• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rough highlights of Prem teams' transfer windows

The market is ridiculous this summer. Apart from the deals rigged for PSR purposes, there are some insane fees being offered for complete nobodies.

If they are u21 their costs won't count towards psr. So the likes of villa will double what they spend on the u21 player while west ham overspend on the villa player.

Not sure if the amortisation costs counts when the u21 player stops being u21. It should but, i'm not sure. If it does. Villa are just digging a bigger hole for the future.

Villa selling both Luiz and Diaby could really hit them hard. A lot of pressure on incoming signings to hit the ground running.

Very much seems like when we rolled dice selling players and bringing in more numbers and depth than direct replacements. Maybe it will work but I am not blown away by their buys

A lot of clubs are juggling. Trying to keep in line with the spending rules. Which is fine. It's what they have to do.

You could argue we've done the same in some of our transfers. Paying more for one player and less for another to save on sell on fees (kulu, bentancur just one example). Rodon, gray in some eyes might be seen in the same light if we were at risk of psr.

Problem with juggling is that the more balls you have in the air. The more chance you have of dropping one. We'll see if those clubs have actually improved their playing squad as the season goes on.

A lot of clubs are juggling. Trying to keep in line with the spending rules. Which is fine. It's what they have to do.

You could argue we've done the same in some of our transfers. Paying more for one player and less for another to save on sell on fees (kulu, bentancur just one example). Rodon, gray in some eyes might be seen in the same light if we were at risk of psr.

Problem with juggling is that the more balls you have in the air. The more chance you have of dropping one. We'll see if those clubs have actually improved their playing squad as the season goes on.
I don’t think any have

I don’t think any have
Neither have we. We haven't improved our starting XI. Maybe Gray or Bergvall can challenge for a starting place (they will start games, because no one can play all games), but none are definite starters. But We've improved our squad to the point that in midfield, there won't be a significant drop in quality, regardless of who plays.

Neither have we. We haven't improved our starting XI. Maybe Gray or Bergvall can challenge for a starting place (they will start games, because no one can play all games), but none are definite starters. But We've improved our squad to the point that in midfield, there won't be a significant drop in quality, regardless of who plays.

Think we'd all like a marquee signing or 2. Get us excited that we can push on.

Happy with our business so far though.

I'm happy too. It was just in response to others vaguely suggesting we've improved much compared to our rivals. In reality it's pretty much status quo. Most have just slightly improved the squad.

Partly that was me. I was just saying that on paper a lot of money has exchanged hands (for those clubs). When in reality it hasn't. It's a juggling act which i'm not sure if anything has been added. But they'll still have to pay for in the future in regards psr (as long as amortisation kicks in after a player is no longer u21).

For us. Gray, bergvall we'll see.

Partly that was me. I was just saying that on paper a lot of money has exchanged hands (for those clubs). When in reality it hasn't. It's a juggling act which i'm not sure if anything has been added. But they'll still have to pay for in the future in regards psr (as long as amortisation kicks in after a player is no longer u21).

For us. Gray, bergvall we'll see.
We've improved for the future. Maybe they can make immediate impact too.

We've improved for the future. Maybe they can make immediate impact too.
I think they will
But I dont think anyone is sat here saying we have made the key signings
But … but… bergvall and gray could be much better suited and more available than maybe Hojberg and Lo Celso. That, as options would make us a better side

In other news, Chelsea signing another kid form South America for next year… love to know what their plan is. Best academy in the country now not gonna be used it seems

Looking at prospective 1st XIs I was thinking the same. It's great to have positivity around youth products and also to have some highly rated young signings coming in but I'm not sure if the team looks any more ready than it was going in to the start of last season. Long term injuries to Udogie and Richy would have us starting Davies at LB and Son at CF, I love both players but it'd be impressive if we can challenge for anything with that set up. There's more cover at RB with Spence looking like he should be able to play a part and Gray can cover there but that it's not like we've sold Royal anyways. It's great to have Werner in again as well but that'll most likely mean Solomon maintains his rather niche position of being deadwood that's only just signed last season despite everyone saying how brilliant and considered we now are in the transfer windows of late.

Perhaps we need to get Gill / Royal / Reggie shifted before we can make a real statement signing. It depends where we want to be as a club, no doubt we'll play some decent football and hopefully have some academy prospects making an impact but can't help but think if we want to improve on a "decent"* 1st first season we need more.

*Ange's words not mine before anyone barks at me

Long term injuries to Udogie and Richy would have us starting Davies at LB and Son at CF
I take your overall point, but on this one point I think if Udogie is injured we would move VdV to left back. Having said that, Davies was soooooo far forwards in the first half of the Vissel Kobe game, it really is a midfield/attacking role for 75% of the game, so we could indeed play Donley or Skipp or someone else random, rather than a LB.

I think if Richy is injured we would play Deki up front and Son left, as we did vs Vissel Kobe, Deki looked really excellent in that role, far better than when he plays right forward.

I don't want to stifle any of our starlets, so we should only sign someone that is REALLLLLY good. That is why I think Werner and Solomon are surplus if we get someone toppity top for left forward.

Back