• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

when he's bad he's like an extra opposition player, should have been subbed off far earlier

I think generally the recent discussion has been between those he think he can be so good that he should always be on the pitch, and those that think when he's off form someone else should get a chance, rather than that he should have been dropped for today

No problem him getting subbed earlier. Other players didn't cover themselves in glory today either.
Just seems as usual some of our fans need a spacegoat and for some reason our top scorer this season has become one. Which is insane.

No problem him getting subbed earlier. Other players didn't cover themselves in glory today either.
Just seems as usual some of our fans need a spacegoat and for some reason our top scorer this season has become one. Which is insane.

Better players are capable of more, we have two absolute world beaters when they want to be, that’s why they get the brunt of the frustration, when they play like today it’s only because they allowed themselves too.

What that we should have dropped son after scoring 6 goals in the last 3 games? You're trippin.
He bulked up his scoring in 3 games which makes him look like he has had a better season than he actually has. The guy is average at best and the only thing Elite about him is his once a season red hot patch.

He bulked up his scoring in 3 games which makes him look like he has had a better season than he actually has. The guy is average at best and the only thing Elite about him is his once a season red hot patch.

He bulked up his scoring by scoring. Which he wouldn't have done if he hadn't played.
Would begwijn have scored the same? We'll never know.

I disagree, he is elite, he just needs to realise that. It’s the same thing we saw with Eriksen and are seeing with Kane, they can win every thing if they just go and take it, the only thing holding them back is themselves.

The same is probably true of Ndombele, but he’s a lost cause.

It’s so frustrating to watch.

I disagree, he is elite, he just needs to realise that. It’s the same thing we saw with Eriksen and are seeing with Kane, they can win every thing if they just go and take it, the only thing holding them back is themselves.

Eriksen and Kane had more to their game. Son literally does nothing when he is not putting the ball in the net. I literally do not get excited when he is on the ball unless it falls to him in a goalscoring position. What does he do that Jamie Vardy doesn’t?

The same is probably true of Ndombele, but he’s a lost cause.

Mentally he is to reliant on harry, every time he gets the ball his first thought and look is for Kane.
That split second is enough to kill movez.
They both do it, but son has become really bad for it.

To say that he's average is unfair and althoug I can't challenge anyone's right to an opinion (I tried with Sissoko, learned my lesson), I can only say that on "average," Son is a really good player. I've said before that he has his share of bad games, just like Kane or any other top-tier player. After everyone was creaming their pants about our top-3 for the past few weeks, they've finally all had a pretty torrid time today.

I don't think Son should be benched next game, but I could see him being subbed off sooner if he doesn't improve his performance. The whole team was bad today so people crying about spacegoats need to realize that Son isn't being singled out; the scrutiny from me at least is because I do hold him in such high regard... next stop for me: the Romero thread.

The fact that we got beat 1-0 at home to Brighton and never had a shot on target and yet our forwards are being defended but the rb plaging out of position is getting a roasting says a lot.

Who’s defending the forwards? I was there today and everyone to a man was awful, worst performance I’ve seen live all season. Can’t say I’m surprised at the likes of baleforce bigging up the likes of bergwijn it’s what he does. He used to do the same when sissoko and Lamela were here, big up the lesser players and slate best players. I think he just doesn’t like players who score, Ronaldo and messi must be among his least favourite players

Who’s defending the forwards? I was there today and everyone to a man was awful, worst performance I’ve seen live all season. Can’t say I’m surprised at the likes of baleforce bigging up the likes of bergwijn it’s what he does. He used to do the same when sissoko and Lamela were here, big up the lesser players and slate best players. I think he just doesn’t like players who score, Ronaldo and messi must be among his least favourite players

Quite a few saying its not their fault, buy then it never is.

The same Bergwijn who missed our best chance of the game you mean?

He did, but he’d just come on, and it was a low xG chance. (Actually, thinking about it, I don’t think it was any better a chance than the Kane shot right at the start or the Reggie opportunity at the back post.)

I think Kane and Son did more to contribute to the defeat than he did.

The wider point is that sometimes players are brick and no one should be untouchable.

Last edited:

yeah, if by “lesser” you mean “hard working” and “best” you mean “lazy”

Quite a few saying its not their fault, buy then it never is.

I couldn’t pick anyone who performed higher than a 5/10 today. It didn’t help that it took us 5 mins to get out of our half each time whereas they took about 10 seconds but nevertheless, the forwards were poor. But we over reliant on the forwards. When they are poor, we are poor. Who steps up and takes the game to the opposition if Kane, Son and Kulusevski don’t turn up? I was really impressed with Bissouma today, we’re crying out for someone like him. It’s not Son’s fault that we have zero creativity in midfield and from the full backs.

Royal - Decenf defender but offers absolutely nothing going forward. In this day and age it’s more important to be good going forward as a full back than it is to be solid defensively.

Reggie - He’s become an ineffective crybaby.

He did, but he’d just come on, and it was a low xG chance. (Actually, thinking about it, I don’t think it was any better a chance than the Kane shot right at the start or the Reggie opportunity at the back post.)

I think Kane and Son did more to contribute to the defeat than he did.

The wider point is that sometimes players are brick and no one should be untouchable.

Not an easy chance having just come off the bench granted, but Bergwijn is a long, LONG way off from being on Son’s level and to pretend he isnt just silly. No problem with Bergwijn coming on to replace Son when it’s not happening for him but let’s keep things in perspective, Son is more than capable of getting a goal or creating chances even when he’s playing poorly.

Back