• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The 1060 pages and finally a striker summer transfer thread

DOes not say much for Charlie Adam & Jordan Henderson :)

From Adam and Henderson to Sahin and Allen with Lucas returning from injury. I'm slightly worried Liverpool will be good this season.

No permanent deal at the end of it and the total outlay is £10m apparently after fee and wages.... WTF?

Around £5m in wages and around a £5m transfer fee? Seems about reasonable for Sahin...

Liverpool got royally taken to the cleaners by real madrid :ross:

£5m loan fee with no perm deal?! They got mugged

Add that £5m to the Modric deal and get that taco out of the club.

5m loan fee, over 5m in wages. Over 10m total outlay for a one year loan is ridiculous and I'm not surprised that 2 clubs that are run properly financially pulled out/weren't interested.

What if he takes 10 games to settle properly?

Mind you if it works out and he is available next season then they would be in pole position to sign him.

5m loan fee, over 5m in wages. Over 10m total outlay for a one year loan is ridiculous and I'm not surprised that 2 clubs that are run properly financially pulled out/weren't interested.

What if he takes 10 games to settle properly?

Mind you if it works out and he is available next season then they would be in pole position to sign him.

He won't be available next season. He is Alonso's replacement.

He won't be available next season. He is Alonso's replacement.
yeah the reports are the player preferred Arsenal but the scum only interested in a deal with an option to buy. Mourinho wouldnt sanction it he only wants a loan for a year to England as he feels he needs toughening up. He sees Sahin as the future at Real.

So Liverpool officially Real's feeder club much like Arse - Barca?

yeah the reports are the player preferred Arsenal but the scum only interested in a deal with an option to buy. Mourinho wouldnt sanction it he only wants a loan for a year to England as he feels he needs toughening up. He sees Sahin as the future at Real.

Glad we stayed away then. I'm not in favour of loans really as it ruins the team and tactics if you dont sign them permanently.

Hate Liverpool fans. Having an argument at the moment and the guy does not have a clue.

Anyone else feel like we've consistently missed out on players that would have been a good fit this summer? Chelsea bought a bunch of them and now Sahin and Johnson gone to worse teams.

Anyone else feel like we've consistently missed out on players that would have been a good fit this summer? Chelsea bought a bunch of them and now Sahin and Johnson gone to worse teams.

There is no way on earth that Spurs would have spent around £10 million for a one season loan for Sahin with no guarantee of a permanent move afterwards.

I do agree that Johnson might have been a decent punt but there's obviously been a reason why his appearances for Emirates Marketing Project were so limited.

No concerns about Moses going to Chelsea, doubt he will even get a game - will be on loan to Wigan in Jan...

No concerns about Johnson going to Sunderland, bullet dodged IMO

Can only assume we werent interested in Sahin, else we could have leveraged the Modric deal to get him

They're paying about £10 million to get a player for one year. That's not reasonable.

Wages would have been the same had they signed him.

£5m is pretty high for a one season loan fee, but it's rare to see players as good as Sahin go on loan anyway. It's comparable to a £20m fee for a permanent player on a 4 year contract, £5m per year. Of course there is a higher chance you get that player to sign again or you can quite possibly recoup some of that by selling him before his contract runs out. Still though, it's a solid chunk of money of course, but for a player of his quality I don't think it's that bad.

if i stay at home all day and keep 7 tabs open on all the news sources im sure id get some right aswell

Plenty of twitter idiots doing that by the looks of things, they get way more wrong than they get right.

Jetset has been getting a lot of things right in the last year. More than just re-posting news from official sources.

No concerns about Moses going to Chelsea, doubt he will even get a game - will be on loan to Wigan in Jan...

No concerns about Johnson going to Sunderland, bullet dodged IMO

Can only assume we werent interested in Sahin, else we could have leveraged the Modric deal to get him

I agree with all of that.

We were in a prime position to secure Sahin if we wanted him, can only assume AVB has some good plans for us.

Back