• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

Sorry Indian, I know I am responding a lot to your posts, but I just want to put my side across as it is contrary to your thoughts. As the buyer, the onus is on us to make the first move, I agree. However, there is no onus on the seller to sit down and thrash out a deal unless they have to sell, the transfer window is coming to a close, the player is unhappy or they have exhausted all possible efforts to make it an auction. WBA don't have a great record at selling at high prices, and this is their chance. If I were their chairman, I'd be dragging this out as long as I possibly could.

i dont mind if you have different views, its good to debate. Of course there is no onus on the seller to sort out a deal, but in this case Pulis hasnt ruled out selling Berahino. There has not been any "not for sale" posturing........if anything the impression is they are willing to do business, every player has a price, so its up to interested parties to at least come forward and make a bid

i dont mind if you have different views, its good to debate. Of there is no onus on the seller to sort out a deal, but in this case Pulis hasnt ruled out selling Berahino. There has not been any "not for sale" posturing........if anything the impression is they are willing to do business, every player has a price, so its up to interested parties to at least come forward and make a bid

There are usually some discreet inquiries first to figure how much they want. Once you make an official bid it will probably include some of the addons we'd like to have and that sort of thing.

i dont mind if you have different views, its good to debate. Of there is no onus on the seller to sort out a deal, but in this case Pulis hasnt ruled out selling Berahino. There has not been any "not for sale" posturing........if anything the impression is they are willing to do business, every player has a price, so its up to interested parties to at least come forward and make a bid

Absolutely, but he has also said that he'd like to keep Berahino. Isn't that just effectively inviting offers for the player? There's an offer for Spurs, he's testing if another will come. They don't need to sell just yet as they would probably like to keep him. As I say, if I were the WBA and I had a £15m offer from Spurs for my one star player that I have had in the last GHod knows how many years, and I was under no pressure to sell, I'd wait until a better offer came. I'd probably think it was making Spurs sweat. I only really need to make a decision at the last possible moment because if it does drag after this transfer window, Berahino's value drops on account of him only having 2 years left on the contract. It could go the other way and he has an explosive streak of goals that ups his price. Who knows!

I really doubt this will happen now tbh. Him playing means he hasn't asked to leave or refused to play. This means the price will not go down...

Absolutely, but he has also said that he'd like to keep Berahino. Isn't that just effectively inviting offers for the player? There's an offer for Spurs, he's testing if another will come. They don't need to sell just yet as they would probably like to keep him. As I say, if I were the WBA and I had a £15m offer from Spurs for my one star player that I have had in the last GHod knows how many years, and I was under no pressure to sell, I'd wait until a better offer came. I'd probably think it was making Spurs sweat. I only really need to make a decision at the last possible moment because if it does drag after this transfer window, Berahino's value drops on account of him only having 2 years left on the contract. It could go the other way and he has an explosive streak of goals that ups his price. Who knows!

yep, that makes sense i suppose.........still dont think weve made a bid, probably just asked what the situation is, if Berahino is for sale

how long till Sept 1st?

yep, that makes sense i suppose.........still dont think weve made a bid, probably just asked what the situation is, if Berahino is for sale

how long till Sept 1st?

Too long!!! Good to see that it is not just us that are dragging our heels. Even Emirates Marketing Project are struggling getting De Bruyne, and Chelsea with Rahman!

27 minutes gone and Emirates Marketing Project are 2-0 up. Berahino has been reduced to almost being a spectator... he's looked good every time he's got on the ball so far; but he's really not had any service - Emirates Marketing Project's midfield are simply dominating the game and he's working off scraps. But yeah, this is the first time I've really watched him play and paid attention and he does look good on the ball.

EDIT: Berahino looks like he's switched to the right flank now. Might see more of him now he's not quite so isolated up top.

anyone know who is West Brom's record sale and for how much

27 minutes gone and Emirates Marketing Project are 2-0 up. Berahino has been reduced to almost being a spectator... he's looked good every time he's got on the ball so far; but he's really not had any service - Emirates Marketing Project's midfield are simply dominating the game and he's working off scraps. But yeah, this is the first time I've really watched him play and paid attention and he does look good on the ball.

EDIT: Berahino looks like he's switched to the right flank now. Might see more of him now he's not quite so isolated up top.

Is Lambert not playing?

Is Lambert not playing?
Yeah... the Emirates Marketing Project midfield are really doing a job out there. Lambert and Berahino were both isolated up top. Lambert obviously had a remit to drop a bit deeper to try and get flick-ons for Berahino so maybe saw a little bit more of the ball.

Lambert's up top with Berahino on the right now though.

Yeah... the Emirates Marketing Project midfield are really doing a job out there. Lambert and Berahino were both isolated up top. Lambert obviously had a remit to drop a bit deeper to try and get flick-ons for Berahino so maybe saw a little bit more of the ball.

Lambert's up top with Berahino on the right now though.

Thanks.

beautiful finish there from Berahino, with his weak foot too. Offside though

lovely cross from the right as well from him

Not just saying this... as it really is the first time I've paid attention to Berahino, so I had no opinion of him one way or the other... but along with Yaya Toure, the guy is the best player on the pitch today (even if West Brom are 2-0 down and the opposition side is full of superstars).

He's not on the ball as much as I'd like, but whenever he is, he's electric. Fast, skilful, creative and hard-working (his tracking back is impressive - up to and including a last ditch block to prevent a goal). He got a great goal (ruled offside) and has put two gorgeous balls into the box that needed a better player on the end of them.

He's certainly playing well, hopefully he's looking at the rest of the side and thinking how he'd much prefer to be working alongside Kane and Eriksen.

Back