• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Update 55
Where - SC
Who wpd659

Alrite guys! I spoke to ma biatch itk tonite and We havnt released anyone as yet as we are looking to see who comes in but there is an understanding between players and club that they dont announce/ decide anything just yet unless we have the replacement sounded out!
Nelson has been offered a player-coaching role in the usa but redknapp does wana keep him if we cant get anyone in to replace outgoings and plus gallas mite be off!
Saha is off and was told this after the fulham game.but we havnt announced this yet as waiting on bringing a player in first and also he hasnt found a new club so there is no need to atm. Will change if he finds a new club or something happens with another one of our players.
King has been offered a new deal as i said last week.
Have heard Vertonghen is still being worked on but a fee has been agreed in princible! But still work to do so not done yet! Just down to how long payments are over and other add ons! Was talk yesterday of a medical being arranged for wednesday/thursday but was only a rumor was not confirmed!

Kagawa's moving closer to a United switch, Chelsea are on the verge of landing Hazard, and even Swansea are about to sign Sigurdsson permanently. It is depressing considering all we've done so far is announce pre-season friendlies against the mighty Cheltenham and Southend.

Still, I'd prefer a bit of haggling over, say, paying 15 million quid for the new David Bentley, so 'grin and bear it' seems to be the way forward, I suppose.

Is this guy for real, this was all in the papers 3 days back. And just lol at the saha bit, keeping him in as a smokescreen. His contract is expiring.

Kagawa's moving closer to a United switch, Chelsea are on the verge of landing Hazard, and even Swansea are about to sign Sigurdsson permanently. It is depressing considering all we've done so far is announce pre-season friendlies against the mighty Cheltenham and Southend.

Still, I'd prefer a bit of haggling over, say, paying 15 million quid for the new David Bentley, so 'grin and bear it' seems to be the way forward, I suppose.

come on man, it's pretty clear we're a long way down the road with Vertonghen.

Man U are no closer to Kagawa than we are to JV.

that apart, only 2 clubs have done / doing business.

3 big clubs are still looking for managers.

nothing to be depressed about at all.

Officially concluded transfers so far:

Arsenal
Lukas Podolski - Cologne - Undisc.

Chelsea
Marko Marin - Werder Bremen - Undisc.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine
Romain Amalfitano - Stade Reims - Free.

Reading
Gareth McCleary - Nottingham Forest - Free.

West Ham United
Stephen Henderson - Portsmouth - Undisc.

Glad to see UEFA's new financial fair play rules are working well...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/28/eden-hazard-roman-abramovich-chelsea

Eden Hazard is only Roman Abramovich's first step in rebuilding of Chelsea

"Chelsea are understood to be close to announcing break-even financial results, thanks to Drogba's decisive penalty in the shootout against Bayern, which club insiders say could be worth as much as ?ú100m. With Financial Fair Play approaching, the Champions League success has provided wriggle room. Abramovich wants his team to dance to a funkier beat."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/28/eden-hazard-roman-abramovich-chelsea

"Chelsea are understood to be close to announcing break-even financial results, thanks to Drogba's decisive penalty in the shootout against Bayern, which club insiders say could be worth as much as ?ú100m. With Financial Fair Play approaching, the Champions League success has provided wriggle room. Abramovich wants his team to dance to a funkier beat."

Erm.. And they've already spent a third of that on hazard.. 8-[

In what way is that worth 100m? I get the prize money for winning it and the money from next years run, (you'd think semi's at least), but the sum of those 2 wouldn't come to half of that. Merchandising etc. will not have been increased that much since the win, they're already pretty big in the glory hunting nations as it is.

They are allowed to report rather significant losses for the next couple of years, as long they "show positive signs".

Sky Sports ‏@SkySports

SSN understands Southampton are in talks with Burnley over a deal to sign Jay Rodriguez, which could be worth up to ?ú7m

Sky Sports sources understand Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers is to meet with chairman Huw Jenkins for talks

Can positive signs include prize money though? I.e that's subjective, you may not win things every year. Shouldn't the detail be around new long term sponsorship deals, overall wage bill reducing etc

Back