• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Indeed.

Expected City to win and win well reducing the gap in the GD. Complete bonus and even an outside chance now that 70pts could get us 3rd. Pretty sure 72pts definitely will.
Good start to the weekend, lets do our part.
If Leciester happen to win their next 2, City will be 15pts off the top before the step onto the pitch for the Manc Derby

City vs United next week. Let's hope the red clams aren't too deflated from losing to Liverpool/run themselves into the ground (highly unlikely).

City look awful. Pep has a real job on his hands. Bayern were a well oiled winning machine when he took over. He has now got an ageing mess on his hands.

Pretty damning indictment on Man C that they couldn't beat Norwich, who looked absolutely awful. I'm actually surprised that Norwich have 25 points based on what I saw today.

Considering they still have Man U, cheatski and Arsenal, I really cant see Man C getting to say 73 points, and therefore very hard to seeing them win the title. They actually need to be looking over their shoulders and trying to secure a top 4 spot, more than looking at the gap to 1st

That's it for City. Stick a fork in 'em. They're done like dinner.

You couldn't even detect the faintest whiff of despair watching them play at Norwich. It was smothered by an overpowering reek of resignation.

They're not winning the league and they know it. I can think of two reasons why they now can't be arsed to put themselves about properly.

One, because they were built to win. They've won the league twice now, but now, in a season when their nearest rivals have all spanked them, when they know they won't be winning anything significant, they aren't much bothered about consolation prizes and become a much softer touch.

Two, because it's a whole new ball game anyway next year when Pep takes over. Some don't want to play for him, some know they'll never be capable of playing for him. Either way, everyone's position is no longer secure.

Now? It's all about going home handsome. Avoiding any calamitous knocks that might disrupt the possibility of a smooth, swift transfer. No one should actually believe that, with Aguero saying he's off at the end of his contract in 2019, it means he'll actually be at City until then? He's merely served notice that he'd like to leave now.

Pussy willow.

Will be very dissapointed if West Ham are playing champs league next year. City are a disgrace.

agree but cant see it happening. Its 1 from 3 (City, Man U and West Ham) for the 4th place; they have a chance but I'd put it at about 10%-20% probability

That's it for City. Stick a fork in 'em. They're done like dinner.

You couldn't even detect the faintest whiff of despair watching them play at Norwich. It was smothered by an overpowering reek of resignation.

They're not winning the league and they know it. I can think of two reasons why they now can't be arsed to put themselves about properly.

One, because they were built to win. They've won the league twice now, but now, in a season when their nearest rivals have all spanked them, when they know they won't be winning anything significant, they aren't much bothered about consolation prizes and become a much softer touch.

Two, because it's a whole new ball game anyway next year when Pep takes over. Some don't want to play for him, some know they'll never be capable of playing for him. Either way, everyone's position is no longer secure.

Now? It's all about going home handsome. Avoiding any calamitous knocks that might disrupt the possibility of a smooth, swift transfer. No one should actually believe that, with Aguero saying he's off at the end of his contract in 2019, it means he'll actually be at City until then? He's merely served notice that he'd like to leave now.

Pussy willow.

Completely agree with the bolded part. It was amazing the lack of urgency and desire from Emirates Marketing Project - they didn't look like a team which was really giving 110% to win in order to challenge for the title. COuld be many reasons for that (i) they really don't believe that they can win the title, (ii) players wanting to avoid injury ahead of Euro 2016, (iii) Pelligrini being on his way out / Pep on his way in, (iv) they believe that winning the CL is more likely and/or their preference so will concentrate their efforts on that.

Either way, I agree that there was a sense of resignation about their performance

Love the optimism of that results chart, Jordi, but I'm not optimistic that Chelsea will put in a winning performance in the final game of the season if it means Spurs winning the title. Could see them rolling over out of sheer spite for us and letting Leicester get the result they need.

But they'll play their bags off against us.

Away to Liverpool is must win if we're to take the title.

There is the added potential of Ranieri winning the title at Stamford Bridge. While Terry might be the only survivor, Roman might have the polonium on standby.

I think it will be an incredible story, probably the smallest ever team to be involved in the PL, it will really steal Leicesters thunder

Well played, sir.

agree but cant see it happening. Its 1 from 3 (City, Man U and West Ham) for the 4th place; they have a chance but I'd put it at about 10%-20% probability

Dont rule out Liverpool just yet they have a very decent run-in. Will all depend on how they cope with all the midweek games if they progress in the EL

City are woeful. Its like since the announcement about Guardiola was made that they have just hit the beach. A lot of the media have driven this idea that he will come in and City will sweep all before them for years to come because of the players he will sign but I think City will have a struggle next season and possibly the one after too. They need to have a biggish revamp of the playing squad and Pep is coming into an environment that is vastly different from the atmospheres and auras surrounding Barca and Bayern. He is not going to have it all his own way and I think it will be a shock to him just how competitive teams near the bottom are at any point in the season compared to playing Elche and Almeria or Hannover and Darmstadt.

I actually think that regardless of where we finish, that if we recruit wisely and enhance our options across the squad and first 11 that we could consolidate on our showing this year. I think City need a lot of work, Utd need even more work regardless of who is in charge, Chelsea with Conte is to me not a very good fit and won't last and Arsenal will no doubt refuse to strengthen as is normally the case.

City are woeful. Its like since the announcement about Guardiola was made that they have just hit the beach. A lot of the media have driven this idea that he will come in and City will sweep all before them for years to come because of the players he will sign but I think City will have a struggle next season and possibly the one after too. They need to have a biggish revamp of the playing squad and Pep is coming into an environment that is vastly different from the atmospheres and auras surrounding Barca and Bayern. He is not going to have it all his own way and I think it will be a shock to him just how competitive teams near the bottom are at any point in the season compared to playing Elche and Almeria or Hannover and Darmstadt.

I actually think that regardless of where we finish, that if we recruit wisely and enhance our options across the squad and first 11 that we could consolidate on our showing this year. I think City need a lot of work, Utd need even more work regardless of who is in charge, Chelsea with Conte is to me not a very good fit and won't last and Arsenal will no doubt refuse to strengthen as is normally the case.

There results havent got worse or better IMO since the announcement

Basically the top drawer players they have relied on aren't as good or as fit and its cost them

I'm surprised everyone is so confident about us getting top 4, i think we have a really big run in and could easily drop 9 points out of our remaining games.

If we only drop 9 points we might well be champions! We might only need another 10 points say to get 4th

I'm surprised everyone is so confident about us getting top 4, i think we have a really big run in and could easily drop 9 points out of our remaining games.

If we drop 9 points we'd still finish on 73. For West Ham to finish above us they'd have to win 8 and draw 1 of their remaining games. Man Utd would have to win all 9 and Liverpool all 10.

If we only drop 9 points we might well be champions! We might only need another 10 points say to get 4th

I will be over the moon if we only drop 9 pts in the last 9 games.

With 73pts and our GD we would at least be 2nd and as you say, could possibly win it, although I still believe 75 will be the winning total.

do you think any of the teams currently outside the T4 look capable of going better than .500 for the remainder of the season?

it's gonna be a scrappy end to the season all round imo

I will be over the moon if we only drop 9 pts in the last 9 games.

With 73pts and our GD we would at least be 2nd and as you say, could possibly win it, although I still believe 75 will be the winning total.

I noticed ManCity manager Pellegrini has also targetted 75 points to win the league. I think we should also target 75 points. That will mean getting 20 points in our remaining 9 matches. This means winning 6 and drawing 2 matches. Ofcourse, it will be very difficult looking at our remaining matches. But that is the minimum we need to achieve if we want to win the league. Besides, our record league points in the PL era has been 72 points we got under AVB in 2013. Surely, Pochettino needs to get more than that 72 points if he wants to overcome AVB as the best Spurs manager in the PL era.

Reactions: AVB
Back