• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which is exactly what gives us the Option - although for some reason you see that as fundamentally changing our tactical ethos when in reality we would simply be adjusting our movement in the final third to an extent. Plus Hernandez is nowhere near as limited as you've suggested above - he'd lead their line many times in fact

We'd still be pressing, playing out wide, controlling the tempo, etc. - BUT we'd also have someone upfront who offers a different final product to the build up. Look at Utd over all those years.

In fact - AVB's Porto was far better suited to a 'Hernandez' than an 'Ade' - just as a side note. Someone to finish off all those chances, etc.

"Simply adjusting" :lol:

1 - If it were so simple and "minor" it wouldnt actually be a change/option would it?

2 - Its not. Its a significant change. To go from a striker offering an all round package to one requiring service changes bucket loads. It is very much a plan B, and one that if employed regularly would detract from any continuity built up.

3 - Hernandez isnt coming to plan as a secondary option IMO

4 - AVB isnt a manager to switch tactics so regularly IMO

5 - Very few strikers in the Falcao mode, teams with a single Falcao type striker succeed in this league

Ron Vlaar: "I went to Tottenham twice but after talks with my parents I didn't go there. I think I made the right decision."

The cheeky b#stard. Have a nice time travelling to Ipswich,Coventry and Middelsborough with your Villa team-mates next season Ron.

MARCO AMELIA has reportedly been spotted around WHL today as Tottenham are interested in him.
Source: Rossoneri Blog (http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2012/08/20/amelia-linked-with-tottenham-hotspur-move/)

Djamel Mesbah and Antonio Cassano are close to leaving Milan while Philippe Mexes’ future is also hanging in the balance and now even second-choice goalkeeper Marco Amelia is linked with a Milan exit.

Amelia joined Milan from Genoa in the summer of 2010 and has been Milan’s second goalkeeper ever since, playing just 20 times in all competitions over the past two seasons in a red and black jersey.

According to Milannews.it, Amelia landed in London this morning and was in fact spotted outside of Tottenham’s White Hart Lane. Spurs have been linked with Inter’s Julio Cesar in recent weeks but his big wages have reportedly made them think about alternatives and the Rossoneri’s Amelia is one of them.

These rumours are not confirmed but should Amelia move from Milan this summer, il Diavolo could be on the market for a goalkeeper or just keep Edoardo Pazzagli along with Gabriel to fight for Amelia’s place.

"Simply adjusting" :lol:

1 - If it were so simple and "minor" it wouldnt actually be a change/option would it?

2 - Its not. Its a significant change. To go from a striker offering an all round package to one requiring service changes bucket loads. It is very much a plan B, and one that if employed regularly would detract from any continuity built up.

3 - Hernandez isnt coming to plan as a secondary option IMO

4 - AVB isnt a manager to switch tactics so regularly IMO

5 - Very few strikers in the Falcao mode, teams with a single Falcao type striker succeed in this league

Ade is far from the complete package you are making him out to be

AVB won't be switching tactics

Having the same type of striker would make us predictable and over-reliant on 1 particular player (basically your Point 5) who is not even that great (good to very good, yes)

Hernandez would be coming in to improve our squad level and offer options - much like Sigurdsson for example

SAF must be onto something after 25 years - else, I guess he must have lost it with all those different strikers in his team

SAF who has all but canned Hernandez?

How good Ade is is of course up for debate, but IMO that he is a "complete" striker is not. His style of play covers all the bases, IE - Complete.

Predictable is not an issue if it is still better than the other team. That said I have no issue with a plan B - but accept it is not going to be something employed every other week - and not something Hernandez would sign up to.

Something you seem to be trying to promote.

Seems odd, do we need any "cheap option" back up keepers with Cudicini and Gomes in the ranks?

Could be indicative of those moving on...

...unless he is seen as good enough to be #1?

Just seems random as Bullet said. But considering our options also strange. He is 30yo, been at a lot of clubs and had very few appearances. Maybe Lloris is the one we want but simply cannot afford him. But its all speculation and I for one cannot wait for this window to close.

SAF who has all but canned Hernandez?

How good Ade is is of course up for debate, but IMO that he is a "complete" striker is not. His style of play covers all the bases, IE - Complete.

Predictable is not an issue if it is still better than the other team. That said I have no issue with a plan B - but accept it is not going to be something employed every other week - and not something Hernandez would sign up to.

Something you seem to be trying to promote.

I'm promoting options and versatiliy. Hernandez would be a regular 1st team player - much like Sigurdsson, Defoe, etc.

Canned is a bit extreme - he'll never sell to us anyway, imv - this whole debate hypothetical at best

If only he wouldn't be valued in the £30m bracket, Fellaini could have been an ideal striker for us! With his hold up skills, the way that he wins the ball in the air and makes the most of it on the deck, he certainly has the skills to fill the role.

But Fellani is not a "striker", he has spent most of his career playing as a midfielder, normally as a defensive midfielder

I'm promoting options and versatiliy. Hernandez would be a regular 1st team player - much like Sigurdsson, Defoe, etc.

Canned is a bit extreme - he'll never sell to us anyway, imv - this whole debate hypothetical at best

IF AVB as expected will normally be playing one striker up front it would be questionable to sign Hernandez. We would be left with 2 of our 3 strikers - Defoe and Hernandez, incapable of of effectively leading the line as a sole striker/central

Back