• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

this is torture, to do 3 big deals we need Levy to be everywhere! still think nothing will happen today. meh

Levy can be everywhere. Useful device called the mobile phone. ;)

Most of the potential deals will already be 90% done. Will only need to dot i's and cross t's when Levy / AVB decide which of them get the green light.

I think he probably would prefer to move back to Hamburg. But not because he's unhappy at Spurs. And not to the extent that he would have kicked up a storm.

Jimmy - I think we are missing each other here, mate.

You suggested that we wouldn't be letting key players go unless a replacement was lined up (presumably Levy knew VdV wanted out for some time or even the other version of AVB not rating him). I simply commented that from past experience that hasn't really been the case. Irrespective of their motives - Keane was sold early into the window and Berbatov wanted out of a year.

Kind of glad I'm driving to Scotland now and won't know anything more about news today
Will catch up tomorrow and get a nice calm summary.

And maybe read back through the thread to experience the emoptional rollercoaster...

All the way to Scotland without a radio??

I'm liking this new server. 640 online users and page loads are still under 1.5sec.

Be interesting to see how it copes come 11pm....

Yes this is strong possibility. If that was the case I appreciate he just got on with doing his job. That said, I do not believe we would let him go without having an incoming player lined up or being worked on.

Absolutely. There will either be a direct replacement for Rafa or another incoming midfielder who will allow Dembele to play further forward if necessary.

Or both!

I'm liking this new server. 640 online users and page loads are still under 1.5sec.

Be interesting to see how it copes come 11pm....

I got slaughtered last time I posted a thanks for the new server so fudge you

AVB on Moutinho yesterday - I really think we stand no chance at all and probably never did

Andre Villas-Boas is pessimistic over his pursuit of Porto playmaker Joao Moutinho and Brazil forward Willian.

Spurs are renowned for their last-minute forays into the transfer market and Moutinho was expected to be the focus of their attention on deadline day.

But Tottenham appear unlikely to sign the 25-year-old due to a 40million euro (£31.7million) release clause in his contract.

"It's an impossible deal for the club," Villas-Boas told a press conference.

"You have to bear in mind that this is a player with a 40million euro release clause.

Volume

"This volume of money is out of Tottenham's possibility.

"Bearing in mind that this is a key player for club and country, you wouldn't say that you would get him at half the price and half the price is already bigger than Tottenham's record fee."

The Portuguese, who has added Jan Vertonghen, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Mousa Dembele and Emmanuel Adebayor this summer, also appears pessimistic about his chances of signing Willian from Shakhtar Donetsk for the same reason.

"We had initial contact with Shakhtar, again a club in a position with wealthy owners (who are) not easy to deal with," Villas-Boas added.

"We can't say that it's over but we have approached the club and at the moment it's a deal that doesn't seem to be happening."

A last-minute bid for both players cannot be ruled out given Spurs chairman Daniel Levy's history of 11th-hour deals, but it is unclear whether Porto or Shakhtar will be willing to drop their asking price for the respective players.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8035706/AVB-pessimistic-over-pair

Just realised I'm going to miss the deadline, 11o'clock just seems a stupid time tbh why would it stop at eleven rather than 12?

When Lloris gets done, AVB must go out to the SKY team with cups of tea and some croissants. See if they catch on.

it's all posturing.. as i've said several times before, AVB is much more coy than his loose-lipped, saggy-faced predecessor.

Jimmy - I think we are missing each other here, mate.

You suggested that we wouldn't be letting key players go unless a replacement was lined up (presumably Levy knew VdV wanted out for some time or even the other version of AVB not rating him). I simply commented that from past experience that hasn't really been the case. Irrespective of their motives - Keane was sold early into the window and Berbatov wanted out of a year.

But you cited "precedent".

And precedent can only be set given virtually identical circumstances.

Since VDV's circumstances are very different to Berbatov's and Keane's circumstances, the latter two cannot be considered as precedent for the former.

Back