• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Suarez - Serial Biter

By the same token, if he got a worldwide ban when playing in the premiership and missed the world cup, could the country of Uruguay sue Liverpool.

it would be FIFA rather than Liverpool

which makes me think, would Liverpool not be better appealing for compensation from Uruguay for failing to protect/control their asset?

which makes me think, would Liverpool not be better appealing for compensation from Uruguay for failing to protect/control their asset?

i doubt you can build a lawsuit around blaming uruguay for suarez biting someone.

because that loyalty is superficial, and he knows it. any loyalty that fans have to players is superficial, and every player in the world knows this. suarez doesnt owe the liverpool fans anything imo.

Superficial? They gave him a new contract and gave him the platform to win awards galore.

Superficial? They gave him a new contract and gave him the platform to win awards galore.

as galeforce has stated, that wasn't the fans. however, the club aren't loyal to players (suarez included) either. the club are just looking after themselves. thats why they were desperate to give him a new contract. nothing to do with loyalty. much like the fans, the club's (superficial) loyalty towards suarez only exists because he is good at putting the ball in the net. they aren't "loyal" towards him for any other reason. and suarez is intelligent enough to know this.

any appeal to CAS is gonna cost more than that before you even get in a room surely

i don't know how much a CAS appeal will cost. but, from a buyers point of view, the only things that matter is that suarez is unavailable till november, and the negative press that signing him will bring to the club.

i think the value of the "negative press" for spanish clubs would be minimal. and not being able to use suarez for a few months cannot be valued at any more than a couple million max. because if he misses september, october, november (3 months of football), and you valued this at £10m, that would mean you think he is worth £3.3m per month. which is obviously not the case.

i don't know how much a CAS appeal will cost. but, from a buyers point of view, the only things that matter is that suarez is unavailable till november, and the negative press that signing him will bring to the club.

i think the value of the "negative press" for spanish clubs would be minimal. and not being able to use suarez for a few months cannot be valued at any more than a couple million max. because if he misses september, october, november (3 months of football), and you valued this at £10m, that would mean you think he is worth £3.3m per month. which is obviously not the case.

That's only looking at losing him as a player for that time.

A lot has been said and written about the marketability of Bale at Real Madrid and this being an influencing factor in his transfer fee. Quite possibly a(nother) high profile situation like this could further damage Suarez as a brand and potentially also hurt the overall marketability for the club.

This could be worth considerable amounts over a 4-5 year contract period for the club.

agree with a lot of that, Spain start later so he'd only miss 2 months of football, plus Barca and Madrid have their own press effectively which could control the message

I wouldn't say I value him at 3m a month, it's more that the clubs could go to Liverpool and say, look we're doing you a favour here, knock 20% off and we'll take the problem off your hands right now, you won't need to appeal, you won't need to play PR games, all you need to do is buy a forward who won't spend a third of the year suspended

Not long enough but I was worried they might only ban him for the rest of the World Cup. Should have been 12 months but 4 months will do nicely.

Thanks.

I'm sure that if he was a Spurs player, there would be plenty of our fans who would find reasons to defend him.

But that would be wrong right?!!

Why would Liverpool have a case? FIFA has overall governance in football - so in all 3 cases where Louis Suarez has bitten opponents he was employed by teams taking part in FIFA accredited leagues and tournaments. FIFA have every right to make a decision that affects any competition under their jurisdiction. If a doctor committed malpractice while working for 3 different hospital trusts the GMC could still strike him off so he could not work at any other trust.

sorry, thought neymar was talking about the loyalty of the fans originally

No problem I referenced Liverpool so accept the challenge. You know what though the Lfc fans are bitterly disappointed with Suarez too, he has let them down.

Not long enough but I was worried they might only ban him for the rest of the World Cup. Should have been 12 months but 4 months will do nicely.

i think i'm in the minority in thinking that this ban is way too harsh. i don't think these three bites are too different to headbutts, other than that you see headbutts more frequently in football matches. had this had been luis suarez's third headbutt of his career, i don't think the ban would have been as harsh.

personally, i think there are far more worse actions in football. such as two footed tackles, where the offender can only be aiming to genuinely hurt the opposition. and these don't get punished anywhere nearly as severely as suarez has been. i would have banned him for 4-6 matches maximum, on the basis that i do not see a difference between this offense, and other offenses that deserve 3-6 game bans.

i think suarez is a "victim" of a bite being such as unique thing to do on a football pitch. as well as fifa being under a lot of pressure (for other reasons)

No problem I referenced Liverpool so accept the challenge. You know what though the Lfc fans are bitterly disappointed with Suarez too, he has let them down.

he has let the fans down, in the sense that he won't be able to play for them for a few months. but i don't think he owes them anything (and i think he knows this too)

I'm surprised how many of them are starting to turn on him, it's not the wagon circling of last time

i think suarez is a "victim" of a bite being such as unique thing to do on a football pitch. as well as fifa being under a lot of pressure (for other reasons)

it's probably some ingrained English gent thing but I think a bite is just about the worst thing you can do on a football pitch, it's violent and disgusting, it violates

if you watch the ivanovic aftermath back there is a different look in ivanovics eyes, after a bad tackle players normally look angry, after this he looked scared

it crosses a line

Back