• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs vs QPR

To me, Spence and Reggie are very suited to our system. I don't understand the need to replace them.. They are not starters.
Because they stink up the place? A lot more too it than just ability i would imagine.

Because they stink up the place? A lot more too it than just ability i would imagine.
That's an extreme opinion. Spence seems to have the ability. But you might be right about his attitude.

Reggie has never caused problems and looked good at United and Brentford.

Like i said. They are not starters. If we have youth that can fill those spots I'm all for that.

Just going see the point spending more money on backups and take a hit on these two.

That's an extreme opinion. Spence seems to have the ability. But you might be right about his attitude.

Reggie has never caused problems and looked good at United and Brentford.

Like i said. They are not starters. If we have youth that can fill those spots I'm all for that.

Just going see the point spending more money on backups and take a hit on these two.

Spence looks like he's getting another chance, Reggie doesn't (unless injured?). Reggie's wages must be high, and he lacks the physicality of Spence.

Royal is a top quality defender. Anticipates and closes down quickly. On the ball he's slow tho. Doesn't pass as well as he should at this level.

Spence looks like he's getting another chance, Reggie doesn't (unless injured?). Reggie's wages must be high, and he lacks the physicality of Spence.

Royal is a top quality defender. Anticipates and closes down quickly. On the ball he's slow tho. Doesn't pass as well as he should at this level.
Agreed on Royal. I like him. But I don't think he suits this system. Spence does.

I have nothing against Reggie. I just don't see why we spend money on a back up with udogie the starter. Reggie goes then a youth player I hope.

The fact the stripes on the away shirt are not symmetrical is just doing my head in. Worse than looking at Charlie Kane's picture wall.

Take aways: Kulu is far better than many spurs fans think. Have to pace him though the season (rotation), but he's starting for me. Hard working and the quality to open up a defense.

We have Porro's understudy and competition even in Spence. I wouldn't sell him. Even for 20m you'd have to question whether to sell now. It was only QPR in pre-season, but the application and ability was there.

Bergvall is tantalizing. Ability on the ball. Intelligence. He can play a big part rotating. And maybe he can be better than Madison at times.

Grey also looked good. With Spence playing well, is Ange considering him as CB cover? Where will Grey get games? Maybe covering Sarr.

Take aways: Kulu is far better than many spurs fans think. Have to pace him though the season (rotation), but he's starting for me. Hard working and the quality to open up a defense.

We have Porro's understudy and competition even in Spence. I wouldn't sell him. Even for 20m you'd have to question whether to sell now. It was only QPR in pre-season, but the application and ability was there.

Bergvall is tantalizing. Ability on the ball. Intelligence. He can play a big part rotating. And maybe he can be better than Madison at times.

Grey also looked good. With Spence playing well, is Ange considering him as CB cover? Where will Grey get games? Maybe covering Sarr.
How is a takeaway from a pre season game against QPR Kulu is far better than many Spurs fans think? Everyone has seen him week in week out in the PL and we all know he works hard, but he has been poor for more games than he's been good since he's been here (especially if you take out his initial loan period when he was an unknown) and he certainly does not and never will work as a winger in Anges system (if Ange finds a different role for him then fair enough). An hour in a friendly against QPR doesn't change that....

How is a takeaway from a pre season game against QPR Kulu is far better than many Spurs fans think? Everyone has seen him week in week out in the PL and we all know he works hard, but he has been poor for more games than he's been good since he's been here (especially if you take out his initial loan period when he was an unknown) and he certainly does not and never will work as a winger in Anges system (if Ange finds a different role for him then fair enough). An hour in a friendly against QPR doesn't change that....

Because he opened up their defense time and again with deft touches and perfect through balls. The better than many fans think bit is kindly being laid-on by your good self :)

Moore is great at those passes with the outside of his right foot. But do hope he practices with his left.
Yeah, I was disappointed to see him playing that with his right. Worries me when I see players who don’t have the ability to hit passes naturally off both feet.

I’m hoping that he just felt it wasn’t the right stride pattern to get that in quickly with his left.

Because he opened up their defense time and again with deft touches and perfect through balls. The better than many fans think bit is kindly being laid-on by your good self :)
I think he's decent technically, and his work rate is to be commended. But he's not a good winger with the way Ange likes to play with them staying wide, he doesn't have the pace or individual skill. Hence why many have suggested he would be better in a central role.

And I didn't see the game, I'm sure he did great but he hasn't been opening up PL defences time and time again, doing it in a pre season game against a Championship side isn't evidence that he is actually really good because Spurs fans arent judging him on his pre season performances against inferior opposition. They're basing their opinions on actual competitive games....

Back