• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs vs QPR

I think he's decent technically, and his work rate is to be commended. But he's not a good winger with the way Ange likes to play with them staying wide, he doesn't have the pace or individual skill. Hence why many have suggested he would be better in a central role.

And I didn't see the game, I'm sure he did great but he hasn't been opening up PL defences time and time again, doing it in a pre season game against a Championship side isn't evidence that he is actually really good because Spurs fans arent judging him on his pre season performances against inferior opposition. They're basing their opinions on actual competitive games....

I think you are right. And Ange is looking at him in a more central role. Where he has freedom to move around the pitch. It's not on Kulu but we do need a bit more trickery from wide areas as well as through the middle - Eze maybe?

I think you are right. And Ange is looking at him in a more central role. Where he has freedom to move around the pitch. It's not on Kulu but we do need a bit more trickery from wide areas as well as through the middle - Eze maybe?
If he's being looked at centrally then that's good, I honestly don't see a future for him here as a winger. Eze would be ideal for me, whether we are prepared to spend that much on him is the question I guess....

We desperately need more quality in our front three. They are all just above average apart from Son. And he was off form at the end of the season. We have good individual defenders and a lot of midfield.

But this:

Solomon
Werner
Kulu
Richardson
Johnson
Scarlett

It's not pulling up trees is it.

We desperately need more quality in our front three. They are all just above average apart from Son. And he was off form at the end of the season. We have good individual defenders and a lot of midfield.

But this:

Solomon
Werner
Kulu
Richardson
Johnson
Scarlett

Agreed, personally think we need a striker better than Richy and a right winger to compete with Johnson (and ideally win!)

There's much more attacking intent. Much less passing back compared to last season.
I wouldn't read too much into a pre season match. They ultimately don't mean anything.
Because he opened up their defense time and again with deft touches and perfect through balls. The better than many fans think bit is kindly being laid-on by your good self :)
Likewise you can't really judge anything on a preseason match. Through the middle he did look useful in competitive matches so there is something to be seen in that role but you can't base it off preseason. These matches have no real stakes no real pressure and the level of competition is significantly lower.

But this:

Solomon
Werner
Kulu
Richardson
Johnson
Scarlett

This … I like that there is some good youngsters at the club coming through the ranks.

But for me ,we look short in attacking areas. Don’t think any of them above are top quality. Sold Kane and brought in Solomon , Johnson and Werner not great really.

Apologies for being negative as I know it does not go down well on here but as it stands I think we are not getting close to top 4 or winning silverware unless we upgrade in the final third.

Yes it’s pre season but can’t forget the 2nd half of the season . We looked like mid table muck.

When we play quick, we are really good. Problem is, when we play quick, get to the line and put the ball in the box, we have played so quickly that there's only 1 or at best 2 players that have managed to get in there.

When we play quick, we are really good. Problem is, when we play quick, get to the line and put the ball in the box, we have played so quickly that there's only 1 or at best 2 players that have managed to get in there.

We are desperate for a CF now, its almost the last missing peice for me. BJ was quality in getting dangerous balls in today and it was wasted for what you say.

But this:

Solomon
Werner
Kulu
Richardson
Johnson
Scarlett

We played Werner, Son and Johnson today, which is our absolute worst combination. They all want to run from deep with the ball and never really want to be in front of it.

Apologies for being negative as I know it does not go down well on here but as it stands I think we are not getting close to top 4 or winning silverware unless we upgrade in the final third.

I don't disagree we need upgrades, but we literally just got close to top 4 with those players.

I don't disagree we need upgrades, but we literally just got close to top 4 with those players.
We did yes. But nearly is not going to win things. We need someone to put ball in the net. As others have pointed out there’s plenty of crosses into box.

This … I like that there is some good youngsters at the club coming through the ranks.

But for me ,we look short in attacking areas. Don’t think any of them above are top quality. Sold Kane and brought in Solomon , Johnson and Werner not great really.

Yes it’s pre season but can’t forget the 2nd half of the season . We looked like mid table muck.
We should have got top 4 last year with that attack
That was with players away in tournaments mid season and a freakishly high amount of injuries
So your statements be right. But is factually incorrect based on what we have seen
We know the club looking at extra attacking talent and we also know anyone decent is now on holiday post tournament
So let’s wait and see what happens

Back