• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ross Barkley

I think those
Barkleystats.png

Eriksen needs to improve his shooting, but at least he assists a few more.[/QUO

Is it fair to say that if Barkley comes he'll be backup to Eriksen and will be looking at a lot of bench time?
I wouldn't,t chance him because he is not the player a top four club would look at..off course I could be proved wrong!
But 5 goals..Chadli is far better on those stats...

Erm in case you forgot.... we are a top 4 club and are looking at him.
Whoop yeah nearly regulars ..fair enough..but you know what I mean...we're looking at him because we do not have the dosh that the others have so we go for a lesser class player..

If it means we can off load Sissoko maybe it's worth it...

.............can,t buy me love oh...CoySpurs...

Sissoko and £10mil. Win win.

Oh yes..I will be surprised if Everton want him though lol.
The trouble with Sissoko is his finishing. Powerful runner ..goes past players but runs into trouble.

What do Newcstle fans have to inspire their players against us.
..any ways...

I don't understand why we are pursuing this deal when we already have Dele, Eriksen, Son and Lamela competing for two positions.

Listening to the everton fans this kid is very thick and doesn't sound like an improvement on any of them.

This seems to me to be classic Levy, hoping to get a precocious talent on the cheap as he has one year left and see if Poch can work his magic, which will then allow Levy to accept a mega bid for Eriksen or Dele next summer.

I know I'll get called a child again but this is how I genuinely see this transfer. It's the only explanation that makes sense here to me.

Very sad but signing this guy is just a prelude to selling Dele or Eriksen for massive money.

I am beginning to think you are Shaney returned.

£25m would be great value when you look at some of the prices going around this summer. I wonder if they are still interested in Sissoko.

I must admit i am not of Barkley ( from what i have seen of him) however if we could get him for that price ( we all know that transfer fees have gone mad) then he could turn out to be a good buy.

I must admit i am not of Barkley ( from what i have seen of him) however if we could get him for that price ( we all know that transfer fees have gone mad) then he could turn out to be a good buy.

I'm ambivalent about him but he is better than our second choice options last season and is young enough that he could improve enough to push the starters.

£20m isn't beyond the question.

Koeman wants him out.
Everton won't want him hanging round for a season and then leaving on a free.
If they buy Sigurdsson before the week before deadline day there would really be no case for Everton keeping him.

The only issue is any of United,City, Cheslea or Arsenal coming in a trying to get him and forcing the fee up.

Poch wants him simply because he can play well in multiple positions. He could fill in for Dembele when he needs a rest. He could play in any of the 3 behind the striker roles.

I am beginning to think you are Shaney returned.

I don't know who that is mate and you'll find that prior to the Walker sale I was pretty much in tune with the rest of you guys on here (apart from calling for players to be fined who underperformed too often!) but I am afraid this transfer of Walker (one of the best rwb in the world) to a direct rival, today in 2017 considering where the club is, has truly shocked me and had a profound impact on how I view the club.

So much I thought was true of our Chairman I now know is not. I'm left drawing parralels between what's gone on and how this Club has truly floundered since 1985.

Isn't that around the time when Keith Burkenshaw said there used to be a football club over there.

Ludicrously overstated and melodramatic post. You seem to forget it is just a game of fudging football. I hear Liverpool fans like this type of victim mentality...

I don't know who that is mate and you'll find that prior to the Walker sale I was pretty much in tune with the rest of you guys on here (apart from calling for players to be fined who underperformed too often!) but I am afraid this transfer of Walker (one of the best rwb in the world) to a direct rival, today in 2017 considering where the club is, has truly shocked me and had a profound impact on how I view the club.

So much I thought was true of our Chairman I now know is not. I'm left drawing parralels between what's gone on and how this Club has truly floundered since 1985.

Isn't that around the time when Keith Burkenshaw said there used to be a football club over there.

To be fair, you're a consistent match day drama queen. Your reaction to Walker's sale is the same as your reaction to pretty much every team selection.

Last edited:

So selling a player who wants out and who is not on the same page as the manager for a record fee changed your opinion about the club and not towards the better? You're a strange cookie, mate.

This is so so true, and I can't believe no one else can see it. But what can we do to get rid of levy? What do you feel should be our next course of action?

Back