• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do not understand by what you mean by "purest terms". Even if he is not a technical coach I would suggest he is defintely a tactial coach.

One would expect that by the age of 28 are manager/head coach will not be telling any of our players how to strike the ball

You are wasting your time

Sturridge thinks he belongs at a top club AND should be a regular starter. Needs to realise his own limitations.

You are being linked with Cheik Tiote in our local press.

Manchester United and Chelsea have already made enquiries but have pulled out as they were not prepared to meet our opening negotiating price of £20Million.

Manchester United and Chelsea have already made enquiries but have pulled out as they were not prepared to meet our opening negotiating price of £20Million.

No way we should be interested in him - why do we need a third choice ball winner and/or would be pay £20m for one? Makes no sense

One would expect that by the age of 28 are manager/head coach will not be telling any of our players how to strike the ball

I would expect them to be coaching in situations similar to what they expect us to get into from our tactical setup.
That's what they should be doing at least. Practicing situations that are as close to what they meet in a game as possible.

Any finishing training that is done under no pressure for example, I would not expect the player to become a great finisher from that.

Funnily that's the kind of finishing-training you could see from the England squad in the Euros. Crosses and finishes under no pressure.

I'd find this highly unlikely, with the greatest respect to Tiote who is a good player, I wouldn't pick him ahead of Parker I don't think and most definately not ahead of Sandro, who if he stays fit, will be a beast this season.

That's no slight on Tiote, but more an indication of how strong I think we are in the position.

I hope we don't either - he's worth about half of that, 15m at a push, depending on contract length

George Powell @George_Powell23

As I confirmed yesterday joao moutinho is in the spurs lodge for a second day of talks!

George Powell @George_Powell23

As I confirmed yesterday joao moutinho is in the spurs lodge for a second day of talks!

How reliable is this info - surely this would signal the end of Luka.

I hope we take Jose to the cleaners as far as the fee goes though

United suddenly linked to Moutinho and Dembele after Tiote interest went cold. Coincidence? Fergie does love to plant stories in the press.

How reliable is this info - surely this would signal the end of Luka.

I hope we take Jose to the cleaners as far as the fee goes though

This was his "confirmation":

‪#THFC‬ breaking news: just seen ‪#moutinho‬ pulling out off the lane from spurs lodge!! 100% breaking news!

Why would we want another DM?

Haven't watched Ssn today but being first day of preseason with a new manager in avb I'm sure they've got someone outside the lodge reporting so no doubt they'll confirm big moutinho is there?

Haven't watched Ssn today but being first day of preseason with a new manager in avb I'm sure they've got someone outside the lodge reporting so no doubt they'll confirm big moutinho is there?

wow you're thinking there's a slight chance that 'itk' was being genuine?

Back