• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
its lunchtime

i-feel-like-im-waiting-for-something-funny-picture-17594.jpg

Why the hell would Bentley want to stay? If i were him, i'd look to rejuvenate my career somewhere else. But maybe thats what he hopes will happen with a new manager

I just can't see him playing ahead of our first choice CM/RW's

Why the hell would Bentley want to stay? If i were him, i'd look to rejuvenate my career somewhere else. But maybe thats what he hopes will happen with a new manager

I just can't see him playing ahead of our first choice CM/RW's

Its a wind up

Contract extension for DB or no, they are not going to hold a press conference to announce it. Press release if you are lucky. More likely a small paragraph on the official site, and two lines in the local paper. (Unless he is our new manager)

By the way I wish DB all the best, I'm sure he still has talent, and probably just needs regular games in whatever position he wants to play in -but that is likely to be difficult at Spurs.

Contract extension for DB or no, they are not going to hold a press conference to announce it. Press release if you are lucky. More likely a small paragraph on the official site, and two lines in the local paper. (Unless he is our new manager)

By the way I wish DB all the best, I'm sure he still has talent, and probably just needs regular games in whatever position he wants to play in -but that is likely to be difficult at Spurs.

Oh Gosh, you've been merked!

this seems to be doing the rounds on the interweb.....from HarryHotspur

bob Says:
July 3rd, 2012 at 10:17 am
Believe it or not, i know someone very very close within Spurs and Modric will be staying and will not be going to Real Madrid, Chelsea or Man U.
He is prepared to fight for another season and then he has an agreement to leave if the AVB scenario fails.
He has been persuaded due to the refinancing options that have come into the club.
Now as my source is very very senior within Spurs, this to me is very true

bob Reply:
July 3rd, 2012 at 10:41 am
Yes, they have bought a load of shares, he has not said who as he would be sacked but they do have a lot of money …
[Reply]

bob Reply:
July 3rd, 2012 at 10:43 am
Financing options is based on the stadium development, not just naming rights. Much like a loan with interest rates but not the rates the banks charge …

the world is crumbling around us (from a finance perspective) and with this come higher risks in regards to raising money for the stadium. The stadium is never paid outright, just a series of loans that are paid off over a period of time and if debts are not paid on time, the interest goes up. Now with our new finance options, a guarantee has been made to our high paid players that even if we were not to succeed, they would still retain there wages and not be sold to get them off a wage bill that in the end couldnt afford to pay them. With the financial fair play rules being properly enforced in the 2013-14 season, the days of silly wages will be eradicated and so will silly naming rights. The money we have coming in is for the bricks and mortar of the stadium meaning that the money we would have had is to build is now used for players circumventing the rules (this is what i am told)

Liverpool's Brendan Rodgers confident Luiz Suárez will stay at Anfield.

Biggest Liverpool news in weeks.

An hour ago:

Goal UK @GoalUK

BREAKING NEWS: Andre Villas-Boas to be officially announced as new Tottenham boss in an hour

I think the transfer speculation is turning this forum into a bunch of absolute mongs. The most gullible group of people... Yesterday someone posts a couldn't-be-more-obvious tinkle take of in the knows talking about players not signing because they don't like he hotels they've been put up in, and loads of people believe it. And now someones said we're holding a press conference to announce David bentley has signed a a new contract and again, people believe it... Oh my word... People should be ashamed of their brains.

Every teletext nobody out there is exclusively revealing that AVB will be announced any minute and press conference scheduled for next Tuesday.

According to Sky Reports there will not be a press conference until the players are back at training.

Last edited:
Did they also put that they are brick****s without a fudging clue on that stupid banner?

Sky Sports News is UTTER dross.... it's basically Twitter ITK TV

Oh Gosh, you've been merked!

I think not.

I'd just like to point out to anyone questioning my intelligence. (Not that they would) That I didn't for one minute believe we were going to hold a press conference for DB. Which I think is what you will find my post says. Quite why I would explain why that couldn't possibly be the case - but believe it anyway, escapes me. Apparently Kaka is signing though.

I normally like a bit of Twitter but today has been absolute gonads.

Every journo and wannabe ITK c**t is in some kind of competition to announce AVB as "done".

Lame

Back