• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

U could see what berahino would bring to us . Dangerous from left plenty of trickery pace and directness , lovely finish for disallowed goal too that hart made effort for .. Would be very good signing

Berahino off for the last 10 minutes. Don't think I'll bother with the rest of the match... not much fun in watching a competent but pedestrian West Brom hanging on to prevent an embarrassment against a far superior Emirates Marketing Project.

I think the problem here might be the limits that Levy has set. I think in his mind he is very dissapointed with our record signings in Lamela and soldado. A combined 50 odd million and not much to show for it. So he has come out and said he is happier with buying players in the 15m range.

The thing is with Berahino. Is that with us his value will only go up. We would not be paying way over the top wages. He is young, English and already proven in the Premier. He is exactly what we need in our attack. Him Kane, Pritchard and Eriksen could be a good combo. So I am hoping that Daniel can see this will only work out well.

I think 22m or so and he could be ours. Whether we bid is another matter.

I fear Emirates Marketing Project coming in for berahino if we after the lad we need to pounce quick I think

I can't see that he's not worth say £20m rising to £25m with add ons. He's a young English CF after all!!

I think he'd bring a lot to our attack and in particular some directness and willingness to take a man on.

Hope we bring him in

Back on-topic though, Berahino played 70-80 mins for West Brom today, started up front, moved to the right, finished on the left, looked very encouraging in all positions.

He really would be the perfect signing.

So did his price go up by another 5 million today? :(
Not because of his performance, I don't think. Had a few nice touches, but was very little involved, along with the rest of his teams attacking players. I believe however that him playing means the price is unlikely to drop. That is, if wba don't have to sell him for ecpnomical reasons.

the Berahino deal will probably go down to the last day of the window. I do hope we are still in for him, although Poch did say that PL players are expensive and thats why we are looking abroad for better value

but the kid really looks classy, and as he demonstrated last night he can cover all the frontline positions. Works quite hard too.

WBA have bought a new striker http://mobile.wba.co.uk/news/articl...venezuela-striker-salomon-rondon-2607821.aspx

vwMin.gif

Even though this transfer makes sense, despite all the speculation in the media there has been absolutely no noise from either WBA or Spurs that we are actually seriously interested in him...unless Ive missed some soundbites?

Has anyone actually considered we might not actually be in for him?

We have a thread about him without actually putting in a bid so it will not happen.

You only have to look over all the previous threads in various different windows to see that we never sign anyone we have a thread about before there is substantial proof that we are interested.

City have Bony and already seem to struggle somewhat to accommodate him, which arguably militates against their having a real interest in Berahino (albeit that they want to up their quota of home-growns). I'd find it hard to believe the player would conclude a move there would be better for his development than to come to WHL, though, anyway. I think it does boil down to whether we really want him, or whether it's just a smoke-screen for interest elsewhere.

City have Bony and already seem to struggle somewhat to accommodate him, which arguably militates against their having a real interest in Berahino (albeit that they want to up their quota of home-growns). I'd find it hard to believe the player would conclude a move there would be better for his development than to come to WHL, though, anyway. I think it does boil down to whether we really want him, or whether it's just a smoke-screen for interest elsewhere.

That could be it, but players like Rodwell, Sinclair and Delph have done it.

With regards to Berahino, he could be a very good signing. But much like posters on here are worrying about "second season syndrome" or teams having worked him out, the same could be said for him. I think the risk is worth taking but I have no idea what Mitchell's black box says about Berahino compared to whoever else. At least we know Mitchell has been responsible for a fair few good signings in the attacking sense!

If Emirates Marketing Project have an interest in him, pouncing early is unlikely to have much impact. They will have tipped off his agent and spoken to WBA and we cannot compete financially.

Yeah, Liverpool thought they were getting in early for Willian, but we were monitoring the situation and pounced with a better offer. Unfortunately for us, Chelsea were also monitoring his situation and decided to nip in with an even better offer!

If clubs are interested in players and they are about to join someone else, they will make a call then and there whether to steam in and gazump, or let it happen.

Back