance??? you are just a fcuking kid in this game and you are talking about giving a successful manager "a chance"....jeez, football really has gone to pots

stop being a knob Kyle and just get on with it!! give the manager a chance??? you are just a fcuking kid in this game and you are talking about giving a successful manager "a chance"....jeez, football really has gone to pots

This is exactly my thoughts, but I have a feeling (or at least hope) its been taken out of context

Kyle Naughton too.

In all honesty it looks like Defoe's head has been photo shopped on too. Would also like to know for the default photo who it actually was taken of as the guy seems to have a mohawk?

It's Dawson's body.

I see AC Milan have sold Ibrahimovic and Silva to PSG - are they cashing in their chips before the FFP? Weakest squad as far as I can remember

He's not being a knob at all. Read the whole article on the kyle Walker thread..

I see AC Milan have sold Ibrahimovic and Silva to PSG - are they cashing in their chips before the FFP? Weakest squad as far as I can remember

They're fudging brick now.

Even Cassano has stated that he wants out and he'd probably benefit from the Ibrahimovic departure. They'll probably get Dzeko to replace Ibra but fudge me what a step down.

He's not being a knob at all. Read the whole article on the kyle Walker thread..

i read the whole article, and that comment about giving the manager a chance is out of order. The chairman makes the decision about the manager, not the players. He says there are no egos at Spurs, but then goes and says something like that???

if Ferguson had become our manager i can guarantee Walker would not have said anything about giving the manager a chance

Because he's the best club manager in the last 120 years perhaps?

its not right that Walker seems to be suggesting that the new manager is in effect on trial...

seriously, what gives him the right. He is a kid

i read the whole article, and that comment about giving the manager a chance is out of order. The chairman makes the decision about the manager, not the players. He says there are no egos at Spurs, but then goes and says something like that???

Can you not see that you're taking it totally out of context after reading the full article??

He has very clearly been asked if the Spurs players are going to give AVB a chance, and he's said yes why wouldn't they. End of story.

Back